Poker release notes 3.22

Stubbe-Unibet

42 minutes ago, 0rdvl0 said:

Thanks for the answer, it makes sense. Don't know if there are better randomization algorithms but this one is pretty predictable. 

Tomorrow we'll be discussing some tweaks to potentially have more hits during the first 50%.

• Like 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

17 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

There's a small delay in the timer stopping. The client first records the game when the first hand has finished. So the multiplier is revealed and game starts before the counter registers it.

Hmm, then I do not know how to feel about that. Maybe I would not call it false advertising but it is a bit misleading. I am aware there could be technical barriers to implement it fully in real time, but especially when the counter goes close to 0:00, it is quite unfair. I mean, during mentioned England vs Iran break but also before Morocco vs Croatia match the clock went to 0:00. This drove me (but I believe I am not the only one) to open tables like a mad man during last seconds of the countdown in a hope to hit the jackpot. In my case, I did not hit it and it only resulted in losing several buy-ins.

It should not be that big of a problem when there are still couple of minutes left but if there are only seconds, it is clearly misleading and may encourage the users to spend a lot of money for something that is already impossible to hit.

I am not sure how but I believe you should approach it somehow.

2 minutes ago, digidong said:

Hmm, then I do not know how to feel about that. Maybe I would not call it false advertising but it is a bit misleading. I am aware there could be technical barriers to implement it fully in real time, but especially when the counter goes close to 0:00, it is quite unfair. I mean, during mentioned England vs Iran break but also before Morocco vs Croatia match the clock went to 0:00. This drove me (but I believe I am not the only one) to open tables like a mad man during last seconds of the countdown in a hope to hit the jackpot. In my case, I did not hit it and it only resulted in losing several buy-ins.

It should not be that big of a problem when there are still couple of minutes left but if there are only seconds, it is clearly misleading and may encourage the users to spend a lot of money for something that is already impossible to hit.

I am not sure how but I believe you should approach it somehow.

It's on the backlog to change this but it's unfortunately not a simple fix

Sure, thanks for the answer and glad it up to change. I may only suspect it is not an easy fix. But you need to also take your consumer POV into consideration and until it is fixed many of your consumers (myself included) may feel a bit cheated. Don't get me wrong, it is a great promotion and of course no one is forced to take part in it. But especially when the countdown gets close to 0:00 it may encourage people to basically throw their money away (given the jackpot is in fact already gone).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, digidong said:

Sure, thanks for the answer and glad it up to change. I may only suspect it is not an easy fix. But you need to also take your consumer POV into consideration and until it is fixed many of your consumers (myself included) may feel a bit cheated. Don't get me wrong, it is a great promotion and of course no one is forced to take part in it. But especially when the countdown gets close to 0:00 it may encourage people to basically throw their money away (given the jackpot is in fact already gone).

I agree that it has to be fixed. The throwing money away part I don't know about though, as people will have significant negative EV rake when the counter is so low - will be very small share of games that are affected.

Well, if the counter is low but still counting (like 0:15 left) and the user is unaware that jackpot is in fact already gone then in my opinion it is indeed encouraging heavily to open as many tables as possible and without that jackpot guarantee it is extremely EV-. What I see is for example 15 seconds left on the clock. Then I am thinking - hell, let's try to register for all the games that are going to be launched during these last 15 seconds! So after all I have like 8 tables open when in reality I did not have a chance to hit this guaranteed jackpot as it was hit for example when the clock was on 0:40 and the guys are just playing the first hand quite long. And of course given all the probabilities and general variance connected with HexaPro Extreme I end up a lot of buy-ins.

I dont think delay impacts anything at all or very small impact. First of all you cannot put in one sentence word -EV - a long term thing and "I lose last games because of it" - a short term thing. It doesnt work like that. Long run you might lose some EV, but its not your worst session's loses. Lets say you usually play 4 tables and in last 40 sec you load 4 more. It doesnt mean you just lost 4 buyins because of delay. You might play slightly worse and lose like 0.5 buyins long run. Unless you sit out all 8 tables and because of too many tables on low timer. Id say its on you not Unibet or because of delay.

Second: What actually changes in you thinking process or your strategy if you know that there is 10-20 sec delay? For me personally nothing. I make my decisions based on information I have in the moment. We can see that it usually drops in last what 5 minutes? Thats 5 minutes of Highly +EV games vs at best few games I load in the time the delay is happening.

Also if sometimes that happens as you say: You load more games in last 40 seconds while JP already dropped. Again thats short term thing. You wont load new games exactly on the delay every single time. That would be the same as saying every single time Im going over speed limit there is a police in front of you. No. You are taking some risk every time but police is in front of you only few times. You cannot put short term results into long run examples as a fact.

Id not be ok with this only when timer would go to 0:00 every single time even if it drops at 5:00. Then we could argue about this. Right now its really nothing. 

• Like 2

Well, it is up to you how you perceive it. In my opinion if the big banner says "jackpot must be hit within X:XX" and in fact this jackpot is already gone for 5, 10, 15 seconds or even longer (completing first hand after you see the jackpot is hit may take some time I believe), it is quite misleading. Especially in the last minutes/seconds as it raises your hopes to hit it which may encourage you to open as many tables as possible. This game is by design EV- if the jackpot is not guaranteed, even with this guarantee I am not sure if it can be beaten long-term given the basic multiplier is 1x. You refer to short term - even if it is affecting short term "only", it does not mean it is not a bit unfair towards the players.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, digidong said:

Well, it is up to you how you perceive it. In my opinion if the big banner says "jackpot must be hit within X:XX" and in fact this jackpot is already gone for 5, 10, 15 seconds or even longer (completing first hand after you see the jackpot is hit may take some time I believe), it is quite misleading. Especially in the last minutes/seconds as it raises your hopes to hit it which may encourage you to open as many tables as possible. This game is by design EV- if the jackpot is not guaranteed, even with this guarantee I am not sure if it can be beaten long-term given the basic multiplier is 1x. You refer to short term - even if it is affecting short term "only", it does not mean it is not a bit unfair towards the players.

The game can almost be beaten without the promo. With the promo you can be an average player and still be profitable (again, negative rake). 

Are the swings HUGE and is a really significant volume required. Yes. 

NB it doesn't matter if the smallest multiplier is 1x or 1.5x. What matters is the EV rake, speed of games and overall multiplier distribution (in regards to game length and chip EV) 

• Like 1

Sure, you have the most accurate calculations of course. Anyway, after all it is not a part of the whole discussion - the countdown delay is. But maybe it is just my sole perception as I saw we have some Unibet spokesperson-wannabees here (no offence 😉 ) defending your point of view that is not that urgent to fix. I am not working in the industry itself but I have some professional experience connected with lotteries, contests etc. and I am sure something like that would generate some consumer complaints if not even something more serious as it is clearly misleading even if it causes losing just one, two or three buy-ins. Nevertheless, all I can do in this circumstances is just not to take part in it or treat it as a pure gamble 😝

15 minutes ago, comanimal said:

Even though I agree that it should be fixed of course, you do realize that you are basically complaining that you can't abuse this +EV promo to the max though right? 😆

I cannot abuse anything as I am not hitting those damn jackpots 😛

Well, luck for multipliers has never been my strong side 🥲

Anyway, all I mean in the end is that it could be treated as an urgent fix rather then queued somewhere for the future, even if it is not an easy one.

Damn, unibet client crashed with 17 tables open and when i login client crashes again and again and again  🥲 rip 85eur. Hope i didnt hit jp and sitout, that would be extra paintful to know. Strange, becouse i have played up to 20 tables now and then without a problem

Edited by Turbo_Boy
  • Sad 2

On 11/8/2022 at 8:39 PM, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Penalty Hero 20th Nov – 18th Dec

• Free bronze token each day upon login, no token earning in this edition
  • New updated Goalie animation in game, goalie is now smoother when trying to save the ball

How are you suppose to get more kicks to it? Havent received any...how much one has to play? I just want to score:D

Screenshot_20221126-202921.thumb.jpg.231cda1ebbd9c41520916f9127602ff6.jpg

There is a problem that has been going on for several months. Problem in the tournament lobby with the "favorites" tab. I remove a star from a tournament that no longer interests me, but the next time I log in, the tournament still has a star. I reinstalled the client, but realized that the list of favorite tournaments is stored on the server, since the problem is the same from other computers. What can be done about it?

• Like 2

Favourites work fine in one device, but when I use two devices it's bugged.

Example:

1. I add tourneys to favourites.

2. I log into another device and there I remove tourneys from favourites.

3. I log back in to firstly used device and tourneys are still on list of favourites.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FeelsBadMan said:

Strange games getting added? Never had that one, you sure that isn't the Kossu bug

Gotta admit there's a good chance it plays a part often too, yeah 😅
But also playing with 4 different devices sometimes (bedroom&livingroom tablets, phone and pc) during same day, i've lost the hope of making any sense to its behavior long time ago and adding/removing favs has become almost completely pointless effort to the brink of insanity ever since new design was launched 🙄
Could almost swear it sometimes have added games like small sats and communitygames of same buyin to it by itself, like marking the buyin as the trigger to fav all centgames of same kind etc., but think it's better to just blame Kossu for that for now without thorough testing 🙂

Edit. and oh, ran out of likes, but thanks a lot for raising that issue up @SShcherbyna 👍

Edited by Rushbie

2 hours ago, Rushbie said:

But also playing with 4 different devices sometimes (bedroom&livingroom tablets, phone and pc) during same day, i've lost the hope of making any sense to its behavior long time ago and adding/removing favs has become almost completely pointless effort to the brink of insanity ever since new design was launched 🙄

It seems to me that this is exactly the problem. I can also play on 2-4 devices in a day.

• Like 1