Bundesliga Fantasy

Purps

crushed noo GIF

Guerreiro banged up and Iskander having Hofmann as his star player. He might even lead me with <10 points after MD 31.

• Haha 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Bellingham somehow saved me. Guerreiro with 0, I thought he'd get subbed in at least. Will be a close race over the last 3 weeks.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

• 2 weeks later...

Take a nap, I said. 

Wait with the transfers until the Freiburg game, I said.

Waking up refreshed while looking at my alarm clock:

File:Clock 08-40.svg - Wikimedia Commons

Scared Horror GIF

crushed noo GIF

Give Up GIF by TLC Europe

• Sad 2

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2020

Congrats to Iskander winning this season! Deserved!

Season 1 Netflix GIF

So 2024 will be the year of the comebacks! Trump2024 + Wudu2024!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WuDu said:

image.png.1bd850493e7b8745b33b778462bcf146.png

If your political tipping is anything like your football tipping I'd assume Trump to be coming in 2nd...again. 

Edited by GR1ZZL3R

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2023 at 5:55 PM, WuDu said:

image.png.694d3e5a77e44194a637b43eb6ab90ec.png

@Purps, in case you haven't seen, yet. Any new rules?

This season, it's coming home!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, WuDu said:

image.png.694d3e5a77e44194a637b43eb6ab90ec.png

@Purps, in case you haven't seen, yet. Any new rules?

I haven't noticed any. Hopefully it stays that way and they at least won't force anything pointless just for the sake of change 🙏

As always, everyone who played last season are automatically in for the upcoming one as well, but new, and returning players are very welcome to join the game and our little private league by clicking the following link:

Bundesliga Fantasy Unibet Community League

Still some 40 days until the season start, so no rush 🙂

Edited by Purps

11 hours ago, Purps said:

As always, everyone who played last season are automatically in for the upcoming one as well, but new, and returning players are very welcome to join the game and our little private league.

Would be cool to have some new faces join the league. Managing doesn't take long and the start times are similar each week. Also, you'd get to know future superstars of the game: Fantasy legends over the past 4 years: Haaland, Lewandowski, Bellingham, Nkunku, Szoboszlai, Havertz, Sancho, Hakimi...

• Like 2

Just skipped through the first few players, this will be a tough season:

image.png.8121c9ea825d751a2284db1c876b4058.png

Guerreiro being the #1 defender right now? Never ever! He'll only be making my team if Tuchel gives him the start in the season opener on Friday in 5 weeks...

Edited by WuDu
  • Like 1

On 7/11/2023 at 4:38 PM, WuDu said:

Just skipped through the first few players, this will be a tough season:

Guerreiro being the #1 defender right now? Never ever! He'll only be making my team if Tuchel gives him the start in the season opener on Friday in 5 weeks...

A moment of silence for Angelino, who went from Red Bull/Hoffenheim to Galatasaray. He'll be missed by fantasy managers all over the world.

On 7/10/2023 at 9:17 AM, Purps said:

I haven't noticed any. Hopefully it stays that way and they at least won't force anything pointless just for the sake of change 🙏

Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/fantasy-manager-hints-and-tips-to-master-the-game-16681

image.png.e7ce5c5a37eae528ca1109e687330415.png

@Purps, what do we think about this one?

Edited by WuDu
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, WuDu said:

@Purps, what do we think about this one?

Total idiocy 💪🤬

Why the duck do we have to serve for the ones that are either too stupid or too lazy to make their own damn substitutions. Having to do those by yourself has been the beauty of this exact fantasy game.

Soon this will similar to Premier League fantasy where you just pick your team before the first match and then can't do shit about it during the matchday... Well, actually we are there already...

EDIT: Someone on twitter made a reasonable observation that this is because of all the crash issues they had late last season on the Sunday rounds where the sub window is just few minutes and BundesLiga's Lidl-servers couldn't handle the traffic and died.

That is probably correct. 

Oh well, it is what it is... Not happy though.

Edited by Purps
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Purps said:

Total idiocy 💪🤬

Why the duck do we have to serve for the ones that are either too stupid or too lazy to make their own damn substitutions. Having to do those by yourself has been the beauty of this exact fantasy game.

Soon this will similar to Premier League fantasy where you just pick your team before the first match and then can't do shit about it during the matchday... Well, actually we are there already...

@Purps' opinion about Sanna Marin:

Seth Meyers Ok GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

@Purps' opinion about paying 50 Euro for a bottle of Jägermeister:

Tv Show Of Course GIF by Laff

@Purps' opinion about the "new and improved" Bundesliga fantasy:

Angry The Office GIF

Meanwhile @cris1285 right now:

Sports gif. A little boy and three men sit in the audience at a stadium. They suddenly notice they're on the jumbotron and start waving their arms. The boy screams and throws an arm up, then starts dancing with his tongue out, and pulls up his shirt as he moves his hips.

