Poker server issues 15/09/2022

Guldet

2 minutes ago, Bustbig180 said:

Are they going to restart the Titan????

or do we just sit here waiting?????

It will most likely be cancelled, same as all tournaments. Refunds will be done in line with their disconnection policy that was already shared on this thread 

It wouldn't make sense for a restart to potentially happen at 3 am where only one of the remaining players in the mtt is online and able to capitalise on the situation, blinding out everyone else that's left in the tournament. It sucks, I know, but it's the best way to do it I guess

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marto said:

It will most likely be cancelled, same as all tournaments. Refunds will be done in line with their disconnection policy that was already shared on this thread 

It wouldn't make sense for a restart to potentially happen at 3 am where only one of the remaining players in the mtt is online and able to capitalise on the situation, blinding out everyone else that's left in the tournament. It sucks, I know, but it's the best way to do it I guess

Well everyone is stiing at my table and thats 6 out of 18 left........if i go bed they then start and say tuff luck

Can I assume to receive a payout from aprox. 200 EUR in line with their cancellation policy? Because this sucks.

I already withdrew my bankroll to my bank account because I'm tired of these sudden server busts..

At this point I feel like I Just want to get my money and leave.

Unibet toernooi 15-09 server issues.jpg

Edited by PLOmahawk
  • Sad 2

Just now, Bustbig180 said:

Well everyone is stiing at my table and thats 6 out of 18 left........if i go bed they then start and say tuff luck

If there is a technical issue going on, it is likely not going to be resolved until the morning when most people will be back to work. Maybe they have some people working on call but the fact that we haven't had an official update on here yet makes me think that this will not be resolved tonight and it will be a cancellation and refund kind of job. 

I hope you won't stay up all night with the hopes of this being fixed, only to be left disappointed and tired 😩

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marto said:

If there is a technical issue going on, it is likely not going to be resolved until the morning when most people will be back to work. Maybe they have some people working on call but the fact that we haven't had an official update on here yet makes me think that this will not be resolved tonight and it will be a cancellation and refund kind of job. 

I hope you won't stay up all night with the hopes of this being fixed, only to be left disappointed and tired 😩

Exactly!

This would be the best and the most fair way for everyone to resolve this 🙂 It sucks that we can't play anymore and maybe we could improve our ranking in the mtt's that we're still "playing".. but sometimes there could be server errors.. that's how the digital world is sadly 😕

12 minutes ago, PLOmahawk said:

Can I assume to receive a payout from aprox. 200 EUR in line with their cancellation policy? Because this sucks.

Unibet toernooi 15-09 server issues.jpg

Based on the ICM result you have 27.8% share of the prize pool, according to ICM https://www.icmizer.com/icmcalculator/#PUWH 

Overall prize pool (minus bounties) is €506.95. So your share would be 0.278 * €506.95, or €140.93. then, you add your head value on top, as that gets added to your prize pool in line with the disconnection policy so it will be €162.18 

I think my calculation is right but feel free to correct me if needed 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, marto said:

Based on the ICM result you have 27.8% share of the prize pool, according to ICM https://www.icmizer.com/icmcalculator/#PUWH 

Overall prize pool (minus bounties) is €506.95. So your share would be 0.278 * €506.95, or €140.93. then, you add your head value on top, as that gets added to your prize pool in line with the disconnection policy so it will be €162.18 

I think my calculation is right but feel free to correct me if needed 

That would be disappointing but there's nothing left to do than wait I guess.. Thank you my friend for calculating this one for me! Much appreciated.

Edited by PLOmahawk

Horrible how little Unibet staff is present solving these problems. They need those firefighter type of bells where they can come to work when something like this happens.

Already tried support staff, they couldn't give me confirmation whether tournaments would resume suddenly or continue to be paused forever.

4 hours ago, mugmaster200 said:

last time was heads up final table and no refund and just ignored the fact i was somehow allowed to get back on right after heads up ended... and now im in 2 tourneys and have been playing all evening and now it decides it cant verify my locaction again, ive reinstalled and all other poker sites working fine tables still going internet is fast

Cannot comment for the first instance you mention, but I think this night’s “shutdown” or “blackout” impacted everyone playing, not a case of kicking someone out 🙂

I am sure Unibet and the poker team will compensate any possible losses you might have suffered according to the cancellation policy (https://cf-mt-cdn1.relaxg.com/chew/rules/com/en_GB/tournament_cancellation_policy/). @Stubbe-Unibet, @Andy-Unibet or however is on the clock first will probably have their plate full of work sorting these out. But they all are here to help everyone, so let’s thank them for that!

• Like 1

Rather cretinic and disgusting on their side not to inform their userners

For example Posting on the web page on social networks, not silent path for guerrillas

Social networks are designed to communicate with family members of similar thinking and friends

Not to simply spawn only with their own ads There was some sort of info in 2000, of course, long ago. Comparison
 image.png.1714f84e237445c4f4a3f33617606ba3.png
tnx you and i hope you back online soon

3 hours ago, NewPlayer69 said:

Horrible how little Unibet staff is present solving these problems. They need those firefighter type of bells where they can come to work when something like this happens.

Already tried support staff, they couldn't give me confirmation whether tournaments would resume suddenly or continue to be paused forever.

