Challenge completed! Or not.

SShcherbyna

Life is getting more fun. 🤪

I didn't have enough interruptions with electricity and the Internet, and now even one of the providers is blocking Unibet. And not only Unibet, but also all other poker sites except one🤨. @Stubbe-Unibet, what is Unibet's VPN policy? It is strictly forbidden, is there a chance to resolve this issue with the support service?

Called the provider's support service. There they answered that they do not block unibet.com and there are no problems from their side. And they advised me to contact Unibet's support service. At the same time, unibet.nl and pl.unibet-49.com opens and works fine, but when I try to login, it sends me to unibet.com and again nothing works.

@Stubbe-Unibet

10 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Could be an IP range block problem. Try with a VPN and see if it works. Just dont use a country which is blacklisted (you can find the list in the terms and conditions)

Thank you for the prompt response. Tried VPN, now works! Is this a list of banned countries?

98173765_Screenshot2023-01-1008_52_47.png.c35a9ab3b7f09da5079d3791d2d18097.png

• Like 1

Yeah at least so far getting through with VPN has been OK, if only the starting point is from same country you're registered to, idk. Don't wanna open any wounds here, but certainly surfing online and listening music via net radios while playing does not meet the criteria of an online creep, lol 😄

Spoiler

vpnFI.png.fc4e3a0f88309ce5612c2ee7ac7ab81d.png

If it would, well, I guess we'd all be fucked then 🙄

Edited by Rushbie
  • Haha 1

On 1/8/2023 at 9:26 AM, SShcherbyna said:

Challenge 2: Man on the moon!

As a child, I dreamed (like many others) of becoming an astronaut and visiting the moon, among other things. But something went wrong, and I graduated from a pedagogical university, which slightly reduced the chances of realizing my childhood dream. There is no space tourism for the month yet, and money for it still needs to be earned. Therefore, we postpone the dream of the moon, especially since there is an opportunity to get to the Supermoon!

Goal: Get to the final table of the supermoon, using your own funds only on "€0,04 - Flip to Supermoon" satellites.

The first satellites started playing on January 1. The very essence of the challenge is to cope with it faster than the calculations show. If you do not take into account my skill (🐠), the luck factor and possible overlays, then this is what comes out:

The probability of getting to the final table is about 20%. That is, I have to play 5 Supermoon tournaments = 25 satellites "€50,00 - Qualifier to Supermoon" = 125 satellites "€10,00 - Qualifier to Supermoon" = 625 satellites "€2,00 - Qualifier to Supermoon" = 3125 satellites "€0,40 - Qualifier to Supermoon" = 31250 satellites "€0,04 - Flip to Supermoon". It is possible to play only 24 flip tournaments per day. So, it turns out that I need 1302 days for this. 😳.

@Stubbe-Unibet, I hope there are no changes in the schedule of tournaments until 26.06.2026? 😄

If there are any changes from Unibet, I will of course adjust the challenge.

Let your dreams come true!

moon GIF

@SShcherbyna do you mean cash in tournament rather than final table? 20% final table seems very optimistic if  I could  manage this then I would just pay the full entry fee.

Just to let you know I did this last year but paid cash for 0.04 and 0.40 satellites 

Managed to qualify  for the main even 5 times , didn't cash once but took 6 bounties so seemed worthwhile 

Anyway good luck buddy

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rushbie said:

Don't wanna open any wounds here, but certainly surfing online and listening music via net radios while playing does not meet the criteria of an online creep, lol 😄

I don't open a poker client until I find something interesting on YouTube.😆
Maybe that's why I'm still a microgrinder? No, some nonsense. 🐠

1 hour ago, GLENGYLE said:

@SShcherbyna do you mean cash in tournament rather than final table? 20% final table seems very optimistic if  I could  manage this then I would just pay the full entry fee.

I also noticed the next day that I wrote the ITM probability instead of the final table. But decided not to fix it. Maybe this is my fate - to have 20% of final tables in €200+ tournaments...🥰🤫

• Haha 1

On the flipping for tickets part I'm not convinced it's worth it, unless like Farseer you can keep an eye on them and get the overlay. I used to play a lot of UK and UB live qualifiers and my hit rate was always better than average, very time consuming though. Horses for courses, it all depends on the individual. Good Luck with the challenge, hoping it's as good as you'r black belt one seems to be. 🤞

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

The next time I want to do a new "...days in a row" challenge, remind me that I have constant power and internet outages and my idea is stupid!
For the second day in a row, electricity on the "2 hours after 2" schedule. I am already silent about a new problem with access to unibet through one of my providers, now it is not important, because it does not catch the network at all 🥴. Anyone who has played banzai knows that it is not always easy to make a black belt in two hours. But if you really need a black belt, and there is little time left before the lights go out, what should you do? That's right, you need to turn on the "agro monkey" mode. That's how I play 🙈.
Three more days... 

