Poker release notes 3.13 (table chatter tool and new table UI)

Stubbe-Unibet

1 hour ago, P0kerM0nk said:

I'm going with @Tomi22 and say that this update is terrible, looked decent enough before and now it's like someone drunk made a new table layout for no apparent reason, not for 6max cash tables anyway.

First of all the alignment as mentioned, what is that all about, look at the empty space left of my own nickname, very bizarre. Every player having their nick in the middle like before is way more slick than this.

Then the top up button is strange as covers half the area of my nickname 'box' more or less and the right hand side covers the BB/actual money value toggle which is bit annoying and also weird. Also preferred the old way of topping up where you can just click the whole box or on your name rather than a smaller slightly undefined area now.

Then the chat bubble icon looks almost like the Button and might be confusing as well, maybe not the ideal place for a chat icon dunno. Also Button is now on the left and right next to the chips. On mobile the chat icon sits above our nickname box which makes it even more look like a dealer Button. Shouldn't that be sitting within the nickname box maybe? Would make more sense and they left some space for it too 🤣 EDIT, oh yeh I forgot there are avatars lol, still could be a way of merging both the avatar and the chat bubble 😛

Very small minority playing without avatar, and as you figured out, it's because of the avatar 🙂

Hero box could be a bit smaller though and just have avatar outside of box (makes no difference when playing with avatars on). 

Everything else should be explained in OP. We wanted to remove table clutter and move content away from felt. Had lots of discussions around the text alignment.

Chat button design we can look into, if people don't get used to it in a few days 🙂

The two new behaviors you address are industry standards and personally think it's quite intuitive 🙂 

• Like 2

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

3 hours ago, OmahGAWD said:

⚠️⚠️I had several blocked products on unibet. including sports and bingo. These products are now all showing as available⚠️⚠️

there's a chance i have made mistake and they have expired but i think that is very unlikely, i think these products were blocked until next year. Please look into ASAP

Nothing to do with poker release. Don't have access to view the block history. Checked a few test accounts with product blocks and everything looks fine.

11 hours ago, P0kerM0nk said:

I'm going with @Tomi22 and say that this update is terrible, looked decent enough before and now it's like someone drunk made a new table layout for no apparent reason, not for 6max cash tables anyway.

First of all the alignment as mentioned, what is that all about, look at the empty space left of my own nickname, very bizarre. Every player having their nick in the middle like before is way more slick than this.

Then the top up button is strange as covers half the area of my nickname 'box' more or less and the right hand side covers the BB/actual money value toggle which is bit annoying and also weird. Also preferred the old way of topping up where you can just click the whole box or on your name rather than a smaller slightly undefined area now.

Then the chat bubble icon looks almost like the Button and might be confusing as well, maybe not the ideal place for a chat icon dunno. Also Button is now on the left and right next to the chips. On mobile the chat icon sits above our nickname box which makes it even more look like a dealer Button. Shouldn't that be sitting within the nickname box maybe? Would make more sense and they left some space for it too 🤣 EDIT, oh yeh I forgot there are avatars lol, still could be a way of merging both the avatar and the chat bubble 😛

clutter.png.81f6bfe2f75bf22a4dd94ec8390587e5.png

Also weird is how the nickname box expands to add the action info, raise/fold etc and then goes back to previous size after, daft.

881.png.ae20b4c3bfc2eacf3f526eca23675504.png Normal size

882.png.5016a475c850f0164a56caa012d51720.png  Expanded size

883.png.75cb17fe1052d5247eee59631e1daaa8.png Old style, pretty neat imo.

Apart from the chat icon, I'm not sure what the reason is for all these changes tbh.

So yeh, my verdict:  verdict.png.24721fb9db43d12fb52ef98e8d2d7c67.png 😂

+1

could't tell it better myself!!

• Like 1

Please keep the detailed feedback coming. We'll be reviewing it all in a week or two and discuss potential changes 🙂

Would prefer if everyone give it at least a couple of days though, as change is always difficult and the initial thoughts are less valuable to us.

• Like 3

I agree that some changes might be ok after you get used to it so I’ll see again how it is after a few days.

Always baffles me how many people play with avatars on, such a clutter 😆

BB/currency toggle, so there is an option to have BB on or off at cash tables, maybe change this to toggle on/off? That way once it’s set it’s set for those who like to keep it same all the time. 

