Bundesliga Fantasy

Purps

Bundesliga Today – Every news about Bundesliga

A new exciting Bundesliga season will kick off on August 13th, and so does the official Fantasy Game and with it, a private league for all Community members. Posting this quite early this time because our multiple ( every time ) champion @WuDu is understandably already getting a little nervous and afraid of the fierce competition he will be facing this time. Let's give him a good run for his money 🥵

Everyone that competed last season are automatically included on the new league.

Here is the invitation code for new players: https://fantasy.bundesliga.com/invitations/league_invite/ce347d7995cbe9b2f9f2e5e43bae5920

This time I also put up a private league to the Predictor game. This is still showing old matches but should be updated at some point. Code: https://predictor.bundesliga.com/my-leagues/join/ChJo8B31

Please pick a team name that's somehow related to your community alias. Or at least let us know on this thread who you are. This also goes for all the old participants with unrecognizable team names 👍

I'll bump this post a couple times closer to the first matchday 🙂

• Like 4

As the every time champion, I would like to add that this is really a great community competition, especially if you follow the Bundesliga anyway. So maybe we can add our Bundesliga friends @psrquack, @jerry and @cris1285 as well?

Having said that, it's important to actively manage your team. It doesn't really take long, maybe 5 minutes on Thursday/Friday to make the 3 transfers per week and 2 minutes on Saturday/Sunday to sub out your worst players/change your star players. Maybe @Purps could present some of the specific rules here later on.

Plus, whenever there's a national team break or the Christmas break, you can replace your whole roster.

Also it's important to always optimize your team: Last year, Christian Günter at 10 M usually gave you fair value, however if Lacroix at 6 M scores as many points as him, you need to make the switch. In addition to that, pay attention to the form of your players. A lot of guys missed out on Gio Reyna at the beginning of last season and picked him up after a few matchdays. However then his performance dipped and a lot of guys sold him too late. 

Finally, it's OK to pick up your favorite players, but only if they produce numbers for you. The All-Smurf team always finished in last place for a reason. 😝

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

1 hour ago, cris1285 said:

Im in! However when i try to choose my star players it says im a guest user and register... Is that normal?

Nice to have you and all the other new players too 😀👍

Not sure what's up with the guest user thing as I haven't seen that before and there's no info about that anywhere. I see you succesfully joined the private league though, so i suppose you did fill in the registration already. Try logging out and back in and see if that helps, and maybe fill in the registration again if re-login doesn't help.

They have changed the interface by quite a bit for this season, so there may be some minor issues ( not that I've noticed any ). Good thing there's over 2 weeks for them to solve any possible glitches 🙂

Edited by Purps
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Purps said:

Nice to have you and all the other new players too 😀👍

Not sure what's up with the guest user thing as I haven't seen that before and there's no info about that anywhere. I see you succesfully joined the private league though, so i suppose you did fill in the registration already. Try logging out and back in and see if that helps, and maybe fill in the registration again if re-login doesn't help.

They have changed the interface by quite a bit for this season, so there may be some minor issues ( not that I've noticed any ). Good thing there's over 2 weeks for them to solve any possible glitches 🙂

Can you choose star players? Im logged in and this is the pop up when i click on them.

Screenshot_2021-07-27-06-13-49.png

@cris1285

They want you to sign up with your email address. No problem, I have never received anything from them in the last 2 years.

I assume you can even use some trash mail, however then you need to remember your trash-mail address to sign up every time. 

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

@cris1285

They want you to sign up with your email address. No problem, I have never received anything from them in the last 2 years.

@cris1285

True. No spam whatsoever from them.

Just a newsletter and some fantasy game update info but you can even opt-out of those on your profile page, and you'll receive nothing.

I myself am opted in for both and don't find those disturbing at all. Sometimes I read them, sometimes not.

I registered w my emailaddress, i received the activation link, completed the registration and selected my team. My only "fault" that i didnt opt-in for newsletter mails. If all of you can choose star players, the problem is on my side 🤔 I contact them, i cant give you advantage (even though you need 🤣).

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jerry said:

Where i can find those star players? I can add Lewandowski and any other player. Is it after completing the squad?

I think you have to pick the whole squad first...

