Winnings Withheld

cne1985
Go to solution Solved by Jami-Unibet,

Hi, 

I am putting this on the community as it appears to be a common issue and support were useless. I signed up in good faith, wasn't asked for any verification documents. Performed the required wagering and tried to withdraw the winnings. Now my money is on hold with no emails or anything. 

Can someone from unibet get this sorted, because to me it feels like I was brought in under false pretences and then scammed out of the winnings which are not insignificant! 

Screenshot 2022-09-05 at 19.15.21.png

Screenshot 2022-09-05 at 19.15.44.png

Hello @cne1985 and @Craigmcgonnell1, and welcome to the Community!

I’m sure the problems get sorted out, if everything is otherwise in check. I cannot comment on anything specific, but sometimes these things take time and there are some issues “somewhere in the chain”. Thanks for reaching out!

I’ll tag @Jami-Unibet from the UB staff (which I’ve done quite a lot recently 😅) who is moderating here. He will surely be able to say more and help you guys out, when he’s back on duty.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

I have a similar situation. I signed up for an account which I then wanted to deposit funds into but ended up being told to verify and getting the screen nothing pending enjoy our site. I tried in vain to contact support via live chat and eventually emailed them although it wasn’t as simple as that. Anyway I got a swift response and was told that the blockage had been cleared. I then logged in deposited funds and began to play.  After a relatively short time I was logged out and blocked from playing any games because they wanted me to verify my account. I sent the relevant documents a few days ago now and I’m still waiting.

There seems to be a system issue or something like that which I highlighted in my email so I guess patience is required on our part and possibly a review on theirs.

14 hours ago, cne1985 said:

Hi, 

I am putting this on the community as it appears to be a common issue and support were useless. I signed up in good faith, wasn't asked for any verification documents. Performed the required wagering and tried to withdraw the winnings. Now my money is on hold with no emails or anything. 

Can someone from unibet get this sorted, because to me it feels like I was brought in under false pretences and then scammed out of the winnings which are not insignificant! 

Screenshot 2022-09-05 at 19.15.21.png

Screenshot 2022-09-05 at 19.15.44.png

Your account is currently pending review by a team that got a bit of backlog. It's possible no documents will be needed and withdrawal simply approved. You'll be informed by email once it's been handled.

13 hours ago, Craigmcgonnell1 said:

I have the exact same problem 

You do not have the same problem. You tried to withdraw to an account in a different name. Due to this, documents have been requested. You can contact customer support on the chat, if you want further details.

9 hours ago, sahm87544 said:

I have the exact same problem as both these guys, I dont know what the hold up is but it's very un professional on UB's part. Very off putting for a new customer like myself.

Your account review has been done a while ago and documents should have been requested. You can contact customer support on the chat, if you want further details.

58 minutes ago, mrb said:

Hi Guys,

I have a similar situation. I signed up for an account which I then wanted to deposit funds into but ended up being told to verify and getting the screen nothing pending enjoy our site. I tried in vain to contact support via live chat and eventually emailed them although it wasn’t as simple as that. Anyway I got a swift response and was told that the blockage had been cleared. I then logged in deposited funds and began to play.  After a relatively short time I was logged out and blocked from playing any games because they wanted me to verify my account. I sent the relevant documents a few days ago now and I’m still waiting.

There seems to be a system issue or something like that which I highlighted in my email so I guess patience is required on our part and possibly a review on theirs.

Your account was locked about 24 hours ago and documents received around the same time from what I can see. Can't see the details nor do much here, but if you've sent the requested, it'll should be reviewed within a few days.

• Like 2

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

Hi Stubbe-Unibet,

You’ve side stepped the point I was making in relation to the confusion the system is causing to more than one customer. Instead you choose to address the time delay which is clearly not the issue as I made when stated the need for patience. There seems to be a lack of consistency when it comes to verification and the requirement to provide documentation and a consistency in confused customers. Why is that and do you feel it merits further investigation?

45 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Your account is currently pending review by a team that got a bit of backlog. It's possible no documents will be needed and withdrawal simply approved. You'll be informed by email once it's been handled.

You do not have the same problem. You tried to withdraw to an account in a different name. Due to this, documents have been requested. You can contact customer support on the chat, if you want further details.

Your account review has been done a while ago and documents should have been requested. You can contact customer support on the chat, if you want further details.

Your account was locked about 24 hours ago and documents received around the same time from what I can see. Can't see the details nor do much here, but if you've sent the requested, it'll should be reviewed within a few days.

22 minutes ago, mrb said:

Hi Stubbe-Unibet,

You’ve side stepped the point I was making in relation to the confusion the system is causing to more than one customer. Instead you choose to address the time delay which is clearly not the issue as I made when stated the need for patience. There seems to be a lack of consistency when it comes to verification and the requirement to provide documentation and a consistency in confused customers. Why is that and do you feel it merits further investigation?

I simply wanted to correct the "waiting for a few days" part 🙂

Lack of consistency. None of the cases here are really similar and thus they're handled in different ways by different teams. The communicated timeframes etc. will be different and I don't see this as an issue on its own, as long as the communication is clear.

As mentioned above, there's unfortunately a bit of backlog for one team at the moment. It should of course be possible to reach the live chat. The time from account to block to document request being visible should be shorter (previously mentioned backlog) - this only applies to 1-2 of the comments here. Your particular case looks quite special, as the two blocks have nothing to do with each other, and it'll rarely happen.

Thanks for your reply Stubbe-Unibet. You say my case is special let me tell you I don’t feel very special right about now. I’ve been reading some of the comments on these pages and I’m afraid they suggest there is a problem with verification. Now I know people have differing circumstances but some of the time frames are quite frankly ridiculous. They are literally begging for help and willing to provide whatever you require. They also rebuke some of the reasons cited for their dilemma which I consider inappropriate for Unibet staff to post in a reply on a public forum. I ask this…If there isn’t really an issue here why are there so many issues? 

11 minutes ago, mrb said:

Thanks for your reply Stubbe-Unibet. You say my case is special let me tell you I don’t feel very special right about now. I’ve been reading some of the comments on these pages and I’m afraid they suggest there is a problem with verification. Now I know people have differing circumstances but some of the time frames are quite frankly ridiculous. They are literally begging for help and willing to provide whatever you require. They also rebuke some of the reasons cited for their dilemma which I consider inappropriate for Unibet staff to post in a reply on a public forum. I ask this…If there isn’t really an issue here why are there so many issues? 

If you've read other threads, you've probably come across ones where I mentioned that one or two markets have struggled a bit with the headcount, which has had an impact on document approval times, and as mentioned above, there's a similar issue with a team doing account reviews right now. So I'll never claim everything is perfect: these delays shouldn't happen.

That being said, you obviously don't get the full picture reading threads on here. Would you come on here and write if everything went smooth and documents were approved in a few hours? - no, of course not. We have millions of customers and thousands and thousands of documents are approved every day. Majority of verification cases take less than 24 hours. In general, there is no issue with document approval times. Issues with deadlines do happen from time to time, even if they shouldn't. 

As for it being inappropriate to mention that someone withdrew to an account not in their name, deposited with a card not in their name etc., I don't agree. In most cases, people conveniently leave out the part where they are in violation of the rules, and this is an important aspect, as it has significant impact on priority of case and approval time. It's an "anonymous" platform and we don't shame people by name 🙂 

• Like 2

Thanks again for your comprehensive and informative reply Stubbe-Unibet. I’m very happy with your response which no only helps me understand the situation and problems that we encounter and how and why things are done. Your responses will also help many others who have similar questions.

Thank you for time and professional knowledge regarding this issue…

• Like 1