Edited by P0kerM0nk
  • Like 1

Been playing for a couple of hours in the browser player (Edge):

- I don't see a preview of the chatter box animations. They appear when clicked on, but I can't see them in the overview.

- I find it a bit confusing/disturbing that the time bank runs in different direction for the 3 players to my right (6-max). Their time bank moves from right to left, while the others move from left to right (like before, which seems the most obvious).

M_M

6 minutes ago, MetalMickey said:

Been playing for a couple of hours in the browser player (Edge):

- I don't see a preview of the chatter box animations. They appear when clicked on, but I can't see them in the overview.

- I find it a bit confusing/disturbing that the time bank runs in different direction for the 3 players to my right (6-max). Their time bank moves from right to left, while the others move from left to right (like before, which seems the most obvious).

M_M

Edge isn't officially supported. Suggest to use Chrome if you play in browser 🙂

28 minutes ago, Samba said:

2 biggest issues for me:

Rathole mitigation doesn't work - you can just come back with a different alias to bypass it

Think you've misunderstood the rathole mitigation rules. The alias doesn't matter. 

Either that or there's an unknown bug. Tried to test it quickly and worked fine for me

28 minutes ago, Samba said:

Everytime I try to rebuy or topup I change from BBs to currency because the buttons overlap

8 minutes ago, P0kerM0nk said:

I agree that some changes might be ok after you get used to it so I’ll see again how it is after a few days.

Always baffles me how many people play with avatars on, such a clutter 😆

BB/currency toggle, so there is an option to have BB on or off at cash tables, maybe change this to toggle on/off? That way once it’s set it’s set for those who like to keep it same all the time. 

There's a setting to turn off the play in BB in cash games. 

One option could be to have the full hero player box be topup on cash, if BB is disabled in settings.

• Like 2

I tried to continue playing a session and it is legit unplayable with the current layout. @P0kerM0nkThat doesn't affect anything on the tables anymore.
This is purely an aesthetic patch taking priority over function, one of the cardinal sins of UX. I am going to have to move my volume off of Unibet because constantly misclicking is tilting and I can't have that shit affecting my thought process and stress levels when I am multi tabling

I know there is a BB setting but now you are saying we can have the top up button spread over the whole box if we don’t play in BB’s, but I want to keep BB’s displayed lol. Sure you can add another function, maybe not for next week but eventually 😃

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, P0kerM0nk said:

I know there is a BB setting but now you are saying we can have the top up button spread over the whole box if we don’t play in BB’s, but I want to keep BB’s displayed lol. Sure you can add another function, maybe not for next week but eventually 😃

Just an alternative to the previously mentioned change of removing the BB switch from the tables (for cash) 🙂 We're discussing both option

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, HardGain said:

I'm playing almost only cash games and the only problem I have enountered until now is that I keep missclicking when I want to top up

This is priority number one at the moment. We haven't made a decision yet, but think we'll find a good solution 🙂

Prio two is to make sure the chat button can't be confused with dealer button.

Would also like the hero box when avatars disabled to be looked at (making it smaller) and perhaps we can look at some improvements to positioning of bottom two players on 6 handed (this last one is a slightly bigger one to do, so not sure when or if it can happen).

• Like 1

On 11/15/2021 at 11:11 AM, Stubbe-Unibet said:

We'll be testing this after the release tomorrow. Thanks for the report!

Hi @Stubbe-Unibet! I just had the time to check the new release with my iPad Safari browser. The playing view looks like this:

F069FFC5-B711-439A-842A-B1CB87829238.thumb.jpeg.8a6a3a738747bad094ae09b59a7238e9.jpeg

So there is no improvement in terms of the visibility of the buttons/controls below the screen 🤔🥺. “What say you?”

Are there others who play poker using iPad and Safari browser? Are any of you experiencing anything similar?

Thanks again!

Just now, GotKot99 said:

Hi @Stubbe-Unibet! I just had the time to check the new release with my iPad Safari browser. The playing view looks like this:

F069FFC5-B711-439A-842A-B1CB87829238.thumb.jpeg.8a6a3a738747bad094ae09b59a7238e9.jpeg

So there is no improvement in terms of the visibility of the buttons/controls below the screen 🤔🥺. “What say you?”

Are there others who play poker using iPad and Safari browser? Are any of you experiencing anything similar?

Thanks again!

This is expected. We haven't had time to look into this. Can you confirm which iPad you've got and if the issue is the same on Chrome?