2 hours ago, Purps said:

EDIT: Someone on twitter made a reasonable observation that this is because of all the crash issues they had late last season on the Sunday rounds where the sub window is just few minutes and BundesLiga's Lidl-servers couldn't handle the traffic and died.

You have a twitter account? I'm demanding answers!

Anyway, the observation makes sense as Iskander as well as myself had one matchday at the end, where the servers collapsed on Sunday and both of us couldn't replace our players. I took a player out and the site wouldn't let me get the new one in in time. 

2 hours ago, Purps said:

and BundesLiga's Lidl-servers couldn't handle the traffic and died.

:classic_biggrin: You're on fire. In 2013, Angela Merkel held a speech, referring to the internet as "uncharted waters"! Having said that, welcome to the German Bundesliga!

Do you know what happens to the star players? Are we allowed to switch them manually during the matchday or are they locked as well? Making the decision whether or not to "keep the points" or risk them with another star player was one of the fun aspects of the game. If they take that away from us as well, the luck aspect will play an even bigger role.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, WuDu said:

:classic_biggrin: You're on fire.

Ummmh. Thanks, I guess.

Tilted so hard reading about these changes. Should have included that many are just too busy with real life to make manual changes so many times, during the weekends especially, not only dumb or lazy. Apologies for that 🤦‍♂️

7 hours ago, WuDu said:

Do you know what happens to the star players? Are we allowed to switch them manually during the matchday or are they locked as well? Making the decision whether or not to "keep the points" or risk them with another star player was one of the fun aspects of the game. If they take that away from us as well, the luck aspect will play an even bigger role.

You pick the star players before the first match and cannot change them after the start of the matchday. If your star player gets subbed out, you won't get the 1,5x points from him or from anyone else in that position, since the lost star won't be passed to another player.

Sure, it is easier now for everyone to play this. But for us who didn't mind checking everything between the games, that interesting part is now totally gone since there's not a single thing you can do that'll affect your score after the first match of the matchweek has started 🙁

Previously you also had to have a good look on the matchday schedule before making your weekly transfers to have players spread across the different starting times. Now none of that matters and you can basically have all your players from one or two matches and lose no value at all.

Edited by Purps
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Purps said:

Tilted so hard reading about these changes. Should have included that many are just too busy with real life to make manual changes so many times, during the weekends especially, not only dumb or lazy. Apologies for that 🤦‍♂️

Honestly, I can live without setting my alarm clock so I don't forget to change my lineup at 3:30 PM on Sunday, because Wolfsburg is playing Heidenheim, however...

2 hours ago, Purps said:

But for us who didn't mind checking everything between the games, that interesting part is now totally gone since there's not a single thing you can do that'll affect your score after the first match of the matchweek has started 🙁

Previously you also had to have a good look on the matchday schedule before making your weekly transfers to have players spread across the different starting times. Now none of that matters and you can basically have all your players from one or two matches and lose no value at all.

Yes, that bothers me as well. The interesting part now will be how your lineup effects your options! 3 forwards all the time? Or playing it safe with a 4-4-2 where you have one replacement for every position? Does it pay off to have two goalies now?

2 hours ago, Purps said:

You pick the star players before the first match and cannot change them after the start of the matchday. If your star player gets subbed out, you won't get the 1,5x points from him or from anyone else in that position, since the lost star won't be passed to another player.

So I pick Bensebaini as my star player, he gets red carded for punching his opponent and I'm stuck with -15 points or so? Unless I have another defender on the bench that scores more than -15? 

Other scenario, I pick Guerreiro as my star player, Tuchel leaves him on the bench for 90 minutes. If I have one on my bench, he moves into the lineup, yet for that matchday I'm playing without a star player on defense?

Spongebob Squarepants GIF

On the flip side, usually everybody picked star players on Friday anyway, often selecting the same guys, that was pretty boring as well. Now the mandatory picks on Friday don't exist anymore. This might not be as bad as it looked in the beginning...and of course, no more excuses for @cris1285!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WuDu said:

@Purps' opinion about Sanna Marin:

Seth Meyers Ok GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

@Purps' opinion about paying 50 Euro for a bottle of Jägermeister:

Tv Show Of Course GIF by Laff

@Purps' opinion about the "new and improved" Bundesliga fantasy:

Angry The Office GIF

Meanwhile @cris1285 right now:

Sports gif. A little boy and three men sit in the audience at a stadium. They suddenly notice they're on the jumbotron and start waving their arms. The boy screams and throws an arm up, then starts dancing with his tongue out, and pulls up his shirt as he moves his hips.

