What Happens with Freerolls

czapa

8 hours ago, startelver said:

Why did you stop working with affiliates?  Cardschat did promote Unibet through the freerolls and I have recommended new players to your site.  

We are still working with affiliates but we're just reducing the frequency we use freerolls as a mechanic to help them.

Poker Janitor

13 hours ago, Andy-Unibet said:

The point of any affiliate freeroll is to help them get new players to signup, not to reward existing players that did not sign up through that affiliate. I've not found an affiliate freeroll yet where they do what they are supposed to do and in all cases so far they do the complete opposite. We'll be working with affiliates to provide better mechanics and promotions for them but freerolls are highly unlikely to be part of it.

The issuing of passwords for freerolls that don't exist is unfortunate and I don't know where communication broke down so I can only apologise on behalf of the teams involved that the changes were not communicated sooner.

I think that if those external freerolls had rewards in tournament money or cash, you certainly had new members to win, I say from what I saw in the past, when there were cash rewards, and of course there were more players.

But Unibet is the safe site where the rewards are its own tournament tickets, while the others have cash rewards, and then of course members look for those sites.

Edited by SCOBY

I criticize what I don't like"!!!

12 hours ago, Andy-Unibet said:

The types of rewards have not really changed other than some going from UO to Supermoon so I don't understand your issue with the payout changes and why you were eager to play the old open freerolls but not these bigger loyalty ones

Ain't too passionate about open freerolls, if i see something worth while for me to play then i"ll play otherwise not but with these requirement frolls it is quite bummer that they too are mainly for satellite prices. Sats just ain't my thing, would rather have generic tickets instead. 

What comes overall for these sat prices, as looking from sideline, i think unibet poker needs more new players/money rather than small(ish) group playing cent satellites. Sure you get few players more to supermoon but that is all benefit i see. 

And what it comes to supermoon itself, have you ever thought of turning it to very affordable for everyone to join with money or creating another similar tourny along with supermoon? Something with similar quarantee but buy in at range of 20-25€? (Don't have to be exactly those numbers, you have the database to know better, point is very cheap buy in and push the pricepool) Sure there is risk of big overlay but i think you can afford it when unibet weekly promos of tens if not hundreds of thousands. 

Just wire your social media teams and affiliates to spam hell out of it and see how many players you can get. If it will be just 500, players, ok we tried and lesson learned. On other hand, in best case scenario 1000-2000 players will come to hunt the expected overlay and if some of them stays, even better.

12 hours ago, Andy-Unibet said:

I've not found an affiliate freeroll yet where they do what they are supposed to do and in all cases so far they do the complete opposite

Totally agree. Fe in cardchat you even had to be somekind of vip in order to participate and same aliases/number of players every week at tables.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Ain't too passionate about open freerolls, if i see something worth while for me to play then i"ll play otherwise not but with these requirement frolls it is quite bummer that they too are mainly for satellite prices. Sats just ain't my thing, would rather have generic tickets instead. 

What comes overall for these sat prices, as looking from sideline, i think unibet poker needs more new players/money rather than small(ish) group playing cent satellites. Sure you get few players more to supermoon but that is all benefit i see. 

And what it comes to supermoon itself, have you ever thought of turning it to very affordable for everyone to join with money or creating another similar tourny along with supermoon? Something with similar quarantee but buy in at range of 20-25€? (Don't have to be exactly those numbers, you have the database to know better, point is very cheap buy in and push the pricepool) Sure there is risk of big overlay but i think you can afford it when unibet weekly promos of tens if not hundreds of thousands. 

Just wire your social media teams and affiliates to spam hell out of it and see how many players you can get. If it will be just 500, players, ok we tried and lesson learned. On other hand, in best case scenario 1000-2000 players will come to hunt the expected overlay and if some of them stays, even better.

Totally agree. Fe in cardchat you even had to be somekind of vip in order to participate and same aliases/number of players every week at tables.

I personally like the idea of a "Supermoon Lightning", similar to the Supernova Lightning we've got. One for @Leo-Unibet to consider 🙂

• Like 2

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

Why not do a test with cash rewards or cash tournaments ? To see if you win members, at least as I see it, supermoon far exceeds UO, it would be interesting what it would look like with cash rewards at free tournaments and of course monitored if the number of members will increase.

IMG_20210922_114331.jpg

I criticize what I don't like"!!!

8 minutes ago, SCOBY said:

Why not do a test with cash rewards or cash tournaments ? To see if you win members, at least as I see it, supermoon far exceeds UO, it would be interesting what it would look like with cash rewards at free tournaments and of course monitored if the number of members will increase.

Because it's not sensible from a company perspective. I think Andy has already explained it quite well.

We don't benefit from having an extra 400 players in these tournament, when it's almost exclusively guys that play freerolls and never deposit. A lower number of players is almost better, as it's generally more valuable players (or the average value is at least higher). 

Also, there's obviously a reason we're paying out Supermoon tickets. The €40,000 monthly GTD is really going to the limit, so all extra money in the sat tree is a good thing (we have had overlay in the last three Supermoon tournaments).

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Also, there's obviously a reason we're paying out Supermoon tickets. The €40,000 monthly GTD is really going to the limit, so all extra money in the sat tree is a good thing (we have had overlay in the last three Supermoon tournaments).

I'm a really confused how a company will see money from sats what don't pay any rake (you can flip your way to €50 Supermoon qualifier not paying any single cent of rake), but you know better how it works. As I see the UO satty traffic is decreasing since the introducing of the new freeroll system so hopefully Supermoon satties will interest more people than the loss is.

Edited by psrquack
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, psrquack said:

I'm a really confused how a company will see money from sats what don't pay any rake (you can flip your way to €50 Supermoon qualifier not paying any single cent of rake), but you know better how it works. As I see the UO satty traffic is decreasing since the introducing of the new freeroll system so hopefully Supermoon satties will interest more people than the loss is.

It's about the target tournament, in case that wasn't clear. We don't need to collect rake from the free tickets issued, in order for it to have a positive impact - an increase in liquidity within the sat tree is a good thing regardless 🙂

UO is running with a bit too high cost at the moment, so some changes coming there as well, after UOS is over. Long-term I'm very optimistic with UO sats, we just need it to become live events again 

• Like 3