IIHF Ice Hockey WC 2022 Fantasy

Purps

4d0a9696-b982-4440-ac9b-c010bef920d5.png.8d03b0ce8f905db943f00da737e0b3bc.png

This was a fun one last year so let's do it again 🏒😀👍

The fantasy game and the rules seem not to have changed from what they had last year, and again unlike most of the free fantasy games this does have actual money prizes for 3 best overall scorers ( 5000 Swiss francs ( €4800 ) to the winner, 3000 for 2nd and 2000 for 3rd ) so it's well worth a go 🙂

You can join the "Unibet Community" private league from the following link: https://fantasy.iihf.com/leagues/join/59S2J9E9

As always, using a recognizable team name is appreciated 🙏

The first puck will drop at 15:20 CET on the afternoon of 13th of May 

The player lists are not available yet, but you very possibly will not be able to join any private leagues after the tournament has started, so you might as well do it now to avoid forgetting about it. I will post a reminder on Thursday or when the player rosters are up and you can actually start picking your team for the first day matches.

🇺🇦☮️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

image.thumb.png.cc7595a4a419bcbdbecab1fdfa60f25a.png

Allright guys.

The players have now been added to the system and we can start picking our line-ups for the 4 opening day matches 🏒

So far it's not exactly crowded on our private league, as it's just a heads-up between me and the hockey wizard commonly known as @Livertool, but we're hoping to see a few more join the party before the games begin at 15:20 CET tomorrow afternoon 🙂👍

• Like 1

Rigged!!!

image.thumb.png.642ec94f9ae6ad75a732ffe75695d89e.png

Just kidding 😀👍

Looks like players can indeed still join the league after the tournament has already started, which is only reasonable. So yeah, you can still hop in if you are not there already 🙂

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Pionrj said:

@PurpsDo we really need to pick new squad daily? 

Yep. Isn't it great? 🙃

It may seem a bit much at first , but you'll find it not taking much time after all...

And on the player pool you only see the players from the teams that'll be playing on that given day, so that helps making selections a lot.

Edited by Purps

17 minutes ago, Purps said:

Yep. Isn't it great? 🙃

It may seem a bit much at first , but you'll find it not taking much time after all...

And on the player pool you only see the players from the teams that'll be playing on that given day, so that helps making selections a lot.

Yeah, that's not a whole lot of a work but very hard for a guy who hardly remembers his own name 😄 But I'll try.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pionrj said:

Yeah, that's not a whole lot of a work but very hard for a guy who hardly remembers his own name 😄 But I'll try.

😂

Even if you happen to miss the first matches of the day you can always pick the your whole line-up from the later games. So as long as your memory starts working daily by 8 p.m., you're kinda good 🙂

• Like 1

Users can only pick each player a maximum of 3 times over the course of the preliminary round. Once they have selected a player 3 times, this player will become unavailable to be selected until the playoffs.

Scoring seems to be "a bit" stupid. If player scores power play goal he apparently gets 3+4 points (goal+pp goal) and even strength is only 3 points. Or am I missing something? 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, tinkeri said:

If player scores power play goal he apparently gets 3+4 points (goal+pp goal) and even strength is only 3 points. Or am I missing something? 

EDIT: I was wrong

Edited by Purps

3 minutes ago, Purps said:

No that'll just be 4 points. Short-handed is 5 and game winning goal is 4 points. The "regular" 3 points for a goal gets over-ruled on these cases.

That's what I thought but I had Tatar yesterday and he scored pp goal (1+0) and it wasn't a gwg and he got 7points.

4 minutes ago, tinkeri said:

That's what I thought but I had Tatar yesterday and he scored pp goal (1+0) and it wasn't a gwg and he got 7points.

Oh that's true. Was just checking out the Finnish players and  noticed the same.

Well... It is a bit dumb, but that's what we have to adapt to. Better pick players that are on power play line-ups then 🙂

44 minutes ago, Karmasuper said:

Today biggest favourites France and Switzerland, so maybe good strategy today most players from this 2 teams.

Possibly. It's a difficult day, maybe the toughest one to pick players from so far.

I screwed up big time yesterday for not having any Swedes on my team 😩

Could be very close to leading the whole competition with a couple good picks from that match.

9 hours ago, Purps said:

I screwed up big time yesterday for not having any Swedes on my team 😩

And now I have 3 Frenchies and they are getting shut out by Italy. It's all starting to fall apart 😟

image.gif.9b6f0e9f21587563b70a6fc93dc99772.gif

Edited by Purps

15 minutes ago, Karmasuper said:

TINKER  and  PURPS  have chances to win BIG here,today my favourite(captain) Mikko Lehtonen.

Yeah @tinkeri is on fire 🔥

image.thumb.png.df616050a1493d9020a12454bdb9f941.png

Others still have good chances also. Enough days left in this for everything to turn around 👍

We all need this Lev Litvinov guy to slow down though and have no more of these massive 74 point days that he had yesterday 💪😡

Edited by Purps
  • Like 1

Oh no. Something seems to be wrong and I'm not able to pick any players for today. My line-up is showing I think players from day 3, and i can't get anywhere from that screen and the whole player pool is locked.

Others have the same problem?

Really need to get to pick the whole squad from the early matches today 😩

Ahh, all good again.

Figured out at the last minute that I had to manually scroll to the current matchday. It's gone there automatically earlier.

That was scary 😅

Edited by Purps
  • Haha 2