150192570_Nyttkuva2021-07-27163222.thumb.png.1fa549eef00a77a17eaf1afea8483d98.png

Make sure to always pick the ones that play first as your star players, as those can also be changed during the matchday until you find one that scored good enough points to be kept.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jerry said:

Get it. Thanks. Im waiting till last moment. Injuries, transfers etc

Cool. You can also pick your team now and then make as many free transfers/changes until the first match kickoff as you wish though... 👍

@jerry

Star players give you 1,5 times the points of the player you selected. So if you pick Lewa and he scores 10 points, that'll give you 15 points. You can change your star players throughout the matchday as long as you have players left. Lewa plays poorly, but you still have Wout Weghorst playing on Sunday, you can then make Weghorst your star player and hope for a better result. Once a player is on your bench and has already played during the matchday, you cannot sub him in or make him your star player anymore.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Purps said:

I think you have to pick the whole squad first...

150192570_Nyttkuva2021-07-27163222.thumb.png.1fa549eef00a77a17eaf1afea8483d98.png

😁

@Purps

Who are you hiding? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WuDu said:

@jerry

Star players give you 1,5 times the points of the player you selected. So if you pick Lewa and he scores 10 points, that'll give you 15 points. You can change your star players throughout the matchday as long as you have players left. Lewa plays poorly, but you still have Wout Weghorst playing on Sunday, you can then make Weghorst your star player and hope for a better result. Once a player is on your bench and has already played during the matchday, you cannot sub him in or make him your star player anymore.

This is also why it very much benefits to have players playing their match at different times on all positions. If your whole team plays at 15:30 on Saturday you will lose huge amount of value from substitutions and star player changes.

Also always make sure both your goalies don't play at the same time, although goalies rarely score huge points, but there still can be 20 point differences between two goalies on one matchday....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Purps said:

This is also why it very much benefits to have players playing their match at different times on all positions. If your whole team plays at 15:30 on Saturday you will lose huge amount of value from substitutions and star player changes.

Very true, even a minimum wage defender can give you some options, if he plays on Sunday and one of your big names did nothing on Saturday. That's why it's so imprtant to actively manage your team and always keep an eye on the matchday schedule.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder that the Bundesliga starts this Friday, so make sure to get your lineups ready! A lot of players are injured, banged up or not in gameshape yet, so making smart decisions is imprtant. As the every-time winner, let me give you an idea about which sleepers to pick:

image.png.7c3d93ce8a9abcb57d87b417e24b5a15.png

I have a good feeling about these two...

• Thanks 1

Cheers for bringing the fantasy threads up @WuDu & @laifstaile , so I don't have to bump these too many times 👍

If someone is trying to join the Bundesliga Predictor game and is wondering why it ain't working, They either won't have it this season or it's not yet ready to be opened. Either way, clicking the join link currently just takes you to the Bundesliga main webpage.

The Fantasy is working great though, and that's the main thing 🙂

After changing my lineup a little, I think I'm set now. You guys will have a tough time from the start, that's all I'm going to say! 

So, who's Red and Gold? 

• Haha 1

So i did make a fantasy team, but kinda retarded. Neuer Haaland Lewandowski 🤪 and i have even 15mln left. Dont know what the strategy is here? Should i change team to 424 or 433, if Haaland Lewy and Silva all score more than 30 i should be ok 💣

Those 4 from reserve also score points? Cause i picked some cheap nonames there plus reserve keeper from Bayern.

Edited by jerry
  • Confused 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

21 minutes ago, jerry said:

So i did make a fantasy team, but kinda retarded. Neuer Haaland Lewandowski 🤪 and i have even 15mln left. Dont know what the strategy is here? Should i change team to 424 or 433, if Haaland Lewy and Silva all score more than 30 i should be ok 💣

Those 4 from reserve also score points? Cause i picked some cheap nonames there plus reserve keeper from Bayern.

@jerry

You can make substitutions and also change the formation between matches during the matchweek. Also, the goalies from the bad teams tend to score the best. And note that you can make 3 transfers every matchweek ( a few times during a season there will be unlimited transfers )

Here is a very quick and good read with some valuable hints: https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/fantasy-manager-hints-and-tips-to-master-the-game-16681

🙂👍

Edited by Purps
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, jerry said:

giphy.gif

Young padawan, let me ask you a question: With 15 M, you get somebody like Kimmich, Roidretzka, Olmo, Weghorst, Reus, Schick. Can you afford to ignore these players?

Team formation can be changed like your players and your star players throughout the matchday. Lewa plays on Friday, Haaland on Saturday, Silva on Sunday. It would be smart to start with 2 strikers (4-4-2, 5-3-2, 3-5-2), see how your players do and then sub in Silva on Sunday for your worst performer and changing your formation to a 4-3-3 or 3-4-3. 🧠 

70 % of all players picked Lewa, Lewa+Haaland won't give you that much of an edge, I'm afraid...

All in all, the key is to have cheap guys that produce points for you next to your stars.