16 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

This is expected. We haven't had time to look into this. Can you confirm which iPad you've got and if the issue is the same on Chrome?

Ok, thanks @Stubbe-Unibet.

I have IPad Pro 10.5 inch Model A1709 (I’m not sure about the gen) and running latest iOS 15.1. Just tested with Chrome and everything looks as I suppose it should look:

5B8E3022-5997-4019-8FB0-E06437E0CD63.thumb.png.2834281f9babcf4a7da5579adef5cd8d.png

Maybe this is a Safari-related issue since Chrome view is fine? (Would be great though if Safari would work also as I’m used to it 👍)

• Like 1

6 tabled for an hour and can confirm I still have eye cancer 😝 managed to play with the avatars on for once, can't remember if they made em smaller but looked better. 

Top up button still the biggest issue, problem is that you click the top up icon / area and then have to move to the right to click the top up amount which makes the top up action lengthier than it should be, it is a bit like the first time the top up button was introduced I think.

Still not a fan of the alignment, just doesn't look great and imo it doesn't make the table look bigger / less crowded if that was the intension.

Never had an issue with the chat icon and used it a few times, think its great to interact with some recs. My favourite one is the clapping one. I kinda miss the *die of cancer* chat from back in the days 🤣 but an emoticon that could be interpreted as a sarcastic clap will do fine 😂 People will always troll anyway so the 5x limit is good. But not convinced with the placing on the table, think it would be better integrated into the hero box somehow. Don't see why you couldn't place it in the left bottom corner and if people use an avatar they have to click their avatar for it? Or is this hidden too much so they won't find out?

Hero boxes look awful cramped for some reason too, spacing with the action alert on the top or something, so still prefer the old style with the action on the bottom. Now it's on top it somehow hampers the readability of the names or something, hard to pinpoint.

Played for 2 nights since the update (>8h and >2k hands total), some thoughts:

1) As far as I can tell the glitch in the history replayer where the button is in the wrong place has been fixed. Many thanks, this is a massive improvement.

2) Chat is cool, recs will especially appreciate it. Good for messing around and having silly banter. I agree that chat where people just type anything they like generally leads to ridiculous abuse, I have been called every term of abuse in the English language (and some other languages) on other sites. With the Unibet option you do lose the ability to have genuine polite chat but its fair enough given the abuse (we can always chat on the forums). Fun stuff to make the games enjoyable for casual players is great and something Unibet does better than a lot of other sites.

3) IDK how anyone can strongly dislike the chat option, if you dont like it you can just disable it in one click. This is like really hating one of the table backgrounds when there are 20 to choose from. Some people just love to hate.

4) Whenever I try and rebuy I click the wrong button and change from BB to Euros. This is a massive pain in the ass because my muscle memory has me clicking the wrong spot. People will want to rebuy infinitely more often than they want to switch between bb and Euro values. I will top up way too many times a year and I will likely just view everything in BB the entire year. The widget for changing from bb/Euro can just be in the settings menu, not something that changes when you click your stack.  Also this again highlights that auto top up would be an idea...  I think someone else already raised this but i will say it again anyway cos it stands out to me.

5) Level 6 of the Gamelab Hall of Fame is fixed, good job!

6) I am going to ask a stupid question: At the end of completing a bi-weekly personalised bonus, will the bonus go from  showing '1 day left', to suddenly expiring at midnight UK time if I am in the UK? Or will I see it being at '0 days left' on the last day, and expiring at midnight UK time? I feel like a moron asking this but I will feel like an even bigger moron if I bust my ass for 2 weeks and then think I have 1 day left to complete it and then it expires when i have done 99%. Asking because I think it will be a big effort to complete my bonus and I might be playing a lot on the last day or two to reach it.

7) I agree with p0kerm0nk that the graphics were marginally cleaner pre update but its not a huge deal.

8 ) If you go into the gamelab hall of fame level 2, the biggest pots shown are often some guy with a massive stack jamming pre and everyone folding. Check the biggest pots in BB atm, its just some guy 3b jamming preflop and the raiser folding. Probably not what unibet intended.

9) I dont see it as an option yet but the nordic cup table background is absolutely stunning, LOVE it. Looking forward to using that when it becomes available. More styles like that would be fantastic.

TLDR: Overall like the chat, like the bug fixes, would sort out the rebuy thing ASAP cos its annoying.

