Flip to Unibet Live €50

radge1

Think it's a simple question of cost management 😉

Those €10->€50 flips can't have any and we don't really need them to run. The regular qualifiers can easily have cost. Allowing tickets in the flips = bad idea.

But just speculating here. Leo can confirm 🙂 

• Like 2

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

6 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Allowing tickets in the flips = bad idea.

If so then please contact Leo about the Supermoon qualifier tree flips, because they allowing tickets aswell, albeit they are flips too.

Thanks.

13 hours ago, radge1 said:

The 2 > 10 flips always run and tickets can be used so why not allow ticket use wih the 10 > 50? 🤔

Seems anomalous 🤠

It does seem inconsistent to me that tickets are allowed in flips in the UO  €0.40-€2, €2-€10,  but not €10-€50, then there is the €5-€50 allowing cash or tickets. 

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

1 hour ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Think you both missed the main point 🙂 It's about the potential cost or lack thereof. Hint: min/max number of players

So If I'm not wrong you are accepting my cash and giving out ticket in return in the lower rounds, but later you refuse accepting the same ticket due to your costs. Seems legit.

The 2>10 flips run on a 4min/9max basis (one 10 ticket and 4x2 booby prizes if 9 enter, which is the norm) so potentially Unibet could be down at most €2.

The 10>50 flips could be run on a similar basis (or even 5min/9max, so no overlay potential at all). 

I think it would help with ticket management and increase fluidity and the size of the pool going towards the live finals...I don't see any downsides 🤔🤠

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Think you both missed the main point 🙂 It's about the potential cost or lack thereof. Hint: min/max number of players

3 hours ago, radge1 said:

The 2>10 flips run on a 4min/9max basis (one 10 ticket and 4x2 booby prizes if 9 enter, which is the norm) so potentially Unibet could be down at most €2.

The 10>50 flips could be run on a similar basis (or even 5min/9max, so no overlay potential at all). 

I think it would help with ticket management and increase fluidity and the size of the pool going towards the live finals...I don't see any downsides 🤔🤠

I'm sure I'm missing the point and maybe others are too. 

0.4>2   Min/max  8/10.     8 = 0.80 loss, 9 = 0.40 loss 10 == break even.   Tickets or cash acceptable. 

2>10    Min/max  4/9.        4 = €2 loss,   5-6-7-8-9  = break even.                 Tickets or cash. 

10>50  Min/max 5/5.         Break even every time.                                         Cash only.

Apart from there being no rake the downside for UB looks negligible, rarely if ever costing more than a couple of euros, when there is a particular set of flips that cost UB up to €150 per week. It just seems, as usual, a little inconsistent. 🤔

• Like 2

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

2 hours ago, psrquack said:

To be honest increasing the minimum number of players to break even and accepting tickets to flip would be a working solution.

No, it wouldn't change anything in regards to the flip in question. I don't have time to explain the details, you'll just have to trust me on this one 🙂 perhaps Andy can show you the data, but obviously the bigger the buyin, the bigger the challenge, overlay risk and volatility. There's a reason it's 5/5 players and ticket only 🙂

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

35 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

No, it wouldn't change anything in regards to the flip in question. I don't have time to explain the details, you'll just have to trust me on this one 🙂 perhaps Andy can show you the data, but obviously the bigger the buyin, the bigger the challenge, overlay risk and volatility. There's a reason it's 5/5 players and ticket only 🙂

I don't get it either tbh 🙂

If the logic is that, by only allowing cash in those flips, you're ensuring that all €10 tickets are always going into the regular qualifiers and protecting against cost in those higher GTDs, that makes sense.

Thing is, €10 to €50 ticket generation does not cost us anything overall (I looked since Apr 1st), where as €50 to €250 does, so these not running is currently a missed opportunity to generate 3x €50s a night. 

Also, the flips not using tickets means it's not tagged as Unibet Open and they don't show up when filtering either.

