LAST MAN STANDING - €199 to be won (poker tickets, freebets)!

WOB (Wolfsburg)

Life is not about how you survive the storm, but about how you dance in the rain.
What a release when I realized that the voice in my head is not who I am! Who am I, then? The one who sees this. "- Eckhart Tolle

I didn't have time ... sorry.

Life is not about how you survive the storm, but about how you dance in the rain.
What a release when I realized that the voice in my head is not who I am! Who am I, then? The one who sees this. "- Eckhart Tolle

On 8/24/2021 at 5:41 PM, Seb-Unibet said:

Hi community members,

Before the next poker league kicks-off (very soon - stay tuned!) - we will go for an exciting "Last man standing" betting promotion on which you can win poker tickets and freebets. This promotion idea came from @Steel_Hungary and I think it is a good one for the community - so I just give it a "go":

Again a reminder, if you have some great (or crazy) ideas for promotions, just let me know and I will look into it, if it is something we could do in future.

Coming back to the promotion now, which is called:

LAST MAN STANDING

Area: Bundesliga

How it works:

• Each round you pick a team (from German Bundesliga) which you think is going to win its game.
  • You can select the same team up to three times throughout the contest.
  • If your pick wins you will qualify to the next round, if not you are eliminated. 
  • To enter this promotion, you need to pick a team before kick-off-time of the 3rd Matchday of the Bundesliga.
  • In the result of a tie for a place on the leaderboard, an average amount of the combined prizes will be paid out.
  • All prizes will be paid out after a winner is determined.
  • SE, BE, DK, DE customers excluded from the promotion.

Prizepool:

1st: €50 MTT ticket + €10 Freebet

2nd-3rd: €25 MTT ticket + €5 Freebet

4th - 10th: €5 HexaPro ticket + €2 Freebet

11th - 20th: €2 HexaPro ticket

21st - 30th: €1 HexaPro ticket

First Matchday on which a team must be picked:

image.png.9c65a6c11276f1db87e70abe15d0623a.png

Leipzig

37 minutes ago, Pionrj said:

Good job guys. Clearly everyone read the instructions. First game of the round was on friday. So you can stop picking teams. Or you should. 

True, but if anyone picked their teams before their respective matches kick-off that should still be acceptable this time since we have had different policy for previous competitions.

I also agree with @Karmasuper's point that this competition is going to be a long one (probably going into next year). It would've been more interesting if you could only pick each team once instead of thrice (not too late to make this change).

Either thing is up to @Seb-Unibetto decide though.

Edited by Joco
  • Like 1

@Joco: I presume 2 or 3 months. Many users will pick Bayer/Dortmund till they could. We will be in the money till the end of September. On the other hand this is Bundesliga game and I'm not against lasting this till the end of the saison.

Oh if I'm not wrong 42 from the players have choosen Bayern/BVB. So my vote goes not to change the rules.

Edited by psrquack
  • Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 5:41 PM, Seb-Unibet said:

To enter this promotion, you need to pick a team before kick-off-time of the 3rd Matchday of the Bundesliga.

@JocoI'm not going to disagree, that their pick should stand if they made it before the match. But the instructions/rules were pretty clear and simple. I don't mind if the competition lasts an year or two, but let's at least follow the rules given. Even if you don't agree with them. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Joco said:

True, but if anyone picked their teams before their respective matches kick-off that should still be acceptable this time since we have had different policy for previous competitions.

I also agree with @Karmasuper's point that this competition is going to be a long one (probably going into next year). It would've been more interesting if you could only pick each team once instead of thrice (not too late to make this change).

Either thing is up to @Seb-Unibetto decide though.

I understand your point - and I might should have thought about it a bit more in detail. But the promotion stands as it is and I won't change the rules now. 

Is it really as important that a promotion finishes after one week? Talking about a funny community promotion here? I think it is a great campaign to socialize and to have some fun together. Besides that, I think this promotion can end sooner than expected.

Next match day, we will have some great matches:

Leverkusen - Dortmund

Leipzig - Bayern   

I agree, that the best solution would have been that a team can just be picked twice - but as said, I didn't aim for a speedy promotion here. I thought community members would have fun with this campaign, talk to each other and discuss about the games. Also, it will be more exciting as soon as just a few players are left in the field.

On the other hand, comments like the one of @Karmasuper show me that these type of campaigns are not wanted in future - or if we run such a campaign then it must be a quick one... I am a bit disappointed about the fact as I thought the community factor stands a bit higher here.

I will learn from it and I will make it different in future.

Seb

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't get too dishearted so quickly @Seb-Unibet long campaigns can be OK. I think the point is that if someone's out fairly early then it can seem a veeeeeery long time before they can play again with it being a KO, rather than a league where losses can be caught up. I'll like it as long as I'm still in it. 😄

• Like 3

"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?"

@Seb-UnibetI hope you didn't take my comment negatively. I don't think anyone thought about the possible length of the competition when they entered their teams since the number of competitors were unknown at that time. It has become a bit clearer after 1 week but as you said it could still end unexpectedly soon if a huge upset occurs. Regardless I don't mind having a lengthy competition with the only downside being that it's not fun to see someone pick Bayern 3 times in a row (which tbh is a terrible strategy on the long run).

All in all I think this competition is a great idea and I appreciate that you put in effort to a sport section that has been lackluster since @JeppeL left (yes we had Euros but we all miss @AndreiBN.'s Grand Slam competitions).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seb-Unibet said:

I understand your point - and I might should have thought about it a bit more in detail. But the promotion stands as it is and I won't change the rules now. 

Is it really as important that a promotion finishes after one week? Talking about a funny community promotion here? I think it is a great campaign to socialize and to have some fun together. Besides that, I think this promotion can end sooner than expected.

Leverkusen - Dortmund

Leipzig - Bayern   

I agree, that the best solution would have been that a team can just be picked twice - but as said, I didn't aim for a speedy promotion here. I thought community members would have fun with this campaign, talk to each other and discuss about the games. Also, it will be more exciting as soon as just a few players are left in the field.

On the other hand, comments like the one of @Karmasuper show me that these type of campaigns are not wanted in future - or if we run such a campaign then it must be a quick one... I am a bit disappointed about the fact as I thought the community factor stands a bit higher here.

Seb

a bit disappointed receive a bit less deposits

1 hour ago, Seb-Unibet said:

Leverkusen - Dortmund

Leipzig - Bayern   

Seb

a bit disappointed recieve a bit less deposits

3 hours ago, Seb-Unibet said:

Leverkusen - Dortmund

Leipzig - Bayern   

Seb

Great post, Seb, I'm with you! BTW: Bayern will fall soon 😉

Edited by Ozzyholik
God bless you all!

This is a great promo @Seb-Unibet!

I agree it will end sooner than expected. E.g. Dortmund scored the game winning goal in the extra time, so almost half of the competitiors were close to eliminate in the first round.

5 hours ago, Seb-Unibet said:

I agree, that the best solution would have been that a team can just be picked twice - but as said, I didn't aim for a speedy promotion here.

Yes, I agree. Maybe two pick for one team, but with 2 life (everybody is out from the competition after second miss) can be a solution. In this case nobody can eliminate after first round, nobody can pick only  Dortmund and Bayern in the first 6 rounds and it can't be a speedy promotion. But it is just my opinion. I like this promo also in this format.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, JokerJames95 said:

I think the promo has been set up fine, also if you guess after a bayern game or other popular team has been on and 90% of people go out this is clearly an advantage to wait and see for the later games over the weekend. 

Agreed, before the next rounds it would be most fair if all guesses are in before 1st kick-off..