Closure of Poker for German Market - 21st September 2021

Andy-Relax

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, we will be unable to offer poker for German players from the 21th of September 2021 from 04:00 CEST. German players will not be able to register for Unibet Open qualifiers with immediate effect and we recommend unregistering any other tournaments that are due to start after the 21th of September 2021 at 04:00 CEST.

Tournament tickets, bonus points and playthrough bonuses will be converted within 48 hours after the 21th of September 2021 as follows:

• Tournament tickets (HexaPro/MTT): Any active tickets will be converted to cash. If you have Unibet Open tickets that will expire before the 20th please post in the thread and we will extend them so they will be included in the conversion;
  • Bonus Points: Any remaining bonus points will be converted to cash at a rate of 1c for every 1 bonus point.
  • Playthrough Bonuses - Playthrough bonuses (excluding first deposit bonuses) will be converted to cash.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 6

Poker Janitor

:classic_sad:

5.5 years playing here...

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

On 9/15/2021 at 7:58 PM, WuDu said:

:classic_sad:

5.5 years playing here...

So, so fookin unfair. How its someone else business what we all are doin with our money [or get the useless sticker for that matter 🤪] ??? And i thought that someday we will add US players to Unibet playerpool 😆 Its feel like few years from now to play poker or bet sports you will need to be citizen of Malta/Gibraltar...

Lets hope this is only temporary until Merkel disappears or something 👍

• Sad 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

4 hours ago, jerry said:

So, so fookin unfair. How its someone else business what we all are doin with our money [or get the useless sticker for that matter 🤪] ??? And i thought that someday we will add US players to Unibet playerpool 😆 Its feel like few years from now to play poker or bet sports you will need to be citizen of Malta/Gibraltar...

Lets hope this is only temporary until Merkel disappears or something 👍

It'll get worse before it gets better here, unfortunately.

4 hours ago, Merenitsu said:

I sympathize with you guys. I understand you perfectly. Hope you have alternatives?

Alternatives? Yes! But not as good as Unibet. 😥

• Sad 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

2 minutes ago, Merenitsu said:

@WuDu You have at least some choice left. I don't have it. 

If you're used to eat this:

Peking_Duck%2C_2014_%2802%29.jpg

But are now given the choice to eat this:

zmgWpBdiuM3Vw8G-I2ZOwEtz2jRz6zXNx3Vs5e47iv000ciw0xqClDPGgfEBqz65SMwxIhBjdyTQtBoStWWUXQ__rKFCRmr4l5FsimU=s2500

What choice do you really have?

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 3:25 PM, psrquack said:

I hope this will be solved like the case before.

spacer.png

Background:https://www.dw.com/en/to-wear-or-not-to-wear/a-2140996

@psrquack The situation is similar in football in Russia. A private team has appeared in the D2 league, sponsored by a bookmaker and giving the club 50 million Russian rubles for the season. But they were also forbidden to write the name of the company on their T-shirts due to the fact that the partner of the league is another bookmaker company, which spends 150 thousand a year for the entire league. After all the disputes and proceedings, the team found such a way out. Instead of the logo with the name of the bookmaker, they placed the same logo with the name of the team. It turned out even better than it was, because many have a negative opinion about bookmakers, the name of the team carries a positive color.

• Haha 1

well unibet takes it really seriously when it comes to regulated markets whats tecnically good but limits the size of the playerpool significantly. thats also the reason why unibet withdrew from plenty of markets. basically 85% of the world unfortunatly^^ i have an image what visualize that perfectly. the red countries are not allowed to create an unibet account or not allowed to play poker and some like IT,FR,PT are just ring fenced markets so also not for the international pool even if unibet operates there and offers poker. so you can see the air at the unibet pool is getting thinner and thinner. now with the germans another big nation with alot of players is leaving. i really hope that the pool in general will not suffer too much when there are less and less nations which can play. i am hoping that in the future some of these nations can come back to the playerpool. otherwise unibet will be sooner or later a site for UK citizens only 😆

Unibet restricted countries map.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...