Poker release notes 3.22

Stubbe-Unibet

Previous release notes can be found here.

28863536_Releasenotes322post.png.b718cf08d73c49aff64c05229a1ef336.png

Release date: 14th November
Next release: 13th December

This release has what is probably my favorite promotion ever: timed HexaPro Extreme jackpots. In short, before every game, during half time and after every game (you know that little football tournament starting later this month), we will guarantee a jackpot hit. Yes, you read that right. During halftime, which is only 15 minutes, we'll be guaranteeing a 125x game to hit! I'd be very, very surprised if these 15 minute ones don't run with a negative fee.

Promotions

Still running/upcoming from previous release(s):

• Team Collector, 1 Nov – 4 Dec
  • Celebration MTT Leaderboard Weeks 24th Oct – 1st Jan 2023 (10 weeks)
  • Affiliate loyalty race, 1st Nov – 30th Nov

Included in this release:

• Time Based Jackpots 20th Nov– 18th Dec
    • Time based jackpots are forced jackpots that will go out within a certain set time frame. We have scheduled Time based jackpots during each football match; before, in halftime and after each game, 168 jackpots in total!
    • All HexaPro Extreme games will be on the new €2 and €5 stakes during the promotion
    • The HexaPro Extreme lobby is also decorated with a bit of football feeling and a new banner design
    • We've added a table nudge informing about ongoing jackpots, right at the table

image.thumb.png.d659bfff479339a0246b936874ef89af.png

image.thumb.png.aac8bcc0796b6e4ef2137ffdf48267ee.png

image.thumb.png.efa2df169c7b9e4ff7e75b1e27694853.png

• Penalty Hero 20th Nov – 18th Dec
    • Free bronze token each day upon login, no token earning in this edition
    • New updated Goalie animation in game, goalie is now smoother when trying to save the ball

image.png.41ef5c79f3a33d74162b32765f048e3e.png

• Winter Bootcamp, 28 Nov – 1 Jan

Coming in December release (preliminary list):

• Cash Game Banzai 2.0 Launch Pack, 19th Dec – 31st Dec
    • Ticket giveaways via new ticket reveal animation
    • Banzai 2.0 daily missions
  • Slobberknocker PKO MTT Series, 8th Jan - 15th Jan
  • January Monthly Mission

New features/Improvements

• Improved visuals in the promotions view. Examples below.

image.png.78f9f94fc2cfcc7c0cee6c197d0bc396.png

image.thumb.png.0b3207c184b11d2808a6ed94bed7fa82.png

image.thumb.png.90b2463521020f9c062014c71da8cb5e.png

Bug fixes

• Fixed issue in Hand replayer when it didn´t show community cards in some instances when going all in.
  • Fixed issue in MTT specific lobby where add-on info wasn´t shown when supposed to.
  • Fixed a small issue with “Time Left” counter where it could show incorrect values when time was between 59-60 seconds, so instead of showing “1:59 – 2:00” it showed “2:60”.
  • Fixed crash issue when clicking in specific lobby if that tournament was cancelled.
  • Fixed crash issue that appears if you double-click on the empty space around ‘spread’ out MTT tickets (after clicking a stack of MTT tickets).

Downtime 

We are updating Unibet Poker server side on Monday 14/11/2022 05:00-06:00 UTC.

Games will be paused during update.

New SNG tournament creation disabled 1 hour before update.

Update may be finished earlier.

• Like 8

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

On 11/8/2022 at 8:39 PM, Stubbe-Unibet said:
    • All HexaPro Extreme games will be on the new €2 and €5 stakes during the promotion

Why do the stakes have to be so low and boring? let's spice it up a bit, maybe some 10s, maybe some 25s, maybe some 100s 😅 It's the World Cup, not the Snore Cup 😴

• Like 1

Stubbe thinks the 2s and 5s will run at negative rake in the 15 min intervals that guarantee a 125x multiplier. This is despite 2 and 5 hexas having very high volume.

If you start running 100s (where volume is already tiny) then you might get hardly any games running and it ends up being a massive 'overlay' in the sense that the games in that 15 min period will rake nowhere near enough to cover the 12,500 euro prizepool in the big multiplier. 

Unibet is not gonna design a situation where 12 games run at the 100Euro Hexas in 15 mins and the site loses like 10K Euros from paying out a 12500 Euro prizepool for the 125x multiplier while barely taking any rake in the period. Obviously we get overlay sometimes (a site that never has overlay is burning money in not making more ambitious guarantees / promotions) but it doesn't make sense to set up a situation where a couple of the higher stakes regs just get giving 10k for putting in 15 minutes worth of volume.

IMO Hexa extremes only make sense at the lowest levels where there is sufficient volume to run the jackpot promo, sufficient volume to split the pool (between regular hexas and extremes) and its very casual so nobody really gives a fuck about how 'beatable' the format might be wrt the amount of play you get at 10bb vs the rake.

Edited by Wizard
  • Like 1

I was mostly joking with the 100s, even though I would love it 😄 . Probably wouldn't have mentioned it if it wasn't a downgrade from the usual 10s that get a ton of players. Still a really cool promo even as is. 

I think you're really underestimating the number of games that would start with a 12k prizepool, it won't be just the 0 players in there already. The main issue would be making it clear when the big ones are, having in the promos window an actual schedule with times and stake for people to know to be online at that time (I would also have a few up next in the banner while we wait for the next to start), maybe have it on the website as well. The current system where there's just a number of certain stake jackpots in the entire period is really bad at getting players to be present especially within such short timeframes. 

