Bundesliga Fantasy

Purps

On 8/21/2023 at 11:22 AM, cris1285 said:

That's why I love the Brazilian League Fantasy. There are no "must-have" players, it's not like you pick up Gabriel and de Arrascaeta, let's say the Haaland and De Bruyne of the league. You have to dig deep 

@Purps @cris1285

What do you think of the new fantasy system so far? Actually, it's not that bad in my opinion. There's much more diversity  🌈 between the different teams and it seems that we're all running different strategies. For instance, last season, we always had the same star players, especially if the stars performed well on Friday.

Also, the formation is much more important, Iskander had two defenders with negative points this week. 

image.thumb.png.d0ef429729a0cf4c6a5f0a5ab62faf71.png

All in all, I'm pretty happy with my team, however after the next matchday, we'll get unlimited transfers again due to the National Team break.

@Purps

Did I see that correctly? No more matchday prizes? 

Argue Europa League GIF by UEFA

Edited by WuDu
  • Haha 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

6 minutes ago, WuDu said:

@Purps @cris1285

What do you think of the new fantasy system so far?

Still not a fan of it. It just results in me following the BuLi way less than I had to, and was happy to do previously ( checking the opening lineups once released for every match and such... ).

Doubt I'm the only one who is experiencing that affect, and that's probably not what they wanted to happen with these changes 🫤

11 minutes ago, WuDu said:

Did I see that correctly? No more matchday prizes? 

Yeah, just the full season prizes now.

They did raffle 25 team jerseys and some match balls or something between everyone who scored 50 points!!! ( LOL ) on matchday 1.

I kicked out all the sleepers, but both new and returning players are of course more than welcome to join/rejoin if they feel like playing 🙂

The changes are okay to me, of course, it is way less time-demanding (which is great itself, but there are no chess moves to be made from Friday to Sunday), but also an interesting way to use the subs. This season is also different, there are no big stars (well, Kane...), feels like trying to season the food from here and there 🙂

Personally, I can not complain about the new system. 

• 3 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.ac972ae2dd2fac47b3409ff5c2deac27.png

Solid team now, however a few too many players being involved in Europe this week for my taste.

Cannot believe that @Purps, @cris1285 and Iskander all showed no trust in Leverkusen and Boniface. What do you see in Openda this matchday? Harry Kane is also slightly disappointing in my opinion.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

On 7/14/2023 at 9:12 PM, Purps said:

Why the duck do we have to serve for the ones that are either too stupid or too lazy to make their own damn substitutions.

@Purps, I'm demanding answers!

So, I took out Harry Kane, replacing him with Sane and taking the extra €€€ . No risk, no fun! I didn't like his performance against Leverkusen and since I'm playing 4-4-2 anyway, the chance that he's ending up on my bench behind Boniface and Guirassy is pretty high. 

Having said that, Guirassy already with 1 goal and 1 assist! 

28 minutes ago, WuDu said:

@Purps, I'm demanding answers!

So, I took out Harry Kane, replacing him with Sane and taking the extra €€€ . No risk, no fun! I didn't like his performance against Leverkusen and since I'm playing 4-4-2 anyway, the chance that he's ending up on my bench behind Boniface and Guirassy is pretty high. 

Having said that, Guirassy already with 1 goal and 1 assist! 

Game was broken again.

No transfers got through and I'm stuck with the team from last week.

Happened to several others also, but not to everyone... #0lucky

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Purps said:

Game was broken again.

No transfers got through and I'm stuck with the team from last week.

Lidl-Servers strike again.

computer rage GIF

I was wondering why some of my starters were benched all of a sudden. That explains it.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, WuDu said:

Lidl-Servers strike again.

computer rage GIF

I was wondering why some of my starters were benched all of a sudden. That explains it.

Probably yeah. Luckily for you that doesn't really matter, unless it messed up the star player selections 😟

The problems were not just caused by last minute rush like it was with the Sunday substitutions on previous seasons. I tried everything right from when the line-ups were published, so for an hour or so...

Well, no can do... hopefully won't lose that many points because of this after all... Was transfering in Guirassy, Boniface, Führich, Hofmann and Ito. I expect hat-tricks for the whole quintet this round now 😁

Edited by Purps
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Purps said:

Probably yeah. Luckily for you that doesn't really matter, unless it messed up the star player selections 😟

The problems were not just caused by last minute rush like it was with the Sunday substitutions on previous seasons. I tried everything right from when the line-ups were published, so for an hour or so...

Well, no can do... hopefully won't lose that many points because of this after all... Was transfering in Guirassy, Boniface, Führich, Hofmann and Ito. I expect hat-tricks for the whole quintet this round now 😁

image.png.dabaa670f677ddd2617e9177df106004.png

I had my subs ready by 6 PM and hit execute at 25 mins before kick-off. All my star players were on my team last week as well and I usually change those before making trades, just in case. Maybe that's why they went through. Unbelievable that this seems a regular part of Buli-Fantasy you have to plan for now...

Our DFL experts are on the case!

Video gif. Baboon sits behind a desk with an open briefcase and pounds furiously on the keyboard of a printing calculator.

Now the system starts substituting my players as well!

image.png.d7d503abea8b33efdee3fe761ddd88ff.png

2 hours ago, Purps said:

The transfers that didn't get through have now happened.

Bit messy this round, but oh well...

Well, that's at least good news.

Now the system just has to give Iskander and I our star players back!

• 3 months later...
On 8/2/2022 at 7:57 PM, Purps said:

@WuDu

Did you ever figure out the ones that remained a mystery back in the day?

I ran into a total dead-end with the remaining ones 😩

There was probably like close to 10 unsolved ones at the time...

On 8/2/2022 at 11:17 PM, WuDu said:

Big names left: Haaland, Reyna, Reinier, Brandt, Dahoud, Bellingham, Emre Can, Moukoko, Passlack (?). 

This one still doesn't let me sleep at night:

image.png.6e1edd5a3b2947c0c5a53a77ef31fded.png

From the BVB shop:

image.thumb.png.1827b6bf474f24466f7ead79f26bbad2.png

Even 2 years later, I still cannot find Haaland's signature, yet 16 year old (at the time) Abdou Kamara signed it.

Don't forget, the Buli returns tomorrow with Bayern-Hoffenheim, likely with a huge tribute to Kaiser Franz! Unlimited transfers up until then.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Back on top! #545 overall.

image.thumb.png.2fa2989be2657277195cf4488ffa0e00.png

Grimaldo is the current topscorer in Buli fantasy with 312 points. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

image.png.e4713748f1f2c17c5f71da0ec1ddef92.png

Ouch!