@MaxSang plans to play 1,500,000 hands and the title of Iron Ass 😁. I don't have such a goal, but I'm just wondering how many hands there will be in a year. So I'll leave it here, and in a year I'll see what has changed.

1314927082__20230110_195158.png.fec877b857a67a3b494d8512d5b848d2.png

Edited by SShcherbyna
  • Like 5

On 1/8/2023 at 8:57 PM, SShcherbyna said:

I just realized that the Slobberknocker Series leaderboard is divided into low and high. In this case, I will try to compete in the lower league for the title of the best knockout. 🤓

Next time. Last week big problems with electricity. There were no significant missile strikes, but it got colder sharply, which caused a sharp increase in energy consumption and increased the load on power plants. The energy structure in Ukraine now produces 50% of electricity compared to last year. This is only the beginning of cold weather and what will happen next is unknown. But for now I won't play MTT, the cash game is not very interesting for me. Now I'm thinking about what to focus on for the time being such a power supply regime, SnG or Hexapro. I will also play Satellites on the Supermoon (as part of the 2nd challenge), they last less than two hours, the main thing is that the schedule coincides.
And for now...
Bonus Challenge: Survive the winter!

Prepare Season 7 GIF by Game of Thrones

• Like 4

On 1/9/2023 at 10:53 PM, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Could be an IP range block problem. Try with a VPN and see if it works. Just dont use a country which is blacklisted (you can find the list in the terms and conditions)

Hi, I have this problem too and I talked to your support and I was refused to use vpn, is there any other ways to solve this problem?

Challenge 1: Celebrating the release of Banzai 2.0!

1596707643_36605aa231d976023d2db490578937c8(1).jpeg.60a39564bd8603bc20d16ad8f503acba.jpeg

I whined a little under the spoiler, so I advise only my most devoted fans to read (yes, I believe in Santa and my fans!).

Spoiler

It was not as easy as it seemed at first. Especially with constant power outages and a large number of holidays during this period. I worked on the challenge on Christmas, New Year, my birthday, my mother's birthday, my parents' wedding anniversary. Power outages almost caused the challenge to fail several times. One day I finished the challenge half an hour before the end of the day. Many times I did stupid things at the table in order to complete the task in two hours (the electricity was turned on only for that time). And the presence of a laptop in such cases did not help, since the mobile Internet either did not work, or worked very poorly.
Was it worth it? Yes. I already mentioned in this blog that this year I had to see a psychotherapist. The war, my brother in captivity, relatives at the front, a lot of other problems affected my mental state. Panic attacks, anxiety, constant monitoring of the news - not the best way to spend the summer. An important part of therapy is changing the focus to something other than the war.
Poker is what I like. And I'd rather think about how to fulfill my challenge than read the news. It works well!

Now to the point. 31 days since the release of Banzai 2.0 and I have this result:

788099868_2023-01-13172348.png.467802214bd4aa03af6baa3764a6b2f8.png

I wonder how unique this result is. Perhaps @Stubbe-Unibet will provide information (if possible) on the number of players who received the title of Sensei and Black Belt each day during the month?

The entire challenge was performed on NL1. I didn't dare to go any higher, the variance is very high, I cannot afford to take such risks. Moreover, the distance for this discipline is still too small to draw any conclusions about the quality of my game.

The results are as follows:

Hands played: 40132

Profit: €161,97 (4,04 BB/100)

Rake: €154,95 (3,86 BB/100)

Best streak: +57 BI  for ~3000 hands

Worst streak: -44 BI for ~1000 hands

18 winning days and 13 losing days.

During the challenge, I participated in the Banzai Bonanza promo three times. Sitting for 10 hours almost without a break was difficult and I don't like promos like "See a million flops" because it encourages bad decisions. But the large number of players going all-in with any two cards helped me to show a good profit (for my level) even during the Bonanza. Twice 50 euros for the 3rd place and once 70 euros for the second - a good additional motivation.

Total profit from the challenge (I calculated a rakeback of 20%, but I don't know how close it is to the truth): €362,96

Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

The biggest losing pot: 178 BB (-€8,90)

open raise - 3bet - 4bet - 5bet all-in - call. Apparently, it was possible to fold to 5bet, but in Banzai NL1 I always play AK preflop for the whole stack 🤑

Spoiler

-.png.e69030b8d9527d66fd165fb7116f14a5.png

Biggest pot won: 242 BB (+€11,85)

I made a stack from 10 BB to 120 BB also thanks to this player. He almost always went all-in on the flop after a missed bet or check. That's why my call is based on dynamics.

