The biggest-ever regularly recurring Unibet MTT - €40,000 Supermoon (bye, bye UK tour)

Stubbe-Unibet

spacer.png

With COVID likely having an impact on live poker for the foreseeable future, we have decided to permanently replace the UK tour with a new monthly online MTT. Say hello to the €250 buyin Supermoon with a guaranteed prizepool of €40,000! The tournament will start 20:00 CEST on the first Sunday of every month (1st tournament will be played the 2nd of May).

In true Unibet style we want to offer you the softest monthly €250 online tournament, and we'll be running as many qualifiers as the moon has impact craters. We're removing all UK tour qualifiers and adding a new satellite tree: 2c (Flips only) -> 40c (Flips and Normal) -> €2 (Flips and Normal)  -> €10 (Normal) -> €50 (Normal) -> €250. Furthermore, we'll be giving out Supermoon tickets in promotions and welcome offers for select markets!

In the beginning, we'll be running two weekly finals (€50 to €250); a 4 ticket GTD tournament Wednesday and 8 tickets GTD Sunday. That's a total of around 48 tickets for every event, or 30% of the guarantee.

The full qualifier schedule will be in the client as early as next week.

UK tour tickets will either be converted to bonuspoints or Supermoon tickets, depending on the value. If you've got any questions or complaints related to this, please send me a private message. Below a breakdown of the tickets and what will happen to them. The UK Tour tournaments and tickets will be actioned early next week (latest Wednesday).

Ticket Action
€0.2 UK Tour 20 bonuspoints will be credited
€1 UK Tour 100 bonuspoints will be credited
€5 UK Tour 500 bonuspoints will be credited
€10 UK Tour Ticket will be converted to Supermoon
€50 UK Tour Ticket will be converted to Supermoon
€250 UK tour Ticket will be converted to Supermoon

Question for all of you: do you prefer a 1-day tournament of around 7 hours, or would you rather make it a 2 day event with roughly 4 hours of play each day? 

• Like 16

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

@FreedoM wrote:

This is Awesome! 👍

Two Day MTT!

Question: Will the MTT have 1x Re-Entry?

Similar questions really @Stubbe-Unibet 

Is the final a straight FO or re buy and/or re-entry or add on or whatever? 

Are the satties all going to be the same format as the final, hopefully not like the UK and different formats for each stage.

How long will final tickets be valid for, in case of qualifying but unable to play the next final?

Thanks.

• Like 3

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

I prefer 1-day event, see no reason to make 7-8 hour long MTT to run over 2 days. If it would last around 10 hours then I would split it into 2 days.

In case you make it 2-day event, I do hope that tickets won to Supermoon will be valid for at least 90 days so one can choose which évent to play. After all, it's hard to know about one's schedule for 2 days in a row many weeks beforehand.

• Like 2

@FreedoM wrote:

This is Awesome! 👍

Two Day MTT!

Question: Will the MTT have 1x Re-Entry?

Yes, it'll be a 1 re-entry MTT :)

As for qualifier structure and schedule you'll just have to wait a few more days and it'll all be in the client for you to check out :)

It will be a bounty tournament btw, forgot to mention that in the original post.

• Like 3

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

I personally have no strong preference between 1 or 2 days (my Sunday sessions are long anyway) so I'm happy to go with majority on this one. This looks like a great addition to the schedule!
  • Like 2

@Stubbe-Unibet 

Are you opening up the satellite tree to Unibet Open tickets as well?

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

As a rec, Infernally long games, like 2days main every sunday, would require a whole lot faster blindlevels. Money is not the only reason to participate. Sorry.

(Edit. Or something to try and satellite to.)

Tempting, tho 👍

What is so exciting in two days? Beats me.

While there is good for reason for it if tourny is big enough moneywise and tons of players but what can we expect like max couple hundred players for this one so why strech it to two days?

Ofc you should listen to those that plan to play regulary, i am more like i might try it out sometime if it is one day thing and don't have to plan to use two days on it (Who am i kidding, no matter how many days it lasts, out in day 1 :waterfall:)

@penguin50 wrote:

I have 12 x 5 euro tickets about to expire in 3 hours and 1 x 50 euro expire in 9 hours

I have been waiting for them to be exchanged to bonus points and supermoon but has not been done yet.

can you extend them until you have chance to change them to bonus points/supermoon.

Thank you @Stubbe-Unibet @Andy-Unibet 

Hey @penguin50 

Your €50-ticket has been extended, your €5-tickets will be bonus points

• Like 1

I noticed the bonus points appear and wondered what the heck was going on. Only to find this thread which explains it all. I should probably pop in more.

It's a shame to see the back of the UK Tour, i was lucky enough to get to two of the live events and they were a lot of fun. I've played these satties more than anything else on Unibet, using them to satisfy my need for a little poker while not risking any actual funds. I'll have to get used to the rhythm of the new tourney, when to play satties etc. But i can see why it's been done given uncertainty over travelling. That said, i'm also glad the Unibet Open will still be a live event (eventually) as it gives something sweet to aim for. Malta was amazing and i'd love to go back again or get to another oversees event.

It would be good if the UK Tour returned once things are more settled.

• Like 2