I hope this helps.

GL at the tables everyone.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Wizard said:

Played for 2 nights since the update (>8h and >2k hands total), some thoughts:

1) As far as I can tell the glitch in the history replayer where the button is in the wrong place has been fixed. Many thanks, this is a massive improvement.

2) Chat is cool, recs will especially appreciate it. Good for messing around and having silly banter. I agree that chat where people just type anything they like generally leads to ridiculous abuse, I have been called every term of abuse in the English language (and some other languages) on other sites. With the Unibet option you do lose the ability to have genuine polite chat but its fair enough given the abuse (we can always chat on the forums). Fun stuff to make the games enjoyable for casual players is great and something Unibet does better than a lot of other sites.

3) IDK how anyone can strongly dislike the chat option, if you dont like it you can just disable it in one click. This is like really hating one of the table backgrounds when there are 20 to choose from. Some people just love to hate.

4) Whenever I try and rebuy I click the wrong button and change from BB to Euros. This is a massive pain in the ass because my muscle memory has me clicking the wrong spot. People will want to rebuy infinitely more often than they want to switch between bb and Euro values. I will top up way too many times a year and I will likely just view everything in BB the entire year. The widget for changing from bb/Euro can just be in the settings menu, not something that changes when you click your stack.  Also this again highlights that auto top up would be an idea...  I think someone else already raised this but i will say it again anyway cos it stands out to me.

5) Level 6 of the Gamelab Hall of Fame is fixed, good job!

6) I am going to ask a stupid question: At the end of completing a bi-weekly personalised bonus, will the bonus go from  showing '1 day left', to suddenly expiring at midnight UK time if I am in the UK? Or will I see it being at '0 days left' on the last day, and expiring at midnight UK time? I feel like a moron asking this but I will feel like an even bigger moron if I bust my ass for 2 weeks and then think I have 1 day left to complete it and then it expires when i have done 99%. Asking because I think it will be a big effort to complete my bonus and I might be playing a lot on the last day or two to reach it.

7) I agree with p0kerm0nk that the graphics were marginally cleaner pre update but its not a huge deal.

8 ) If you go into the gamelab hall of fame level 2, the biggest pots shown are often some guy with a massive stack jamming pre and everyone folding. Check the biggest pots in BB atm, its just some guy 3b jamming preflop and the raiser folding. Probably not what unibet intended.

9) I dont see it as an option yet but the nordic cup table background is absolutely stunning, LOVE it. Looking forward to using that when it becomes available. More styles like that would be fantastic.

TLDR: Overall like the chat, like the bug fixes, would sort out the rebuy thing ASAP cos its annoying.

I hope this helps.

GL at the tables everyone.

@Wizard Thanks for the detailed feedback!

1) & 2) That's good to hear!

3) Most chat feedback has been related to the chat button and how it looks to much like the dealer button. We're working on this.

4) Working on this as well. Priority number 1, in regards to the new table UI

5) Glad to hear it

6) This will be fixed in next release (see below). Believe it goes from 1 day to expired. You can contact support or Andy and myself, if you want to know the exact expiry date and time
If bonus expiry date > 30 days = show date (not year) "Exp. Nov 17" - as it is now
If bonus expiry date < 30 days = show "Exp. < X days"
If bonus expiry date < 48 hours = show "Exp. < X hours"

7) Let's give it a couple more days 😉

8 ) Agree it's a bit unfortunate but not a huge issue either. Thanks for the report!

9) We'll likely add several new backgrounds in the next release, where the focus is on the table felt, like the Nordic Cup background. Nordics Cup we'll likely add to the list of backgrounds you can select in settings (just without the nordic cup text). Made some examples in paint in 5 minutes 😅

galaxy.thumb.png.e44034cce9d05c6045533face5a88a29.pngMilky_way.thumb.png.59ad26248cbb66123ba2bdcb88255cfa.pngwood.thumb.png.b7850f039ca99a5d3e97183c937b4d1e.pngSteel.thumb.png.725fdda7693d02da363809764d4c30dd.pngwater.thumb.png.4bf50e8c51c76ec21b1372e64c7212f5.pngSanta.thumb.png.80e0442e15988ad145751f728be70ea8.pngbrick.thumb.png.f63fb11a241b4e497d1aa014e9bdbd5d.pngsea.thumb.png.b0bf657bf122954313e8b6f16c24a021.png

• Like 8