Euro 2020

Livertool

Euro 2020 champion  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Only 20 possibility for poll, sorry Russia, N-Macedonia, Slovakia and Czech. Better luck next time

• Finland
    • Turkey
    • Italy
    • Wales
    • Switzerland
    • Denmark
    • Belgium
    • Netherlands
    • Ukraine
    • Austria
    • England
    • Croatia
    • Scotland
    • Spain
    • Sweden
    • Poland
    • Portugal
    • Hungary
    • France
    • Germany

To me, the most surprising was actually how few chances France created. If we forget about the offsides - which we should - Germany were the better team in regards to chances and possession imo. Also felt like there were surprisingly many bad passes from both team.

Germany more or less played like I expected them to and still think they have a decent chance at winning the whole thing 😉 Few tactical changes and they can definitely play better than yesterday

Think these were the opportunities in the game:

Pogba header/shoulder 15th min on corner (over the goal)
Mbappe a minute later with a long range shot easy to save for Neuer.
The goal in 20th minute
Big chance for France: Rabiot shot on post in 52nd min

Huge chance for Gündogan in the 38th where he hits it terribly
Big chance for Gnabry in 54th, kicking it in the ground and going over the goal
Double chance, Gosens and Kross 58th

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

55 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

If we forget about the offsides - which we should - Germany were the better team in regards to chances and possession imo.

Sometimes i wonder if you are trolling or for real 😄

Offsides were about matter of inches, other way around and they would have been two beauty goals. It was not like anyone stopped playing or anything. And if we should forget about close offsides, should we then forget about all close situations and chances Germany had? Actually there were not any of them so that is quite easy 😄

About Mbappe offside goal, what was ass ref thinking about again? He thought it was offside but had to wait 10-15 seconds until ball was in goal to raise his dic...i mean flag. Just don't get what is point at these new rules 😞

Germany had possession but wasn't surprise, France ain't necessarily the team that wants possession. Remember Belgium players whining about it 😄

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/france-slammed-anti-football-team-12896665

But i admit that Germany were better if compared to awful performance at wc, so maybe there is little hope for them.

Anyways, who cares about Germany when we have most important match of century coming in 4 hours 😻

Wouldn't mind if Russia keeper takes example of Haiti's colleague 😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Offsides were about matter of inches, other way around and they would have been two beauty goals. It was not like anyone stopped playing or anything. And if we should forget about close offsides, should we then forget about all close situations and chances Germany had? Actually there were not any of them so that is quite easy 😄

One of them was closer to a meter than inches 😉

And in regards to the delayed flagging, I get it can be a bit annoying (the 50 French fans I was watching the game with didn't enjoy it 🤣), but it really is the way to do it when there's VAR. If the linesman isn't 100% about the call, he shouldn't flag it right away but wait for confirmation.

33 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

And in regards to the delayed flagging, I get it can be a bit annoying (the 50 French fans I was watching the game with didn't enjoy it 🤣), but it really is the way to do it when there's VAR. If the linesman isn't 100% about the call, he shouldn't flag it right away but wait for confirmation.

So it was just coincidince that var room shouted to ass ref's ear their desicion at same second that ball went over goal line?

Agree with French fans, me no likey 😕

7 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

To me, the most surprising was actually how few chances France created. If we forget about the offsides - which we should - Germany were the better team in regards to chances and possession imo. Also felt like there were surprisingly many bad passes from both team.

Germany more or less played like I expected them to and still think they have a decent chance at winning the whole thing 😉 Few tactical changes and they can definitely play better than yesterday

Over the past 5 years, you posted some really stupid stuff here, but this goes right into the top-5 of your worst posts! Even my sister, who judges football teams by the look of their jerseys and the hairstyle of the players, knows more about football than you do! 😆 

Unless you're getting a commission for every bet on Germany, of course...

Did Germany even have a shot on goal yesterday? Tough to win without those. France did what they wanted to do, let Germany have the ball where it didn't hurt, defend and then counter-attack.  

• Haha 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Feels weird saying this, but I think WuDu is right in this particular instance?! 🤔 Damn, just feel weird saying it out loud 😁

Let me elaborate - you can't just compare the opportunities each team had to score a goal when the incentive to score is always significantly greater for the team who is behind. To me it seemed like France was in total control of the game -  in fact, what actually amazed me the most was the discipline France showed to let the Germans have the ball, so that they would create the room for them to counter attack. I mean you expect a big football country like France to have too much ego to play like that, because even though it is clearly the right choice considering that they were ahead, it does not necessarily create what a lot of fans would call beautiful football.

