Spring Poker Championships 2023

Andy-Relax

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wxwPJv9sx_AoPpXiZsQw12r6nReJ9oea_QiKJRin7cI/edit?usp=sharing

You can now check out the draft for the new tournament series we'll be running at the end of the month, the Spring Poker Championships (SPC).

There will be leaderboards for the low/mid/high tiers as well as an overall LB and new event winners avatars. All events will have a new SPC theme/background and FT table.

We'll be using the "series" blind structure that was tested during the Slobberknocker series so 15000 chips is a 100bb starting stack, 30000 chips is a 200bb starting stack and so on.

You've got about a week to get any feedback in before the templates start getting made so if you see any issues or have any suggestions, please let me know.

• Like 10

Poker Janitor

7 hours ago, Andy-Unibet said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wxwPJv9sx_AoPpXiZsQw12r6nReJ9oea_QiKJRin7cI/edit?usp=sharing

You can now check out the draft for the new tournament series we'll be running at the end of the month, the Spring Poker Championships (SPC).

There will be leaderboards for the low/mid/high tiers as well as an overall LB and new event winners avatars. All events will have a new SPC theme/background and FT table.

We'll be using the "series" blind structure that was tested during the Slobberknocker series so 15000 chips is a 100bb starting stack, 30000 chips is a 200bb starting stack and so on.

You've got about a week to get any feedback in before the templates start getting made so if you see any issues or have any suggestions, please let me know.

wish we could get rid of the KO edition ones, those were horrible during the SlobberKnocker Series. PKOs are way more fun than KOs, little to none incentive in playing them tbh. so more PKOs, less KOs ❤️ .PKO>>>KO. lets knock tf out of them KOs.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dc10FTW said:

wish we could get rid of the KO edition ones, those were horrible during the SlobberKnocker Series. PKOs are way more fun than KOs, little to none incentive in playing them tbh. so more PKOs, less KOs ❤️ .PKO>>>KO. lets knock tf out of them KOs.

Variety is the spice of life and it's 3 out of 120 events 😛

• Like 1

Poker Janitor

I also agree with dc10FTW, normal KO's are just bad compared to PKO's. I have yet to meet anyone who would prefer normal KO tournaments over PKO's, if there is someone who prefers KO's then I'm fine with it since there are only three of them.

In my opinion there are too many PLO days, 50% less would be fine. 😄 

But overall this looks like a fun series!

• Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 8:07 PM, dc10FTW said:

Disagree, regular knockout all the way. PKOs are thrash except for the Banzai ones which are the best tournaments Unibet offers

The universal ranking of knockout formats goes:

1. Banzai PKO

2. Celebrity knockout only

3. Knockout

4. Super-Knockout

5. PKO

Edited by NewPlayer69
  • Haha 1

1) I like the range of events, looks like a good series. FWIW I primarily play cash, though I will certainly flick in a few events in the series.

2) IMO Prog. KO > regular KO. I'm not complaining about the inclusion of regular KOs tho (variety is the spice indeed).

Prog. KO makes the bounties relevant throughout the event whereas in regular KOs they go from being incredible important early on to virtually meaningless deep in the comp. 

3) I assume there are gonna be a ton of satellites running??? I very rarely directly buy into the bigger comps  but I will cheerfully fire into a bunch of sattys. This means the comps will have more runners, softer fields and you have potential for a great story when some random spins up a 5 euro ticket into a huge score.

4) Magnus events are great and the variety of BI is well thought out. I would definitely make the most of the Magnus events and market it as heavily as possible eg. have him stream it if possible, have a special prize if you knock him out (IDK a signed chess board / deck of cards or something). ATM I think most people playing on the Unibet and most Chess fans don't even know Magnus is sponsored by Unibet. I reckon a lot of chess fans would have a go on Unibet if there was a chance to play w Magnus (in either poker or chess).

GL everyone in the series.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, NewPlayer69 said:

Banzai ones which are the best tournaments Unibet offers

I like them too. @Stubbe-Unibet, @Andy-Unibet, how about an idea to create a series of banzai tournaments? Not necessarily with additional cash rewards, you can just offer sensei/belts avatar as a reward. Maybe even just for community community or discord. I think it might be interesting.

