Game lab discussion - what's good and bad?

Stubbe-Unibet

1708264557_Screenshot(766).thumb.png.1839e382680af97d74562d2ea4ea22bb.png 

As I thought my re-raise Preflop is exactly where I expected. What does surprise me is that I'm not folding enough to the re-raise, only 20% compared with last months much better 38%. I'm not sure if the chunk of hands going missing or that I've played far fewer hands so far this month has skewed the figures, I would have guessed they should have been pretty much the same. I'll keep my eyes on that one.

Thanks Game Lab. 👍

Still loving it. 🌟

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@GR1ZZL3RIf you are generally playing much less hands than Game Lab think you should, that's logical that you're playing so strong hands that are not folds to 3- or 4-bets. I don't think that Game lab is wise enough to compare those numbers. And now I'm helping you fishes to be crushers. Like Unibet didn't do enough damage already. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Greggg said:

1. I'm not that good anymore as I used to be, but still not bad enough to study Game lab. 😀

So you're far superior to players using game lab, and they can never get on your level because of it. All that can be achieved - if we assume it works - is that bad players drain their balance slower to you and ultimately lose more. Seems like a pretty good deal to me 🙂 

• Like 2

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

2 hours ago, Greggg said:

All that can be achieved is that bad players still won't stay any longer, only those who will improve...they will drain their balance slower and while they might be losing more on the long run (and this is true only if we are lucky enough so they don't evolve ultimately into winning players) this would still mean lower ROI for us, BUT more traffic and finally more rake for the room! Seems like a pretty good deal to Unibet, not for me...

Anyway it might be better to stop and don't start it over since we already talked these things, I'm sure you did not forget.

But if you feel the need to comment my opinion again then I'll also ask you my question again (which you haven't answered for weeks): If this game lab isn't useful for bad players, if it is barely used by anyone, if it can't improve players (directly or indirectly) by that much anyway, etc. etc. then why it is so important for you? why do you keep defending it?

I think we’ve all heard and understood your opinion. And it’s totally fine, but Im also among those who dont agree with it.

It seems to me that almost everyone who have replied don’t agree with you.

So, what should the solution be? Should we scrap game lab because one person demands it, or may we keep it because most people think its a perfectly harmless tool?

I personally dont care much if there is game lab or not, as I think it makes no difference for the skill level whatsoever. But I do love stats, so it can be something fun to look at every now and then 🤗

Best of luck in your games! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Greggg said:

1. If everyone loves it, then obviously not! Even if I highly doubt that everyone loves it just because the guys commenting here love it.

2. My comment and question wasn't for you!

Point number one is simply epic. 🤣

Could someone tell me what is this advice based on? The left one I mean. It shows how often I'm in CL when going to HU. Hexas has to be my weakest game, but I just can't figure out how is this bad? At least spins strategys says that you have to play fast and aggressive your premium holdings and big draws. Now this is telling me to play less aggressive, because I have CL 73% of the times when I get to HU. 

E. Lets add that my HU win% is 68 so it's very close to that stat on left. 

EE. And last month both were 42%. Very small sample but I think there's a clear correlation. 

Maybe @Stubbe-Unibetknows? 

IMG_20210807_172902.jpg

Edited by Pionrj
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pionrj said:

Could someone tell me what is this advice based on? The left one I mean. It shows how often I'm in CL when going to HU. Hexas has to be my weakest game, but I just can't figure out how is this bad? At least spins strategys says that you have to play fast and aggressive your premium holdings and big draws. Now this is telling me to play less aggressive, because I have CL 73% of the times when I get to HU. 

E. Lets add that my HU win% is 68 so it's very close to that stat on left. 

EE. And last month both were 42%. Very small sample but I think there's a clear correlation. 

Maybe @Stubbe-Unibetknows? 

IMG_20210807_172902.jpg

Apparently it is very bad to be a chip-lead too often when heading into HU 😄 please fix your game 😉 

• Haha 1

For the desktop client (and maybe same for browser one), it would be handy if we could use the keyboard arrows to toggle between tabs and escape to go back to the game lab 'home page'

The way you have to click on the 'pages' now is a bit finicky imo.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It should be way more logical and easy to get for me visit now and then.

Example of my last visit: i was on level 3 but can't see all level 2&3 stuff cause i ain't seen enough flops or games thou i think i have. Then i think is it because month or quarter or perhaps bug. Maybe i should go and ask from community...meh, don't care enough. Close gamelab and never return.

Now that you asked 😉

Personally, Game Lab is a cool invention. But I dont find it very useful. Also the stats I am not so sure their so accurate. But seems its much more an "entertrainment tool" . The levels of unlocking stuff isnt so logical, yet its something - by that I mean that it doesnt make much a diffrence if I see what was my best hand or not etc. Its also intresting to note, that the base line isnt said out - its just told "these are good stats" "these are bad stats". For enterainment players its certainly a thing, and its probably the point. For proffessionals etc, I doubt anyone ever uses it in any sense of study. What is also very misleading is that 'School" doesnt show sample size - so specially for not very knowledgeable players they hardly realize it and could just be mislead. I think if we'd really want we could bring out more, but Im too lazy for that. 

