New MTT Schedule - Feedback and Discussion

Andy-Relax

20 hours ago, pianocat88 said:

I don't think anyone here is saying "give us generic ticket qualifiers that overlay". I think they're saying "give us generic ticket qualifiers".

😺

As previously mentioned, overlay or not, we don't want to generate generic tickets because it's no help to us if those 4/6 tickets end up being one buy-in in 4/6 random tournaments. 

Poker Janitor

4 hours ago, Dragoo said:

I don't think so, but if you also play poker (as a recreational player) then you would also like more addons. Just try it, please.

I think the majority here do not express their opinion (only 1-2 regular players), because they do not even know about the Unibet Community.
But at least there should be an exception, and please put Mr. Gorsky back.
And there could be more additional races on the weekend. Recreational players really like addons.

If you understand the value in taking the addon, then they would be okay, even if they have other flaws: like only a small percentage of players being registered before tournament and a really significant share late registering in the very last level (for some tournaments +30%). This is not a nice experience for a recreational player.

And just so it's clear: a way too significant share of players in addon tournaments do not take the addon. This can be for a variety of reasons (winning just one tickets from a qualifier and not having sufficient funds for the addon, just not knowing to do it and thinking it's better to save the money etc. etc.) but the reasons really don't matter that much.

Lastly: it really doesn't matter if some players really love these tournaments. We know that's the case. The players love them due to the flaws of the format, which means they gain a further advantage on the bad players - who wouldn't like that, as a better player? 🙂 Again, we still offer addon tournaments, we just don't want to promote them with highlights or big guarantees.

All this being said, I'm not completely against adding one more addon tournament which is similar to Gorsky (8 min levels, 5k chips, buyin €5, guarantee maybe €250 instead of previous €600). I would perhaps make the addon 1.5x chips instead of 2, as an experiment: to see if we can lower the share of players doing max late reg while also reducing the disadvantage from not taking the addon. Anyway, this is for @Andy-Unibet to decide.

• Like 3

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

Some thoughts after another week:

- I like how orderly arranged new schedule is, most majors starting at xx:05 or hyper qualifiers at xx:10. I prefer this much more to chaotic randomness and I wouldnt mind to see even more of it, for example: using xx:15|xx:30|xx:45 for smaller MTTs between majors, moving all sats to xx:10|xx:35 and then maybe using xx:25|xx:50 for flips 

- I also like the new rule with reentries, that you can always expect either 1 or 2 max, but I wouldn't mind having one major with higher limit, something like old Black Hole where we could go mad for couple minutes at the end of reentry period 

- would be nice to have 1k Turbo PKO moved back to 23:15

• Like 1

Hi! I have realised that I won't be able to play tournaments anymore. I play those with a buy in 2-10 e almost every day. I can't be the only one that has a job to go to the day after. I can't stay upp all night. I need the tournaments to end around 10 pm CET, maby I can stay up to 11 pm occasionally. I like tournaments like Stratophere on saturdays (thanks for keeping that one!) and the Shooting Star that started 7:45 pm CET in the old schedule.

1 hour ago, ladyluckpls said:

hmm the 5eur bubble bursters decreased gtd by 250eur since last week?!?

Yes, couldn't continue with the crazy overlay 😉 They will also likely be replaced by something else next year as they aren't quite performing as we'd like.

Hey fellas, I've got a sick suggestion that I assume most players would appreciate.

In the descriptions of the new bounty tournaments there is no clarification on how the GTD is divvy'd up.

I assumed you didn't bother because the structures are same , but today I've realized that the prize structure actually varies.

For example how it used to be something like "50% of the GTD goes to bounty pool" etc. 

I think many new players would appreciate this clarification. Cheers!

58 minutes ago, TheNotor1ous said:

Hey fellas, I've got a sick suggestion that I assume most players would appreciate.

In the descriptions of the new bounty tournaments there is no clarification on how the GTD is divvy'd up.

I assumed you didn't bother because the structures are same , but today I've realized that the prize structure actually varies.

For example how it used to be something like "50% of the GTD goes to bounty pool" etc. 

@TheNotor1ous this info is already in the lobby 🙂 the bounty value is displayed as a € figure and there's a percentage to indicate how much you get and how much is added to your own bounty 

11 hours ago, TheNotor1ous said:

In addition to what Stubbe said, you can just assume that all PKOs will have a 50/50 buy-in split and a 50/50 payout distribution unless it's specifically stated in the name of the tournament that it's different. There shouldn't be any tournaments in the schedule just now that don't follow that structure. If you've found one, let me know! 

Poker Janitor

Some GTD changes coming into effect today:

The Good
Omaha Wrap €1,500 -> €2,000 – Sunday Only
Title Fight €10,000 -> €12,500 – Sunday Only
Ironman €2,500 -> €3,000 – Sunday Only
Stack €3,000 -> €4,000 – Sunday Only
Battleground €5,000 -> €6,000 – Sunday Only
Slobberknocker €7,500 -> €8,000

The Bad
Bullet €4,000 -> €3,500 – Mon-Sat, still €4k on Sundays
Battleground €5,000 -> €4,500 – Mon-Sat
Cage €2,500 -> €2,000 – Every Day

• Like 3

Poker Janitor

I just want to say I absolutely love the new schedule! 🙂 Good structured tournaments and also the leaderboards that are going on every week makes it extra juicy. On that note, what are the prices for the overall leaderboard? cant seem to find it anywhere.

