Getting disconnected when my internet is working fine

benjamin_172

Hello, recently a couple of times I've been disconnected from the client a couple of times, and by the time I reconnect my hands are mostly auto folded. This is not because of any internet troubles on my end, my internet is always fine when this happens, so it seems to be on Unibet's end.

I am curious about a couple of things here.

• Are there any server troubles right now/have other people had this problem?
  • What happens if this causes me to lose money? As of yet, this hasn't happened during a large hand (the only somewhat significant hand it has happened on, I was on a draw, so I don't know what would have happened). But I am curious whether I have any recourse if this does happen. If it is a problem with the internet on the user's side, I understand that it's perfectly reasonable that they don't get any compensation, but if it's on the server and not my fault that seems different to me. So, I'd like to know the policy on this.

Hello @benjamin_172. There are no server issues, no. I'm curious as to how you've come to the conclusion that "it's not because of any internet troubles on my end"? Have you done a constant traceroute or ping check while playing and not observed any changes in the ping?

I can see you're playing on Windows so would be great if you could share the log file with me (you can send it by PM if you don't want to share it here). See 

See here for a nice little free tool that makes it easy to identify where the issue is:

And just to confirm: if there is a server issue, we issue compensation 🙂 

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

Hi @Stubbe-UnibetI DM'd you the logfile.

I don't constantly check my ping while I'm playing. But I can use my browser etc fine while I am disconnected from the Poker client. (And nothing is slow.) Next time I can specifically check if my ping has got worse while the client has me disconnected but for sure I am still at least online.

The fact that browser seemingly works okay doesn't say much about the state of the internet connection I'm afraid. It's not too bad with the high ping responses in your log file, but there's an indication you suffer from intermittent packet loss.

I suggest you run the winmtr app while playing and observe whether there's any packet loss while experiencing connection issues in the client.

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions