6th grade math

Livertool

Here we have olympic cities. Figure out distance to next host Tokyo.

IMG_20210422_190759.JPG.4fd5e8be8021463f126f951a3397b311.JPG

First of all, i find question stupid af. Secondly didn't have a clue. Last but not least when i was in 6th grade we had question like livertool has 6 apples, eats one and throws lefties with 2 of them. How many he has left?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Livertool said:

First of all, i find question stupid af. Secondly didn't have a clue. Last but not least when i was in 6th grade we had question like livertool has 6 apples, eats one and throws lefties with 2 of them. How many he has left?

28 watermelons.

4 minutes ago, Jami-Unibet said:

In all reality, how are you supposed to "deduce the distance" with that information? That's the same as me saying "The moon is 384400 km from earth, sun is 150.4 million km from earth, deduce the distance from London to New York?"

Yup, that is why i thought it was stupid question or set up is really weird. No wonder kids are so confused these days 😃

Don't want give up more if someone wants to take a shot of answer.

I'm sure we are not in Finland anymore (1400 Athens and 1500 Sydney), so I think we are in Tokyo, so zero is the correct answer.😆

Btw you will have 6 apples, because you are the owner of the tree and you can make an unlimited rebuy.😀

Let's come more.

Maybe you can draw circles around the cities with the mentioned distances and where they cut each other there is a point where you are and then you can figure out the distance to Tokyo, but maybe @Purpscan help us with explanation about the 1200, because I have no clue too.

• Like 1

My guess is 1350!

My explanation:

Obviously, distance doesn't play a role here. In Finnish, all cities except Rio have 6 letters, Rio has 12. 250 km per letter. Sydney is the baseline, then its +100, -100, 0, +100, -100. Tokio, 5 letters (5*250) +100 = 1350.

Edited by WuDu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

As @WuDu has pointed out these are usually never to do with actual distances. I've seen loads of these types of puzzles, mostly giving a value to vowels and consonants, or maybe values of 1 for A, 2 for E, 3 for I, etc. Fairly easy to work out once you have the correct values, but I didn't attempt this one, foreign languages are not my speciality. 😬

If @Livertool waited long enough after throwing his apples, and presuming they landed on some soil, he could end up with an orchard. 🍎🍎🍎

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

1 hour ago, Purps said:

My logic says 1200km would be the answer. 

Was good at these as a kid, but not sure if that's the case anymore these days 😕

42 minutes ago, Purps said:

I can't hold myself much longer... 😈

Ok, let's ease your tention and set you free. You were right so probly reasoning is too, feel free to share. Some were close too but you are only one to graduate, grats.

Edited by Livertool
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Purps said:

@Livertool

Yeah, boys were getting close 😀

It is indeed all about the names, as @GR1ZZL3R and @WuDu suspected.

200km per character and 100km per consonant on top of that, and it all should match 🦆

I read as solution that vowel is 200 and consonant 300 but if your solution match for all words i guess it would be good too

• Thanks 1