Spoiler

514418671_1.png.40a6658f17cb5746ce8cc8bf07cf25c1.png

461394700_2.png.4f8767b82e79fbf0bf0afd40e9a6eccd.png

Biggest Stack: 399,8 BB

open raise - 3bet - call. And a very strange cbet overbet on the flop. It was a bit scary, but I will never fold in Banzai NL1 if I have a set. 🐠

Spoiler

b1.png.78447d0dae075064b2d7857c3a2ba6e1.png

b2.png.ee5d639913d8b9197b32fb80e98f17f0.png

Edited by SShcherbyna
  • Like 8

On 1/11/2023 at 10:48 PM, SShcherbyna said:

Next time. Last week big problems with electricity. There were no significant missile strikes, but it got colder sharply, which caused a sharp increase in energy consumption and increased the load on power plants. The energy structure in Ukraine now produces 50% of electricity compared to last year. This is only the beginning of cold weather and what will happen next is unknown. But for now I won't play MTT, the cash game is not very interesting for me. Now I'm thinking about what to focus on for the time being such a power supply regime, SnG or Hexapro. I will also play Satellites on the Supermoon (as part of the 2nd challenge), they last less than two hours, the main thing is that the schedule coincides.
And for now...
Bonus Challenge: Survive the winter!

Prepare Season 7 GIF by Game of Thrones

cant imagine what you are going through bud, hope to hell this all ends soon

• Like 1

Challenge 3: Highroller Sit & Go

Goal: Reach €25 Sit & Go 5 Seat and play 100 of these tournaments (or more) with ROI>0%

Terms and conditions:

1. Starting limit: €1 Sit & Go

2. A separate bankroll is allocated for the challenge.

3. Starting bankroll: €10,00

4. Bankroll management must be followed. Namely 10 BI for each limit.

<€10 - €1 Sit & Go

€10-30 - €2 Sit & Go

€30-70 - €4 Sit & Go

€70-170 - €10 Sit & Go

>€170 - €25 Sit & Go

5. In case of loss of the starting bankroll, I make a "deposit" of €10,00 euros and start again.

6. I have 60 days to complete the challenge. It was originally planned that way. But due to power outages, there will be a limit on the number of tournaments. Namely 3000.

Consulting Make It Rain GIF by SHOWTIME

Let's go!

• Like 5

Bath and North East Somerset Executive Committee leader Kevin Guy, who quickly responded to Oleksandriia City Council's request, organized residents to fundraise for generators.

This is my city. 13 generators arrived. Now there are even more "points of invincibility" in the city. These are places (mainly on the basis of schools and kindergartens) where people can come and warm up, recharge their gadgets, and recently even use satellite Internet. So if you're from the city of Bath(UK), know that part of your taxes went to make sure I don't freeze to death if there's a massive power outage due to missile strikes. Sorry and thank you.

Happy Season 3 GIF by Friends

Edited by SShcherbyna
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, SShcherbyna said:

This is my city. 13 generators arrived. Now there are even more "points of invincibility" in the city. These are places (mainly on the basis of schools and kindergartens) where people can come and warm up, recharge their gadgets, and recently even use satellite Internet. So if you're from the city of Bath(UK), know that part of your taxes went to make sure I don't freeze to death if there's a massive power outage due to missile strikes. Sorry and thank you.

Happy Season 3 GIF by Friends

Hi, are you playing with vpn?

@Tarikus7I used VPN several times to enter the browser client itself, turned it off during the game. I have a problem with the login when using one of the providers. Now I use cloudflare warp. With its help, the DNS is replaced, but the location does not change, as far as I understand. The login problem is gone. 

But don't take this as a recommendation. It is better to contact the support service and discuss your specific case with them. @Stubbe-Unibet allowed me to try VPN, but I don't know if it's a permanent permission or a temporary one, or if my account will be closed tomorrow for breaking the rules (I hope not). Therefore, I use any changes connected to the network very carefully and only if there is no other way out.

Edited by SShcherbyna
  • Like 1

#1st

After the announcement that there will be electricity at night for 4 hours in a row (this is already beginning to be perceived as a luxury), I decided to play a few MTTs. Perhaps the fact of bragging about the 1st place in the tournament for 2 euros seems funny and not serious to someone. But, firstly, a screenshot from the Supermoon is planned this year with this hashtag (oh, dreams), and secondly, for me, the first place is always joy, regardless of the buy-in of the tournament itself.

Spoiler

1676088830_2023-01-16025653.png.a7e0acac02cdbf855fda2fd12f426a6b.png

Edited by SShcherbyna
  • Like 4