But What I do like about it, is overall stats. Like MTT, Hexapro. bla bla it could be even better. Graphs would be cool too.  I think it would be even more cool, if Unibet would add badges. But not just badges for "UOS" - like Stars has gone - having only very big badges.... But Having diffrent Badges that people can choose to show or not show. Unibet has many tournaments with specific names. And people would also know the meanings. Oh and sure the layout is nice! 

Edited by Estzen
  • Like 1

2131712021_Screenshot2021-11-11153152.png.41e337ce741c5341ba9d5abc4f172b54.png

This is pretty lame to brag with and should be easy to beat. But I started. Your turn @FreedoM

E. And pretty much thinking of Game Lab the same as said above by Estzen. Doesn't really give any additional value to my game, but it's a nice idea. I like to go through all the crazy hands tho which others played to get those crazy 1000bb+ pots.

Edited by Pionrj

18 minutes ago, Pionrj said:

2131712021_Screenshot2021-11-11153152.png.41e337ce741c5341ba9d5abc4f172b54.png

This is pretty lame to brag with and should be easy to beat. But I started. Your turn @FreedoM

E. And pretty much thinking of Game Lab the same as said above by Estzen. Doesn't really give any additional value to my game, but it's a nice idea. I like to go through all the crazy hands tho which others played to get those crazy 1000bb+ pots.

You got me beat. I think it's necessary to match the experience people get from places like Zynga and other PlayMoney Apps to RealMoney Poker for a brighter future of the industry, and this means integration of goofy stuff like animated gifs and bragging stats, daily missions, badges, etc. I really think people that are in charge of these projects should look/study gaming platforms and try to bring that into poker. 🤔

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if someone asked this before but I just reached level 5  and I see in the achievements tab my "all in luck in preflop situations" statistics. Is this somehow correlated with EV or preflop equity? If not, then where is the luck factor involved? I mean, if you get it in good most of the times of course your statistics will look good.
luck_factor.png.537c87cdbd35a8e9695ccc9ca44b7585.png

Another thing, in the "bad beats" section, I see the my biggest bad beat is some hand involving some four of a kind texture where I have the second best kicker. I understand there is perhaps an algorithm involved that takes into account the hand hierarchy but I hardly find that to be a bad beat per se. A bad beat is something like flopping a set and the villain making  runner runner quads.

bad_beat.png.6784546e1d2f940b689289468e68e23d.pngflop.png.b575316f62d0371b6be489601e92e649.pngriver.png.db7806bf94f4cbc904cf2de9c6cb338d.png

Bottom line: I sure like the game lab, I see a good potential but for sure there are things to improve.

• Like 4

I guess reading the info it just counts the amount you have lost vs the amount you have won and does not take equity into account. I think lots of stats just give you a vague idea and you don't have to interpret them literally. The way I look at this playing mostly cash games is that if you have more lost than won you run extremely bad or are just jamming too loose yourself as I get all-ins vs fun players who jam sometimes any 2 so your equity should be way ahead of these and should show you winning more than losing. Like my stat here it looks like I'm running hot but I get premium hands in vs A7 / A9 / 77 / 22 / T9 etc etc

allinluck.png.c22876a583d39799e02ad765bc9a4c38.png

Same for the bad beat section, my hand QQ is vs someone who limp called my raise with AT and flopped quads. So I lost with a boat vs quads. Don't think it is particularly interesting as the 'best' bad beat this way will be a A high royal flush vs a 9 low straight flush. (at the moment it is a K high vs a 8 low straight flush).

There are indeed better bad beats in the sense of the description, like I had QQ all in not long ago vs AK on a flop KQ2 and the board runs out 2-K (scarred me for life 🤣)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, P0kerM0nk said:

I get all-ins vs fun players who jam sometimes any 2 so your equity should be way ahead of these and should show you winning more than losing. Like my stat here it looks like I'm running hot but I get premium hands in vs A7 / A9 / 77 / 22 / T9 etc etc

And I get weaker player will think they are just unlucky by reading this stat. Can't say I mind it 😅

• Haha 1

All-in luck. I agree with you and it's one I wanted differently from the beginning, but we need the all-in equity to be developed first, to have an actual luck indicator. As I've mentioned on here a few times before, it's quite high on my priority list - I'd like to combine it with a matrix showing hole cards dealt, to give a more "complete" overview of whether you're actually running bad or not. 

Bad beat. Has been highlighted a few times before on here. For now, there's no plan to change this, but maybe 2nd half of next year 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions