Suggestions for Community 2.0!

@ReCorpH I changed the "Trending Topics" to basically be 4 latest threads with activity, across all boards. I excluded featured topics and featured the two that show in "Our Best Picks". So now it's basically a latest discussions like on the old platform, except the thread will only show once

The timeframe specified for the component is the topic creation date, so it can't really work with the "most commented" setting, as you'll then either only see very new topics or the same 4 old topics.

• Like 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

About the very limited amount of Likes, would suggest that other reactions like (sad/laughing) wouldn't simply be counted towards the ranking system at all, if technically possible. Well, maybe 'thanks' could favor the ranking up too. That way people could still show that the post is seen and noted, plus the "emotional response" to it if willing to do so, without taking any stance whether the post is good or bad, or should it help to rank up or not.
There's no downgrading dislike/minuspoints anyway, so it's kinda pointless to reduce the amount of all the available daily reactions for people to give when it comes to responding to posts.

Empty sensation of talking to a brick wall is not exactly encouraging force to bring up any thoughts or viewpoints, and the limitation of reactions can only lead to people saving those for "better" use later on, and eventually ending up them forgetting/not bothering to express anything because of that. Which is obviously bad, m'kay.

Sure, i guess it's fairly decent way to help measuring and to get a clue about the persons overall positive/negative impact to community's chatting in general, but the wide, golden middleway is now completely missing. 
Just saying 😉

giphy.gif

Sidenote, seems if you're typing a post more than 20-30min, it logs you out from the account instantly, erasing the whole text completely.
At least on tablet it couldn't be recovered, which is infuriating, but it gets saved on desktop when doing the same thing. 
Might be that just didn't tap the reply-box again on tablet, and tried to find it from profile like on the old forum..
On desktop the text was added again when clicking the reply, thankfully.

Edit. Exactly same thing as with the Quack above 😄

Edited by Rushbie

Also worth mentioning, that it's only possible to edit the posts once.
This just causes extra, unnecessary posts, like this one, because you can't add anything anymore to original post.
Doubt that makes it easier to follow and read the threads.

Edit. Seems the editing time is just a lot shorter now 🤔
image.png.50ae64c036ac49618bcab99d87996c99.png

Edited by Rushbie
Edit.1 To make a point. Edit 2 to test

2 hours ago, Rushbie said:

Seems the editing time is just a lot shorter now 🤔

Yeah, it's 5 minutes. I requested it to be extended to up to 30 minutes. But I think somewhere in the middle of that 10-15 minutes is fine too.

• Like 1

@ReCorpHList of changes just made. Feel free to revert them, if you don't agree, boss 🙂

I've excluded admins and mods from all leaderboards

- I've increased daily reactions allowed to 15

- I've edited the code for the "Our picks", so that there can be a maximum of 2 next to each other. On desktop we had up to 3 before, which doesn't work with the banners I made, as text and element is only partly visible

• Like 3

2 hours ago, psrquack said:

I would love seeing the last post of the topic at Trending Topics not the first one.

Not technically an option with this component from what I can see

EDIT: found where to edit the code, but I have 0 documentation on how it works, so will leave this with recorph and the supplier developers 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joco said:

Yeah, it's 5 minutes. I requested it to be extended to up to 30 minutes. But I think somewhere in the middle of that 10-15 minutes is fine too.

@Joco @Rushbie updated to 15 minutes. 

Also @ReCorpH for your approval 🙂

NB should add Recorph is off for a couple of days, so I'm helping out a bit in the meantime 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Not technically an option with this component from what I can see

EDIT: found where to edit the code, but I have 0 documentation on how it works, so will leave this with recorph and the supplier developers 🙂

Now it seems to go to last post, in this thread anways.

1 hour ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

@ReCorpHList of changes just made. Feel free to revert them, if you don't agree, boss 🙂

-

Can't like you anymore either, andys comment should have earned like in poker league 😀

Portrait view could be arranged better imo, with top users and onliners below our picks and trending. Don't know if it necessary to show so many solved and unresolved posts either if you need more room. They offer very little for very few.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

I don't think you should exclude yourself by disabling likes on admins/mods.

Likes are a way for users to give you their feedback after all.

Anyways it doesn't bother me that admins are on the leaderboard.

Even if you are planning for future rewards regarding it admins can be excluded at that time.

Edited by Joco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is there an option to bookmark a page, so when i would like to see something important what is in page 4 in this thread i could bookmark it? Yeah i know i can bookmark a page using my browser but sometimes i don't like a mess in it. In the past there were promos like for example French Open promo where daily questions were hard to find covered with tons of a,b,c,d answers. Option to highlight or bookmark a page should be available to author and a reader i think. 

@Joco @FreedoMMaybe i don't understand how following topic can help me, so please explain it to me. I am using AndreiBN tennis competition as an example. 100 pages, Andrei is posting  questions on page 89. I must look for them manually page by page, following a topic will send me notification every time somebody is posting an answer. I don't care about answers, i just want to know on which page there are the questions. 

If the author could have option to highlight important page in all this mess everybody would know straight away where to look for this important content.

Edited by Pesek

8 minutes ago, Pesek said:

@Joco @FreedoMMaybe i don't understand how following topic can help me, so please explain it to me. I am using AndreiBN tennis competition as an example. 100 pages, Andrei is posting  questions on page 89. I must look for them manually page by page, following a topic will send me notification every time somebody is posting an answer. I don't care about answers, i just want to know on which page there are the questions. 

If the author could have option to highlight important page in all this mess everybody would know straight away where to look for this important content.

In that case you can follow users/admins. So regarding your example you would be following Andrei and get notified whenever he creates a post. Your notifications will tell you in which topics the post was made so you can choose to view only the relevant ones. That would probably be the easiest way to accomplish what you are asking for.

Edited by Joco
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Really there isn't any way of escaping this nonsense anywhere? Why not all green so none could be hurt or feel left out, except aliens ofc. Sigh

IMG_20210422_182251.JPG

At some point I believe we'll make a new Unibet set of emojis 🙂 Just a question of designing them, as adding them on the site is super easy

6 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Really there isn't any way of escaping this nonsense anywhere? Why not all green so none could be hurt or feel left out, except aliens ofc. Sigh

IMG_20210422_182251.JPG

I wanted to choose skin tone for a cat but it didn't work.