Euro 2020

Livertool

Euro 2020 champion  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Only 20 possibility for poll, sorry Russia, N-Macedonia, Slovakia and Czech. Better luck next time

• Finland
    • Turkey
    • Italy
    • Wales
    • Switzerland
    • Denmark
    • Belgium
    • Netherlands
    • Ukraine
    • Austria
    • England
    • Croatia
    • Scotland
    • Spain
    • Sweden
    • Poland
    • Portugal
    • Hungary
    • France
    • Germany

9 hours ago, Livertool said:

VAR, so we get right decision everytime...

Not in any situation VAR would have called penalty unless ref would have called it. Not that Denmark created anything and probly would have lost anyhow but still. Sad effort from England, only when they were behind they were eager to make goal. I'll buy spaghetti, red wine, place bets for Italy and hope that justice comes through 😄

Very likely it’d have ended with a penalty shootout, and then I think Denmark would be small favorites, given the keepers and everything.

I of course agree Denmark weren’t amazing, especially on the counter attacks when being ahead - those really should have resulted in another goal.  Great tournament from the team though and it should be an interesting World Cup next year 😄

I am with you on the Italian theme for the final 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

VAR yet again. 

VAR was brought in to help the ref and correct "clear and obvious" errors, something that it wasn't doing when first brought in but now seems much better. If the ref hadn't called a penalty I don't think it would have been a penalty, that's how it should and did go. Yes it was a soft penalty but Kane had a better appeal turned down. Swings and roundabouts. If it hadn't been England I'd have cheered on the Danes, a superb free kick, but they were running on fumes in the end after a heroic tourney. When you have waited 55 years to get to a final you might be prepared to take what you get. It's sport, emotions can run high, but I really don't get where disgraceful, harsh and justice comments come from. 

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

6 minutes ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

VAR was brought in to help the ref and correct "clear and obvious" errors, something that it wasn't doing when first brought in but now seems much better. If the ref hadn't called a penalty I don't think it would have been a penalty, that's how it should and did go. Yes it was a soft penalty but Kane had a better appeal turned down. Swings and roundabouts. If it hadn't been England I'd have cheered on the Danes, a superb free kick, but they were running on fumes in the end after a heroic tourney. When you have waited 55 years to get to a final you might be prepared to take what you get. It's sport, emotions can run high, but I really don't get where disgraceful, harsh and justice comments come from. 

You mean the situation where Kane first commits a foul and then appeals for a penalty?

In my opinion, when it's a penalty decision and it's such a thin one with obvious diving involved, the ref should be sent to the sideline to have a look himself; cause why not? I don't blame the ref at all, as it's such a difficult one given his position and all, but it's only fair that if there's any doubt, he gets the chance to see it from better angles and in slowmotion. I'm aware of the current VAR rules, but the clear and obvious error aspect is stupid in a penalty situation which is almost certainly going to decide the outcome of a Euros semifinal in ET.

Many stories of English fans in the Danish block - nice one English security, letting people in despite the rules being clear on the matter (also a disgrace that they could buy the tickets in the first place) - hitting and spitting at the Danish when they were ahead/when they scored (including parents that were there with the kids). Good luck to the Italians on Sunday 😬 I know it's the minority giving the big majority a bad reputation in this case, but from the comment I've seen, it sounds like too big of a minority, unfortunately. 

46 minutes ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

I really don't get where disgraceful, harsh and justice comments come from.    

You'll be getting the Brexit-effect for quite some time to come 😉

Edited by Purps
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

If the ref hadn't called a penalty I don't think it would have been a penalty, that's how it should and did go

I would have been fine for it being penalty in old days when ref had no choise but to call them as he saw but why he didn't let var decide it now when situation wasn't too clear?

They let play go on when players are miles offside but then when situation is close, ref pointed spot immediatly and var ain't overruling it unless it was totally wrong decision. Just don't get this shit 😄

No news here, England had to be in the final, doesnt matter how. Its coming home right...

Denmark was a hard nut to crack as expected, but not the same attacking team, probably nothing left in the tank. Honestly the danes didnt deserve to advance, just the way it was decided 🤨

• Like 2

It's hard to have serious discussions on sport when non football reasons or officials decisions are given as reasons as to what determines who neutrals will support. Yes there were some disgraceful actions off the field and maybe some questionable decisions on it, but, there was a football match played by two very different teams. One went down the pragmatic path of defend at all costs, entertainment is a very distant secondary consideration, the other was full of passion and commitment after a terrible start. The pragmatists won this time, but I'll repeat, I would as a neutral have absolutely been on the Danes side. 