Obviously it would be a bigger cost, I'm just shooting my shot, at not having a snore cup 😁 

11 hours ago, Jeroenvg said:

Very cool promotion, can Belgiums also participate? 

There is no banner in Belgium but the game is the same for all markets: the increase in RTP/altered multiplier distribution applies to entire player pool. We will be looking into a different banner in Sweden, Belgium and Denmark, which would be compliant, but it's not ready this year.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FeelsBadMan said:

I was mostly joking with the 100s, even though I would love it 😄 . Probably wouldn't have mentioned it if it wasn't a downgrade from the usual 10s that get a ton of players. Still a really cool promo even as is. 

I think you're really underestimating the number of games that would start with a 12k prizepool, it won't be just the 0 players in there already. The main issue would be making it clear when the big ones are, having in the promos window an actual schedule with times and stake for people to know to be online at that time (I would also have a few up next in the banner while we wait for the next to start), maybe have it on the website as well. The current system where there's just a number of certain stake jackpots in the entire period is really bad at getting players to be present especially within such short timeframes. 

Obviously it would be a bigger cost, I'm just shooting my shot, at not having a snore cup 😁 

Schedule can perhaps be shared here later 😉 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

There is no banner in Belgium but the game is the same for all markets: the increase in RTP/altered multiplier distribution applies to entire player pool. We will be looking into a different banner in Sweden, Belgium and Denmark, which would be compliant, but it's not ready this year.

I like that!
I do hope that we have some kind of link or something just to know when it starts exactly and if the jackpot has fallen! 

12 hours ago, Jeroenvg said:

I like that!
I do hope that we have some kind of link or something just to know when it starts exactly and if the jackpot has fallen! 

This might be tricky. Only way I can think of is if there'll be a feed that you can tap into - not sure that's the case. The new banner for BE, SE, DK would essentially let you know when there's an "RTP boost" available, but there would be no countdown or anything that creates any sort of urgency. When the JP then hits and boost is disabled, the banner would be disabled or it'd at least reflect that this happened.

Maybe there'll be someone from another market streaming this promotion. Let's see in a week 🙂

6 hours ago, SickOldIMLOF said:

I have hate-hate relationship with hexa lately, but this promotion looks great, Im in 

😄 Glad to hear it! I'm honestly a bit sad I can't take part in this one, as especially the half-time boosts would be perfect for me. I'm likely going to watch - or at least have it in the background - all of the games and some great value Hexa couldn't come at a better time.
The 1000x are mostly for the knockout stage, where there'll be plenty, but these could possibly (depending on player behavior) be even greater value than the 125x.

On 11/11/2022 at 4:13 AM, radge1 said:

Downloaded the current client (I usually play on browser nowadays) and found it more stable for my old iMac than previous ones, hopefully that won't change with the new release 🤔🤠

Cancel that, spoke too soon...back to the browser 🤠

On 11/12/2022 at 11:03 PM, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Schedule can perhaps be shared here later 😉 

That's great, but was mentioning such a feature so that the general population can see it too, to increase traffic. Won't matter much now anyway with 2s and 5s, they'll get traffic regardless, so it's fine.

On 11/13/2022 at 6:34 PM, Stubbe-Unibet said:

This might be tricky. Only way I can think of is if there'll be a feed that you can tap into - not sure that's the case. The new banner for BE, SE, DK would essentially let you know when there's an "RTP boost" available, but there would be no countdown or anything that creates any sort of urgency. When the JP then hits and boost is disabled, the banner would be disabled or it'd at least reflect that this happened.

Maybe there'll be someone from another market streaming this promotion. Let's see in a week 🙂

😄 Glad to hear it! I'm honestly a bit sad I can't take part in this one, as especially the half-time boosts would be perfect for me. I'm likely going to watch - or at least have it in the background - all of the games and some great value Hexa couldn't come at a better time.
The 1000x are mostly for the knockout stage, where there'll be plenty, but these could possibly (depending on player behavior) be even greater value than the 125x.

No delay stream then I hope ^^ 

The banner that the RTP boost is available would be perfect for me. It's quite annoying to play without knowing if the JP has or hasn't fallen cause. This due to Belgium players don't get any rake-back and the low skill gap in this format will lead to massive -$ without the promotion. 

Just out of curiosity, did the jackpot hit during the planned England vs Iran break? The clock went to 0:00 I guess and there was no info that it did (I am not sure if there should even be...). That would be very interesing if the jackpot was active until the last second though 😄

Edited by digidong

On 11/21/2022 at 3:19 PM, digidong said:

Just out of curiosity, did the jackpot hit during the planned England vs Iran break? The clock went to 0:00 I guess and there was no info that it did (I am not sure if there should even be...). That would be very interesing if the jackpot was active until the last second though 😄

There's a small delay in the timer stopping. The client first records the game when the first hand has finished. So the multiplier is revealed and game starts before the counter registers it.

Haven't checked if it hit, but there should be no way that it did not. Can check later but got a long list of things due to 2 hour break from work during the Denmark game 🙂

1 hour ago, 0rdvl0 said:

Something really fishy about that jackpot timer. Always ends at the same time. Should it stop when jackpot hits or not? If not, it seems like false advertising to me.

The probability increases as the time goes on, so that a hit is guaranteed before counter reaches zero. There are also two randomizations build on top of each other, so that even the developers wouldn't know when it hits. 

17 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

The probability increases as the time goes on, so that a hit is guaranteed before counter reaches zero. There are also two randomizations build on top of each other, so that even the developers wouldn't know when it hits. 

Thanks for the answer, it makes sense. Don't know if there are better randomization algorithms but this one is pretty predictable.