Though it would have been so very interesting to see how successful France would have been in opening up its' game if Germany would have been leading 2-1. I'll be waiting to see this in the games to come for sure.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, comanimal said:

Feels weird saying this, but I think WuDu is right in this particular instance?! 🤔 Damn, just feel weird saying it out loud 😁

giphy.gif

• Haha 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Germany def have problems and there is even a chance they can crash in group stages. However in playoff they will not meet France until semis/final and really who can beat them there? England will get their a%^ handed to them, Spain is this year more than doable for at least 16teams at Euro [not including Poland 🥲] and Belgium i dont see them doing good against Germany. We have Italy but show me one time when team who opened strong won the tournament later? And this the stronger opening for a while. They will crash, trust me.

Low got many problems to solve. Muller was twelfth player of France, Gnabry is under the weather and it seem Hummels was really bad mistake to call him up. He have so many options that my head hurts. Havertz for Muller, Werner for Gnabry and Neuhaus for Havertz. Why not play fookin 4 4 2 instead this weird 3 5 1 1 or whatever they playin. Kimmich is underused on the right side, he need to play in middle even at the cost of Kroos/Gundogan. Gundogan is after great season but he never worked great in german team IMO.

Didnt like body language of Low in France match, he looked clueless and resignated but i feel one good match [win against Portugal] and the climate over team would improve and then they maybe will go far. And even if they somehow lose against Portugal, win against Hungary [surely they are capable of it isnt it???] will get them into playoffs from 3rd place. 

• Confused 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Still pissed off with yesterday match. Not for the loss but guys playing wuss, or more like not playing at all and handing out three points to Russia. 🤬

It would be interesting situation if Denmark does small miracle and wins today leaving teams with three points. Then we could all play draw in final round and Russia out with worst goal difference. I'm getting desperate 😋

1 hour ago, jerry said:

Germany def have problems and there is even a chance they can crash in group stages. However in playoff they will not meet France until semis/final and really who can beat them there? England will get their a%^ handed to them, Spain is this year more than doable for at least 16teams at Euro [not including Poland 🥲] and Belgium i dont see them doing good against Germany. We have Italy but show me one time when team who opened strong won the tournament later? And this the stronger opening for a while. They will crash, trust me.

Low got many problems to solve. Muller was twelfth player of France, Gnabry is under the weather and it seem Hummels was really bad mistake to call him up. He have so many options that my head hurts. Havertz for Muller, Werner for Gnabry and Neuhaus for Havertz. Why not play fookin 4 4 2 instead this weird 3 5 1 1 or whatever they playin. Kimmich is underused on the right side, he need to play in middle even at the cost of Kroos/Gundogan. Gundogan is after great season but he never worked great in german team IMO.

Didnt like body language of Low in France match, he looked clueless and resignated but i feel one good match [win against Portugal] and the climate over team would improve and then they maybe will go far. And even if they somehow lose against Portugal, win against Hungary [surely they are capable of it isnt it???] will get them into playoffs from 3rd place. 

Bro, have you seen the tackles against Mbappe in the second half? Don't let the own goal fool you...

I said it before and I'll say it again, Löw is a retarded moron who lucked into the title in 2014 (it was won despite him not because of him) and now thinks that he's hot shit! Some remarks about the game:

• We played 3-4-3 against France, despite the fact that there were multiple players redundant or out of position.
  • Werner needs space to use his speed, you don't bring him off the bench when you're behind.
  • Müller is neither a winger nor a center forward.
  • Sane is out of form after his ACL. 
  • Kimmich in right midfield is wasted, but there's no one else there. So why again was Baku playing the U21? Why aren't we switching to something like a 4-3-3 or 4-2-1-3 then?
  • Kroos is redundant with Hummels being able to distribute the ball from the back as well.
  • Why was Volland (our only true center forward) playing left back/left midfield when he came on for Gosens?

As you could see, this team doesn't have a concept on how to create chances. Now Roidretzka is being pushed as the saviour after being injured for a few weeks... Today's headline in my local newspaper was Löw promising a win against Portugal! 😜 He's desperate but there's a reason why we finished last in the group in Russia, last in the Nations League group and lost 0-6 to Spain...

Edited by WuDu

12 minutes ago, WuDu said:

Bro, have you seen the tackles against Mbappe in the second half? Don't let the own goal fool you...

