I don't do Blogs!

AbvUrPlayGrd

3 hours ago, CuteRaven said:

What a beautiful number 🤩. You have to make it deep into the final table on average during the sample to make an ROI like that, don't you?

Lovely isn't it 🙂 (mind you, I only started with £50)

Won a handful so far, a few 2nds and 3rd's. A couple of those were around €150 mark which helps a lot at the stakes I'm playing. But It's hard to know with any accuracy without tracking software and I don't have the will to write these things down at the moment. I have great respect for those of you who do.

I would say that some of the adjustments I've made, mean that I reach the money less often, but when I do, it's tends to be a deep run. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AbvUrPlayGrd said:

Lovely isn't it 🙂 (mind you, I only started with £50)

I think you're using ROI differently than it's usually used in poker. I'm guessing you're comparing your profits so far to your initial deposit, whereas mostly in poker it's used to compare the total of cashes to buyins (for example if you've bought in altogether for 100€ worth of tournaments and cashed for 135€ total then the ROI is 35%).

But anyway it's a great run regardless!

10 hours ago, AbvUrPlayGrd said:

I would say that some of the adjustments I've made, mean that I reach the money less often, but when I do, it's tends to be a deep run. 

Sounds like a good adjustment 👌 (although goodbye 30% ITM goals :p)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CuteRaven said:

I think you're using ROI differently than it's usually used in poker.

Well yes, otherwise it might not look as good! Pretty pointless way of doing ROI when I think about it because everyone knows what I started with so it's easy to work out 🤦‍♂️                                                                           As it happens, it was probably quite accurate as I was playing €2<. Not so much now I'm starting to add bigger buy-ins. I'll see if I can get a report at the end of the year and see what it ends up being.

14 hours ago, CuteRaven said:

Sounds like a good adjustment 👌 (although goodbye 30% ITM goals :p)

LOL possibly but i'll try and do both because I like torturing myself 😁 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Been a while, so quick update.... Haven't been putting in much volume at all.

What may surprise those of you who have followed this blog, is that the little time I have been playing, it's mainly been PLO 😆. Yeah, the game I hated.

It all started with the monthly challenge, when I used PLO to complete some of the challenges. I think it's the mood I've been in lately, where I haven't really had the time or the patience to grind tournaments or NLH, and so PLO seemed to fit in nicely. No time commitment and plenty of action to keep my interest.

I got into a bit of a hole with the challenge, mainly due to those damn Hexapro's. PLO is what has actually helped me recover and start heading in the right direction again, all be it, slowly, as I'm not playing much and only at 4PL. It's way too scary for me to even think about moving up, until I am more confident with it. However, considering that I'm basically a PLO beginner, there are some really bad players. I can only assume they are just there simply for a gamble and have money to burn. Which is fair enough.

Current BR €583 (had slipped to€525)

Oh yes and while I remember. This is me when I flop the stone-cold nuts, go to bet,

Happy Lets Go GIF by MLB

and then realise I folded pre-flop !

i fucks with this fuck me GIF

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, AbvUrPlayGrd said:

No time commitment and plenty of action to keep my interest.

Yeah that's how it starts pretty much. After that comes the boredom when watching earlier games and gametypes, and there you go.. you're now ploist 😆 enjoy 

No clue if PLOist is even a term. Person that prefers playing PLO. 😂

Edited by Rushbie
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rushbie said:

Yeah that's how it starts pretty much. After that comes the boredom when watching earlier games and gametypes, and there you go.. you're now ploist 😆 enjoy 

PLOkerPlayer 🥸

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Rushbie said:

It is now 🙂 

6 hours ago, FreedoM said:

PLOkerPlayer 🥸

LOL  Excellent! I'm using that. So now when someone asks me what I'm playing, I'm playing Ploker because I'm a Ploist.

The next person I speak to after a conversation like that, will be a psychiatric nurse i'm sure 😆

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I was quite enjoying playing here and particularly enjoying the interaction with members of the community.

Unfortunately, for reasons undisclosed to me and without explanation, other than "it was a business decision", my account has been closed.

I can't think of any legitimate reason. I'm not abusive or disruptive and I'm not an addicted gambler. In total since joining, I was just short of £400 net profit, on my road to £10k challenge.

The only issue I had was the time it was taking to verify my account. I promptly supplied everything I was asked for and still after months, no verification. All of my details are correct and up-to-date.  Coincidentally, I requested a withdrawal of £400 (mainly to see if there would be an issue before building a large bankroll). I was asked for pictures of my bank card, which I supplied. Next thing I know, I receive my entire bankroll and am locked out of my account (hence the alias).

Anyway, I came back simply to inform anyone who's interested, the reason why I will no longer update or be able to post anything. I'm not the sort of person who just disappears without word and so it was important to me, to explain why.

I wish you all the best in your goals and perhaps we will meet again in another poker room.

AbvUrPlayGrd

P.S. UB You have a unique setup here and I'm sure you will continue to grow the business, but not if you continue to treat people in this manner. At the very least, it would be courteous to inform the person, why you have taken a decision.

• Sad 9

That's a shame 😞. I think Unibet should always at least inform the reason for account termination (if there's not some ongoing crime/cheating investigation).

I guess for some reason Unibet flagged you as a problem gambler (can't think of any other reason)? Especially in that sort of case you would think it would be beneficial to inform the "gambling addict" that they have a "problem".

Hopefully you can get your account back!