Edited by SShcherbyna

On 2/3/2023 at 3:00 AM, Trophies said:

I would of liked more events on sundays

There are already lots of regular schedule tournaments on a Sunday so adding more seemed redundant. One of the happy accidents of the new regular schedule is that we're basically running a series ever week so there isn't too much room for additional events until we grow a little more.

On 2/4/2023 at 4:04 AM, NewPlayer69 said:

Nice looking.

So will Magnus Carlsen be playing all 3 kick-off events, Low & Med and High?

Yes, he's confirmed he'll play all 3 buy-in levels.

On 2/4/2023 at 5:44 AM, Wizard said:

1) I like the range of events, looks like a good series. FWIW I primarily play cash, though I will certainly flick in a few events in the series.

2) IMO Prog. KO > regular KO. I'm not complaining about the inclusion of regular KOs tho (variety is the spice indeed).

Prog. KO makes the bounties relevant throughout the event whereas in regular KOs they go from being incredible important early on to virtually meaningless deep in the comp. 

3) I assume there are gonna be a ton of satellites running??? I very rarely directly buy into the bigger comps  but I will cheerfully fire into a bunch of sattys. This means the comps will have more runners, softer fields and you have potential for a great story when some random spins up a 5 euro ticket into a huge score.

4) Magnus events are great and the variety of BI is well thought out. I would definitely make the most of the Magnus events and market it as heavily as possible eg. have him stream it if possible, have a special prize if you knock him out (IDK a signed chess board / deck of cards or something). ATM I think most people playing on the Unibet and most Chess fans don't even know Magnus is sponsored by Unibet. I reckon a lot of chess fans would have a go on Unibet if there was a chance to play w Magnus (in either poker or chess).

GL everyone in the series.

1. Glad there is something there for you

2. I don't think anyone can argue that PKO > KO from a popularity standpoint. The addition of regular KO is more to add some variety to the series and to add some strategic elements to some events that players are not used to. This would have been the same had there been an Ante-up event or a Banzai event or any other of the niche formats we could have used. It's always going to be a fine balance between "something for everyone" vs appealing to the masses and something like a KO event feels less jarring that ante-up for example.

3. Yes, we'll run extra sats and tickets won in majors qualifiers that run just now will also be valid for series events. With there being no nano tier we'll make sure to have lots of value in the lowest level qualifiers.

4. I'm not sure what the bounty prize will be yet on the head of Magnus but I know Seb will be doing lots of promotion around it. The last time we ran something in collaboration with Magnus there was a huge turnout.

On 2/4/2023 at 9:14 AM, SShcherbyna said:

I like them too. @Stubbe-Unibet, @Andy-Unibet, how about an idea to create a series of banzai tournaments? Not necessarily with additional cash rewards, you can just offer sensei/belts avatar as a reward. Maybe even just for community community or discord. I think it might be interesting.

This sounds off topic 🙂 It is worth mentioning here that a Banzai tournament was not added to this series as I was uncomfortable with the idea of a €25/€50 Banzai tournament and it's ability to run well and the fact that the nightly Banzai games had not been performing well pre Xmas. I'll make sure there is one in the UOs later in teh year though.

1 hour ago, Lou4554 said:

The start time of phase 2 in the 5 and 25 euro are different. Wouldn't 19:30 for both be nicer? Depending on the expected duration for phase day 2.

It seems weird to run the phase ones 1 hour apart and then change the start time of one of them for phase two. The structure will be a little faster than the one used during the World Cup so I don't expect any issues with it running really late into the night.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

• Like 1

Poker Janitor

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2023 at 2:29 PM, Ja-z-Polszy said:

@Andy-Unibet there will be rule about leaderboard 'count only few of best performances' ? That is good option to rec players who wanna participate in leaderboard 💪

@Seb-Unibet how it works ? Leaderborad would be only for grinders or for rec players too ?

What about SPC satties ?

Veni,Vidi,Vici