I said it before and I'll say it again, Löw is a retarded moron who lucked into the title in 2014 (it was won despite him not because of him) and now thinks that he's hot shit! Some remarks about the game:

• We played 3-4-3 against France, despite the fact that there were multiple players redundant or out of position.
  • Werner needs space to use his speed, you don't bring him off the bench when you're behind.
  • Müller is neither a winger nor a center forward.
  • Sane is out of form after his ACL. 
  • Kimmich in right midfield is wasted, but there's no one else there. So why again was Baku playing the U21? Why aren't we switching to something like a 4-3-3 or 4-2-1-3 then?
  • Kroos is redundant with Hummels being able to distribute the ball from the back as well.
  • Why was Volland (our only true center forward) playing left back/left midfield when he came on for Gosens?

As you could see, this team doesn't have a concept on how to create chances. Now Roidretzka is being pushed as the saviour after being injured for a few weeks... Today's headline in my local newspaper was Löw promising a win against Portugal! 😜 He's desperate but there's a reason why we finished last in the group in Russia, last in the Nations League group and lost 0-6 to Spain...

Finnish commentator said before match that Germany has shown signs of improvement with 7-1 win over Latvia 🤣 Don't know who or what has he sucked to get the job.

But yeah, Löw should have gone just back for basics with 4-4-2ish formation. When system is familiar to players and they get to play where they are best, results will follow sooner or later. There is good or at least decent options for every position. 

But no, this "innovator" has some weird vision of reinventing the wheel. Something like "why not make it square? Sure it is bumpy at löw speed but when you pick up at the pace, it is almost as good as normal wheel"

Racist Lukaku. Finnish lives matter 🧎‍♂️

https://politiken.dk/sport/art8253157/Sådan-kommer-Danmark-videre-Lukaku-lover-at-hjælpe-Danmark-til-2.-pladsen

Maybe they should make less groups with more teams for next euros. There is million scenarios how standings will end up including Denmark being 2nd after losing first two matches 🤨

• Haha 1

On 6/17/2021 at 12:49 AM, comanimal said:

Let me elaborate - you can't just compare the opportunities each team had to score a goal when the incentive to score is always significantly greater for the team who is behind. To me it seemed like France was in total control of the game -  in fact, what actually amazed me the most was the discipline France showed to let the Germans have the ball, so that they would create the room for them to counter attack. I mean you expect a big football country like France to have too much ego to play like that, because even though it is clearly the right choice considering that they were ahead, it does not necessarily create what a lot of fans would call beautiful football.

Though it would have been so very interesting to see how successful France would have been in opening up its' game if Germany would have been leading 2-1. I'll be waiting to see this in the games to come for sure.

It isn't just my opinion, the expected goals model supports it all; Germany way ahead of France.

Anyway, England not playing great today. France were bad against Germany. Germany weren't good either. Belgium were bad against Denmark (destroyed on expected goals), albeit a lot better after De Bruyne came on. Portugal didn't play amazing either in their first game, at least not the first 80 minutes. Italy the only one of the favorites that have really performed so far.

I must admit I just googled what the expected goals model is, but immediately it seems to me that this model has some significant problems as scoring a lot of goals doesn't necessarily translate into winning games. Every team's game plan and more precisely incentive to score should drastically change based on if they are leading or behind.

Also, disregard everything I just said, I think you are 100% right. Now, could I have Germany's odds when betting on France to win the tournament, please? 😄

unibet.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

It isn't just my opinion, the expected goals model supports it all; Germany way ahead of France.

Anyway, England not playing great today. France were bad against Germany. Germany weren't good either. Belgium were bad against Denmark (destroyed on expected goals), albeit a lot better after De Bruyne came on. Portugal didn't play amazing either in their first game, at least not the first 80 minutes. Italy the only one of the favorites that have really performed so far.

5dsjbz.jpg

Stubbe Thunberg telling us to #TrustTheScience? 🤪

I guess this must be example #528 why xGoals is a pretty worthless statistic...

Sancho again without any minutes today and Meunier is starting for one of the best looking teams in the tournament so far. 🤡🗺️2021! Honk Honk!

• Haha 1

At the moment, the worst European championship in my life.
1. A lot of falls grabbing at the face. In some matches, there were more than 15 of them.
2. Lots of grassroots matches. The team scores goes into defense
3. Where are the strong-willed victories?
4. Slightly that the player has fallen down - everyone is going to the referee - this is annoying. Very, very many simulations. An instruction was received from the UEFA that only the captain can do this. So give yellow cards to all the salaries. Nothing changed.
5. If the ball hits your hand, it's all a disaster. The attacking team members wave their hands.
There is more ...

Good job Puszta-Pirates!

Lineup for the German National Team:

image.png.c7cce3b7f8e31f6d0df6fe864fa216a2.png

No changes! 😜

• Haha 1