Denmark ran out of steam. The last 15 mins of normal time and the first half of extra time they were being overrun. A mistake was made, due to yet another great display by Sterling, that many times would not have led to a penalty, this time it did, but be honest, Denmark were still in the game only due to a brilliant performance by Schmeichel. England have been on the wrong end of bad decisions in the past, this time we were on the right side of a poor one, and of course we'll take it, who wouldn't, but speculation about what could or should happen is pointless, the better team won. 

All you neutrals can support who you want for whatever reason you want, if "your" team wins then so be it, not quite the same feeling!

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

1 hour ago, psrquack said:

Shame on me, but forgot to say a congratulation to England reaching the final. Their right wing played brilliantso yes, they deserved it.

@psrquack it's not about whether someone deserved it or not - the Danish coach's tactic probably assumed an extra play - although in this case for me 3 changes should be left at the end. At this level, it is also influenced by the fact that the Danes had a long journey and changed time zones a few days earlier (watch that match and see how this team was getting tired then, sick temp. then). So it was natural for them to aim for a penalty shootout in overtime - when they looked physically weak. 

copied from another place: 

Here the problem is with the var protocol - there was minimal contact and such information was received by the judge from var-judges - the question is - why didn't the judge go to the monitor? Such situations were the reason why I stopped watching football many years ago and you can see that even with video replays there are problems here. I will never understand why the judge (one person) in this discipline has so much power . in this situation, there were several variables to assess this situation - one of them: was minimal contact and whether the Sterling would get to a position from which to pass/shoot? simply from this action there would be no further goal (Vestergaard had decent position to touch the ball first) and the team got a better opportunity to score a goal from the penalty spot. the second problem here is that players know how to act in such situations - and it is a problem in this discipline that acting often wins here. I talked about it many times with my friends - such a player should be excluded for at least 20-30 international matches for the stake and half a season in the league - then the next time he would come to the referee himself and tell what was the truth - Only in this situation the most important thing is whether it was an action with a potential goal - maybe 2m + higher yes but here i doubt it.

The problem with var is also in the case of corner kicks - which in my opinion should also be evaluated quickly by var. Simply var protocol is broken - you can really make some quick rules here - only you can see that someone does not have the will to do this and still leaves important decisions in the hands of the referee, who should only clean up during the match - nothing more.

In my opinion, the free kick option inside the penalty area is used too rarely - this situation was perfect for that.👍
Edited by pinki
"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

giphy.gif

Beautiful! 

England losing at home on penalties again, this will give you guys some nice PTSD for the next few decades...🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Well deserved! Great fight from italians, and real man balls.

As for England, if not now, so when? So many favours and advantages. Having the early lead, and parking the bus??? Wanna beat Italy with the typical italian strategy? Looser mentality, even tho this is an extremely talented team, i dont see them winning a trophy anytime soon. 😪

And those penalty takers? Sancho and Rashford barely played the whole tourney, got a few minutes today, but go and take the penalty. Let alone the choice of Saka, when you have Shaw, Grealish, Stones etc. Wtf.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Perfect end to the tournament when Denmark couldn’t be in the final.

Beautiful to see how Sterling didn’t manage to dive this one home. How big a difference the referee makes, even with VAR - significantly more contact on the first one on Sterlin in the box, than when he got the penalty in the semi (and he wasn’t horizontal already at the time of the contact on this one )

• Like 2

At least the English supporters are losing with class! 🤣 

Hopefully there won't be too much burning, looting and murdering later tonight...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

I think It was a really great tournament with a lot of good matches and with a lot of drama. I have never thought I will be happy with an italian win, but this is the case this time. I 've never liked the italian style : score a goal, than kill the football. But in this tournament England played this style of football. Italy played more entertaining football and they deserved to win. It was a memorabe EC for me with the heroic Hungarian fight in the group stage, with the great football of Denmark and with the entertaining Italian team. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, WuDu said:

At least the English supporters are losing with class! 🤣 

Hopefully there won't be too much burning, looting and murdering later tonight...

English douchebags never fail to surprice with their stupidity. Even better that they lost.

1 hour ago, cris1285 said:

https://www.sportbible.com/football/53021-england-italy-petition-euro-2020-20210713

No balls, no dignity...

Why they dont ask for a rematch and a "non-biased ref" for the Denmark-England semifinal 😁

Well, it's tough going from a ref that literally gifts you a ticket to the final to one that is having none of Sterlings diving 😄 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1