You have a twitter account? I'm demanding answers!

Anyway, the observation makes sense as Iskander as well as myself had one matchday at the end, where the servers collapsed on Sunday and both of us couldn't replace our players. I took a player out and the site wouldn't let me get the new one in in time. 

:classic_biggrin: You're on fire. In 2013, Angela Merkel held a speech, referring to the internet as "uncharted waters"! Having said that, welcome to the German Bundesliga!

Yeah, my jaw dropped after reading that from purps and thought did antifa once again kidnap one of members and used his account for evil things 😄

• Haha 2

I'm not happy with the changes, but it could work in my favor since I missed the sub window too often. Anyway, I don't think I could do well (not even for a half-season like last year) this time, most of my players are out of the league 😂

11 hours ago, Livertool said:

Yeah, my jaw dropped after reading that from purps and thought did antifa once again kidnap one of members and used his account for evil things 😄

And if someone knows about strange posts due to being kidnapped by antifa, it's @Livertool!

10 hours ago, cris1285 said:

I'm not happy with the changes, but it could work in my favor since I missed the sub window too often. 

No more excuses now! All you have to do is set your lineup on Thursday and Friday and you're good to go! Will be interesting to see how many points you need now to have a good team. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.9fc2d12f4aeb64fbaaf8e36bece188a4.png

No new members, yet?

Lena Goessling Reaction GIF by VfL Wolfsburg

Currently, we're entering the hot phase of the preseason. The BVB still has 3 matches vs Man United, Chelsea and Ajax left. In 2 weeks, the first round of the cup takes place and the Bundesliga starts on Friday in 20 days! So still enough time to go through the player list and field a strong team and maybe do some scouting. I already found a few good ones...

Don't forget, due to the Bundesliga-"Lidl servers" we don't have to/are not allowed anymore to make changes during the matchday. So you pick your players, make your transfers between matchdays and simply select your favourite formation before the Friday night match and that's it.  

Edited by WuDu
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Remember when we lived in simpler times? When you didn't need to worry so much? Just pick Haaland, Lewa and Weghorst/Andre Silva as your strikers and you were good to go?

Well...

8,5 days left and I think I found a new strategy to implement as well...#ItsComingHome

2 days left until the start of the season when Harry Kane and Bayern take on Füllkrug and Bremen on Friday at 8:30 PM. I wouldn't put too much trust in the Bundesliga Lidl servers, so you better have your team ready before kickoff and maybe replace just 1 or 2 players if necessary.

Apart from that, make sure you're aware of the new rules and maybe one of us can win a nice prize again.

• Like 2

4 managers playing... 😥

Iskander with a great pick to start the year:

image.png.d567460d421b80ed90d1e69f1ca856f0.png

• Sad 1

131 points to start the year, I'm pretty content so far. Iskander with 170. :classic_blink:

@Purps, I'm demanding answers!

image.png.c6d67391b2bd8c4388587f086024d4fc.png

Also funny how @cris1285 is refusing to join the Kane-Train after constantly ignoring Lewy 2 years ago.

troll whats GIF

It's not insanity, I have way too many reasons to ignore Kane (at least for now). I don't remember even one mature Brit coming to BuLi and playing well. Bellingham and Sancho were kids, that's a different story. I don't trust Bayern, so I don't feel I should pick anyone, especially Kane after the Mane fiasco. But most importantly, everyone is picking the same? If not necessary, not my thing. 🙂

I picked Haller instead, but Dortmund was shit, again, unfortunately... 

37 minutes ago, cris1285 said:

But most importantly, everyone is picking the same? If not necessary, not my thing. 🙂

I picked Haller instead, but Dortmund was shit, again, unfortunately... 

Sure, I like this way of thinking as well, however at a certain point, the tsunami is getting too big and it's best to leave the beach and run with the other people.

Not really a big fan of the Dortmund players in fantasy, at least not for now. Haller's value goes far beyond his fantasy contribution. Sabitzer was disappointing a little, however Terzic placed him at the #6 with more than 1/2 hour left when Can was substituted. That hurt his production.

25 minutes ago, WuDu said:

Sure, I like this way of thinking as well, however at a certain point, the tsunami is getting too big and it's best to leave the beach and run with the other people.

😂

Yeah, for sure, absolutely correct.

That's why I love the Brazilian League Fantasy. There are no "must-have" players, it's not like you pick up Gabriel and de Arrascaeta, let's say the Haaland and De Bruyne of the league. You have to dig deep and there are many weird results too (because they play a lot of local and international cups without big rosters). Probably that's the reason I finished in the top 10 (out of a few hundred) three times since May.