6 minutes ago, Carleon said:

I just want to say I absolutely love the new schedule! 🙂 Good structured tournaments and also the leaderboards that are going on every week makes it extra juicy. On that note, what are the prices for the overall leaderboard? cant seem to find it anywhere.

1st place €1,5k in bonus points

2nd place gets to cry himself to sleep for the rest of the week 😉

Edited by comanimal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, sgriff said:

Key thing for me is to continue giving estimates for tournament duration.  Knowing which ones will fit into the amount of time I have is really helpful.  

These take a few runs to show up in the client and are based on the template. Sometimes we have to create a new template and it messes things up but- at least for the majors you can assume they'll be done around 1am CET, if not before.

• Like 1

Poker Janitor

On 11/3/2022 at 9:01 AM, Andy-Unibet said:

I don't there is any relevance in comparing the Stars schedule (or GG, Party, 888 or anyone else with a big global footprint) to ours. I imagine Stars have 50x or more of the player pool at peak EU time and they also have the Americas (I expect Brazil is now their biggest market after closing Russia) so they can run a schedule that's basically a copy/paste every few hours. Stars ran just over 90 regular schedule tournaments in peak EU time when I checked at the start of the year.

The closest thing to a direct comparison is going to be the iPoker network as that contains a number of Euro focused sites and is much closer in terms of size. When I checked their schedule in Feb/Mar time they had 35 regular schedule tournaments between 17:00 and 23:00 CET. We currently have 39.

I agree, it is not a fair comparison, but I did it anyway 😅 mostly because you compared to the bigger sites in other aspects. If you think adding tournaments will hurt the existing schedule don't do it. Do you know that it is 50x or is that a guess? I thought it was somewhere between 10-20x.

On 11/3/2022 at 9:01 AM, Andy-Unibet said:

I haven't gotten to a point of deciding yet. Just to confirm, you're only talking about the bounty payout being something other than 50/50 and not the buy-in split between bounty and prizepool? 

70/30 (bounty/prizepool) buy-in split with 50/50 bounty payouts

vs

50/50 (bounty/prizepool) buy-in split with 70/30 (bounty/cash) bounty payouts

Yes, I was talking about 50/50 (bounty/prizepool) buy-in split with 75/25 (bounty payout/progressive) which is what Ice Giant and Shooting Star used to be.

If you want to do 50/50 (bounty/prizepool) buy-in split with 70/30 (bounty payout/progressive) instead I don't mind. I've seen Stars have this option (30% Progressive Knockout).

Just any ratios that make bounties have a slightly less relevance late game basically. And at the same time make 1st vs 2nd payouts slightly closer. You choose.

Examples that would accomplish about the same thing:

50/50 (bounty/prizepool) buy-in split with 62/38 (bounty payout/progressive)

40/60 (bounty/prizepool) buy-in split with 60/40 (bounty payout/progressive)

40/60 (bounty/prizepool) buy-in split with 50/50 (bounty payout/progressive)

30/70 (bounty/prizepool) buy-in split with 50/50 (bounty payout/progressive)

My guess is that to only increase the bounty payout would be the most attractive option to players, however that is just a guess.

So far not liking the new schedule

Not enough 9max tourneys, especially R/A and and non-bounty

Not enough non-bountys

Not enough non-majors

All satellites give major tickets and not generic MTT tickets

Early morning tourneys have mininum set of players 6 instead of 2 or 3, most of them don't start

I simply cannot find anything to play 90% times I open the client

Edited by NewPlayer69
  • Like 2

On 11/6/2022 at 10:43 AM, Stubbe-Unibet said:

And just so it's clear: a way too significant share of players in addon tournaments do not take the addon.

This is very clear for everyone who knows anything about poker, even without server side statistics. Recs like to try again but many do not understand addon nor stack sizes. There are always so many small stacks who clearly didn't take addon and have practically zero chances stackwise and skillwise.

On 11/24/2022 at 7:58 PM, NewPlayer69 said:

Early morning tourneys have mininum set of players 6 instead of 2 or 3, most of them don't start

Are you Farseers burner account? 😄

I've fixed some of them. If you see others let me know. Thanks for highlighting.

On 11/25/2022 at 1:06 AM, startelver said:

Should be more Major 9 max  €5 and €10    . 

The daily one starting at 5.05 PM CET Ironman is one of the few good ones. Normally last around 7 hours.   

They're split 50/50. What would be the reason for skewing them one way or another?

17 hours ago, haselnut said:

Back to the dead hours. Came back from work around midnight yesterday evening (Saturday) and didn't find any MTT or any reasonable Qualifyer. Is there so little traffic ager midnight?

image.thumb.png.7e6ee9992519584faf5495057f0350ca.png

Do you have filters on?

Poker Janitor