Suggestion for a Promotion to take on Unibet Poker Ambassadors in a Sit N Go

WhiteJedi

I don’t know if this is the right place to post this suggestion, but it’ll put it here for want of somewhere more appropriate to put it.

Grosvenor Poker runs a promotion and I think something similar would work extremely well on Unibet. Two of the Grosvenor Pros (Jamie Nixon and Katie Swift) run a weekly ‘Home Game’ style poker event. As well as the usual payout structure, there are points for a monthly league. The winner of each league wins some cash, but the main prize is the opportunity to play in a six-handed Sit N Go with four of the Grosvenor Pros. Should one of the qualifiers win that, there is a decent cash prize, which rolls over if it is not won. The SNG is also streamed live.

The qualifying home games are priced at £11, so they are very accessible to most players. The promotion has been excellent for reinforcing the relationship between the pros (and therefore the provider) and the playing community.

Ian Simpson already hosts a home game on Unibet, so the main building block is already there. I think the Unibet playing community would relish the opportunity to play a SNG with Ian, Dara, David, Monica and / or the others.

• Like 3

On 5/8/2021 at 6:34 PM, WhiteJedi said:

I don’t know if this is the right place to post this suggestion, but it’ll put it here for want of somewhere more appropriate to put it.

Grosvenor Poker runs a promotion and I think something similar would work extremely well on Unibet. Two of the Grosvenor Pros (Jamie Nixon and Katie Swift) run a weekly ‘Home Game’ style poker event. As well as the usual payout structure, there are points for a monthly league. The winner of each league wins some cash, but the main prize is the opportunity to play in a six-handed Sit N Go with four of the Grosvenor Pros. Should one of the qualifiers win that, there is a decent cash prize, which rolls over if it is not won. The SNG is also streamed live.

The qualifying home games are priced at £11, so they are very accessible to most players. The promotion has been excellent for reinforcing the relationship between the pros (and therefore the provider) and the playing community.

Ian Simpson already hosts a home game on Unibet, so the main building block is already there. I think the Unibet playing community would relish the opportunity to play a SNG with Ian, Dara, David, Monica and / or the others.

Hi @WhiteJedi

Thanks for the suggestion. There are two main issues with having with a promotion like this:-

1. Getting all the ambassadors online at the same time to fill a SNG
  2. Running the actual league

On iPoker you alias does not change so it's much easier to track players as they play. This is not the case on Unibet where players can change their alias multiple times a day and it can be easy to forgot to change it before the start of a league game. Now we could enforce a "same alias" policy in order to win points but it would still require manual checking and recording of each game and league updating. In order to automate the leaderboard it would require dev time from Relax and I just don't think we could justify the resources for something that may only have >50 players enter on a regular basis.

On the ambassador side, Ian regularly plays SNGs at the end of his session with viewers of his stream already and although they don't have big prizes for the winners they do enhance the community spirit you mentioned. 

There are a number of community driven promotions that already exist, The Community league for example, along with all the streamer added value games that run weekly that get everyone involved. I do think your idea of a SNG with the ambassadors would be a great promotion for if/when we run a live Unibet Open and can send a couple players to a location to play the SNG live.

• Like 1

Poker Janitor

Maybe in our case: Some of the next community leagues coul also reward a ticket to every tournament winner to a qualifier between all tournament winners of that league(lets say its 6week league with 3 different buy-in levels and 2 tournaments per week for every buy-in level that is gonna be maximum 36 players in a qualifier where maybe top 3-6 get invited to play a sit and go with at least 2(wouldn`t mind if its just 2 unibet poker ambassadors)

• Like 1