If it was up to me, I'd put on one a night and allow tickets so that an extra €50 was being generated every night and just make a little less on the reg qualifiers on the same 10->50 level. There are 6+ 10->50 regular qualifiers each day so you're talking about losing less than one buy-in per qualifier. 

• Like 1

Poker Janitor

4 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

you'll just have to trust me on this one 🙂 

Yes I trust you but that is hardly the sort of answer to set minds at rest.🙄 🤣

4 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

There's a reason it's 5/5 players and ticket only 🙂

But if no reason is given you're expecting us to have blind faith, I lost that a long time ago. 🤣

Thanks for the explanation but I still don't understand the difference between cash and tickets.

3 hours ago, Andy-Unibet said:

If the logic is that, by only allowing cash in those flips, you're ensuring that all €10 tickets are always going into the regular qualifiers and protecting against cost in those higher GTDs, that makes sense.

Thanks for the explanation but I still don't understand the difference between cash and tickets.If I pay cash and win a ticket I'm going to use it in the next level, but if I use a ticket and win what alternative do I have but to exactly the same? 🤔 Are tickets won with cash treated differently to those won with tickets? 

To be fair I'd already gone off the idea of flipping especially when there's no overlay. If each level of flips produces an exactly balanced pay out ie 5 x €10 buy ins generates 1 x €50 ticket then I would have to be luckier than average to profit (I'm not 😢). It's not saving any time either as far as I can see, you might as well jump straight into the €50 tourneys...................................except If I can win better than 1/5 of the €10>€50 where I'm profiting (so far yes 🥳)

To be honest I can't see the point of players entering flips, especially when there is no overlay. Five €0.40 flips should produce 1 x €2 ticket, 5 x €2 flips should produce 1 x €10 ticket and 5 x €10 flips should produce 1 x €50 ticket, all these outcomes being the average expectation. Only if a player is luckier than average would each €50 ticket cost less than €50, with my luck they'd probably cost well over €50 each. 😭  Anyone playing better than winning 1 in 5 ( the average pay out ) is surely better off playing than flipping. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

Thanks for the explanation but I still don't understand the difference between cash and tickets.If I pay cash and win a ticket I'm going to use it in the next level, but if I use a ticket and win what alternative do I have but to exactly the same? 🤔 Are tickets won with cash treated differently to those won with tickets? 

If we know how many €10 tickets we're generating each day/week and we're 100% sure that the only place the tickets can go is the reg qualifiers, setting GTDs is much easier. You can't do that with cash buy-ins.

Poker Janitor

image.thumb.png.469cd743a22347a7e533e74f35ecb2b8.png 

This evening's 3 flips passed by, not with a bang but with a decidedly unimpressive whimper, the first two receiving no registrations and the last a solitary one, hardly popular fare. 

Currently I have 5 x €50 tickets, (tiny,tiny brag) some of them won by flipping other tickets, some of them won by using €10 tickets in qualifying tourneys. I had one other that I broke down to €10 tickets, that was won by paying €4 cash into a tourney. I get that setting guarantees is going to be difficult as the buy ins get larger but I can't understand wether a €50 ticket has been generated by cash or ticket makes a difference, so @radge1 original question still nags inside my little brain. If we can use tickets or cash to flip in €5>€50 that is producing overlay, why can't we flip from €10>€50 with tickets when there is no chance of overlay and the cash option is so unpopular?  

Disclaimer: I don't actually want to do this but am aggravatingly curious. 

Wrecked GIF

Edited by GR1ZZL3R
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2022 at 8:02 PM, radge1 said:

How come UO tickets can't be used for these, only cash?

Is this by design or an oversight 🤔🤠

Hey @radge1 
I understand it could seems odd not to allow there flips be entered with tickets, but the reason behind this was as @Stubbe-Unibet said, cost control on other steps.
I also understand that some players like to flip themselves through all steps to the top, so I decided to make them possible to enter with tickets from now.
So guys , good luck be flipping up over the moon 🙂 

• Like 2