Well most of the Unibet staff is based in London, Malta and across the Scandinavian countries, if I remember correctly and this happened well outside of business hours for all of these locations. 

I work for a global company that has workers across the globe and even we have issues when our website or platform goes down, if it does so outside of European hours, as most of our developers are based in Europe. 

Tourneys will be cancelled, most likely. I think it's impossible to re-organise all the people playing all of the tournaments and tell them "it will restart on such and such date and time, please log in to play then". Of course not everyone will be available to play every night, just because you played on Wednesday night doesn't mean you are available to play on Thursday night at the same time etc 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marto said:

Well most of the Unibet staff is based in London, Malta and across the Scandinavian countries, if I remember correctly and this happened well outside of business hours for all of these locations. 

I work for a global company that has workers across the globe and even we have issues when our website or platform goes down, if it does so outside of European hours, as most of our developers are based in Europe. 

Tourneys will be cancelled, most likely. I think it's impossible to re-organise all the people playing all of the tournaments and tell them "it will restart on such and such date and time, please log in to play then". Of course not everyone will be available to play every night, just because you played on Wednesday night doesn't mean you are available to play on Thursday night at the same time etc 

Appreciate this one 🙂

Everyone working with poker is indeed based in Malta or Northern Europe, and we're a relatively small team, so we don't have around-the-clock coverage in case of rare downtime in the middle of the night. I'm really sorry for the issue, which seems to be a DDOS attack. Fortunately, the automatic pausing of tournaments worked and they'll be canceled according to policy (https://cf-mt-cdn1.relaxg.com/chew/rules/com/en_GB/tournament_cancellation_policy/).

I don't have the full details yet, but mitigation measures seem to be working, and we're in the process of sorting out the paused tournaments (cancelling them) as well as enabling the tournament formats again.

Again, really sorry about this one, but not much we can do differently I'm afraid. The mitigation measures did work as intended. I'll add an announcement and keep you posted in this thread

• Like 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

• Stubbe-Unibet changed the title to Poker server issues 15/09/2022
1 hour ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Appreciate this one 🙂

Everyone working with poker is indeed based in Malta or Northern Europe, and we're a relatively small team, so we don't have around-the-clock coverage in case of rare downtime in the middle of the night. I'm really sorry for the issue, which seems to be a DDOS attack. Fortunately, the automatic pausing of tournaments worked and they'll be canceled according to policy (https://cf-mt-cdn1.relaxg.com/chew/rules/com/en_GB/tournament_cancellation_policy/).

I don't have the full details yet, but mitigation measures seem to be working, and we're in the process of sorting out the paused tournaments (cancelling them) as well as enabling the tournament formats again.

Again, really sorry about this one, but not much we can do differently I'm afraid. The mitigation measures did work as intended. I'll add an announcement and keep you posted in this thread

My original point still stands, I think there should be bells that wake your staff up from the comfort of their own homes and bring them to work even if it's middle of the night

Other alternatives are:

1. You give your regular Unibet support staff in the livechat little bit more power to say what's going on and will the tournaments be cancelled or continued

2. You add "timer" to that tournament cancellation policy which gives specific number if server is out 59 minutes for example the tournaments will be continued but if they are out 61 minutes the tournament won't be continued. This will clear things up.

Edited by NewPlayer69

2 minutes ago, NewPlayer69 said:

My original point still stands, I think there should be bells that wake your staff up from the comfort of their own homes and bring them to work even if it's middle of the night

Other alternatives are:

1. You give your regular Unibet support staff in the livechat little bit more power to say what's going on and will the tournaments be cancelled or continued

2. You add "timer" to that tournament cancellation policy which gives specific number if server is out 59 minutes for example the tournaments will be continued but if they are out 61 minutes the tournament won't be continued. This will clear things up.

Don't sleep with my phone and neither should anyone else, unless they're dedicated incident management/service desk/it's their job 🙂 
Support staff can't pass on details they don't have, and they can only get the details if someone is online to share them. Support staff is not made up of developers/they can't identify root causes for complex issues on their own.

Only valid point here is an automated cancelation/time limit, but that's not really an option either. There will be corner cases where this wouldn't be the right call: final table of the Supermoon, Supernova, UOS main etc.
There's probably a way to deal with this by having more complex rules - exceptions to a set limit of xx minutes. Not something I've time to think about now but will pick it up later when the storm is over 🙂 

• Like 1

For latest update/current status, click the announcement at the top of the page. Can also be accessed here https://www.unibetcommunity.com/announcement/15-poker-server-issues/

4 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Don't sleep with my phone and neither should anyone else, unless they're dedicated incident management/service desk/it's their job 🙂 
Support staff can't pass on details they don't have, and they can only get the details if someone is online to share them. Support staff is not made up of developers/they can't identify root causes for complex issues on their own.

Only valid point here is an automated cancelation/time limit, but that's not really an option either. There will be corner cases where this wouldn't be the right call: final table of the Supermoon, Supernova, UOS main etc.
There's probably a way to deal with this by having more complex rules - exceptions to a set limit of xx minutes. Not something I've time to think about now but will pick it up later when the storm is over 🙂 

Will see if the in-client pause message can be updated. Haven't thought about the rules in detail yet, but we could say all tournaments with less than 100 players will be canceled if play doesn't resume within 10 minutes. For tournaments with more than 100 players, the limit would be 30 minutes. Or something along those lines.