Wii U tv show/movie streaming questions

mifagiy

Hello guys, I have a few questions, firstly, I'm moving in a little over a week or so and i won't have internet and cable for a bit, and i love using the Wii U to play tv shows when nothing is on or while hatching eggs in Pokemon Y.

Anyway, would I be able download of few dozen GB of shows from my computer and put it on an SD card or USB drive and play videos on the Wii U from the SD/USB? and would it matter what file type the video is, most torrents give .wmv/.wkv or whatever and i've never found a video converter that didn't just do the first couple minutes and then tell me to buy an upgrade (mod EDIT: link removed). Yes i know i can play the shows from my computer but there's no fun in binge watching on a Surface Pro 2 and other people would want to watch some TV as well.

also, anybody know decent sites that don't ad-bomb the screen that can stream full seasons of shows to the Wii U's browser?(for when i have internet of course) Youtube is iffy and I hate it's video player and would be hit or miss on finding full episodes of some shows or too much searching needed to get to the next video. Namely wanting to find sites to watch shows like south park, dirty jobs/mythbusters, adventure time/regular show or whatever binge worthy but it's difficult to find sites that host compatible file types for the Wii U