Whats your poker emotional state

pirahn

After last nights ups and downs, i wake up with a poker hangover. Chip leader in sunday entitled with 12 to go and 3 consecutive outdraws to be busted. Tantalisingly close to a unibet open package, hit the turn and lose on river to a two outer. At least i won my entry back.

My question is what is your personality/emotional trait when playing poker and how does it change or affect your poker play. It may even affect how you behave away from the tables.I know i get very emotional after losing a big hand which in turn has a negative effect on the other tables im playing, where as winning a big hand leads to more aggressive plays.I have never mastered my emotions when playing and i suppose i never really will.

Thinking back to last night, my wife and daughter left the room very quickly after getting knocked out of UO. Very wise of them.lol

Try not to be results orientated, it's the only way. You can't change what your opponents and the cards do so you have to focus on whether the decisions you made were the correct/profitable ones.  

One of the Unibet guys wrote a big post about dealing with bad beats and variance but I can't remember the title of the thread. If I find it I'll post it as it explains things a lot better than I could :)

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

Just a suggestion but if bad beats/run bad affect you emotionally perhaps you shouldn't have your wife and kids around when you're playing poker. 

Poker if you play for fun should only be a positive thing in your life and upsetting your family isn't going to be much fun for anyone.  They don't as happy when u suckout on someone in comparison to the negative feeling they endure when the roles are reversed so why put them through it.

If you play for a living then you must become a hard man when it comes to your emotions and hope that it doesn't impact the rest of your life outside of poker.  (hate to sound jaded but this happens far too frequently in this business).  So you should set aside time for your work and have no interuptions.  If your wife can't handle that then either get a new profession or get a new wife.  I'd choose a new profession as poker shouldn't be more important to anyone then family.

Ok Guys, getting a bit serious, probably my bad for wording it that way. just a topic to see how the non grinders react to good and bad days at poker.

As to wife, she probably went upstairs to pack for punta cana which is where im taking her after winning a package. 

Its always difficult when players do not know each other whether some things are said in jest. Thats why it will be good to meet the community members in bucharest or glasgow.

Now im off to wife beaters anonymous

Archived