2023 Men’s Basketball Question/Issue

mifagiy

With the five recruits that have signed, and us also making a run at a sixth in Anthony Black, where are we going to play them, like, where will the minutes come from? And scholarships too… With the talk over the last few days of no Senior Night festivities, it seems like the program thinks JD will be back, he and Toney both have another year of eligibility with the COVID year. JD is great but I don’t know what his pro career will look like and if his game translates to the NBA, but my concern is this, if we only free up three or four (Toney) scholarships, we will need one or two players who are on scholarship to transfer. I don’t want to see any players leave but I feel it is realistic at least one or two will transfer and we can see as many as four leave the program. If we have JD, JWill, Devo and Toney, Komani to back up Williams and then our freshman 5, Walsh and Jr. will be heavy in the rotation, probably when starting, but with Ford, Pinion and Dunning I’m wondering how it will all fit together. What are everyone’s thoughts on who will be back next season with the new guys?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, mifagiy said:

With the five recruits that have signed, and us also making a run at a sixth in Anthony Black, where are we going to play them, like, where will the minutes come from? And scholarships too… With the talk over the last few days of no Senior Night festivities, it seems like the program thinks JD will be back, he and Toney both have another year of eligibility with the COVID year. JD is great but I don’t know what his pro career will look like and if his game translates to the NBA, but my concern is this, if we only free up three or four (Toney) scholarships, we will need one or two players who are on scholarship to transfer. I don’t want to see any players leave but I feel it is realistic at least one or two will transfer and we can see as many as four leave the program. If we have JD, JWill, Devo and Toney, Komani to back up Williams and then our freshman 5, Walsh and Jr. will be heavy in the rotation, probably when starting, but with Ford, Pinion and Dunning I’m wondering how it will all fit together. What are everyone’s thoughts on who will be back next season with the new guys?

Knicks game live

no response

Yes. As the guys above said. 

Thanks for the interesting question and discussion starter @mifagiy, but unfortunately I also have too little pertaining knowledge to comment on this one. Hopefully someone can give some fruitful comments and insights into your question!

And welcome to the community! 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/12/2022 at 10:10 PM, Livertool said:

Markkanen rules! And that is all i know about nba 😖

And how has it turned out? Kind of amazing that no matter what sport are we talking about, all you need to know is you need Fin to win. Utah was suppose to be bottom half team yet in the lead of conference 🤳

Overall to sports world it is good thing that we only are nation of 5.5 million people so we can't produce masses to rule all sports, that would get boring very fast.