How to Optimize Unibet to run smoother/less disconnections

Magicadil

Lately, I've been noticing a lot of people have been having disconnection problems. Since Unibet is resource heavy, the best way to have a smooth gaming experience is to use a newer computer. However, there are still ways you can optimize your current device to allow Unibet to run smoother.

Warning: When following the below only Unibet should be open. Close everything else, including internet browser, skype, etc.

1) We are going to start fresh. First uninstall Unibet Client completely.

You can do this by going to Control Panel < Programs and Features. After you locate Unibet, double click to uninstall.

z.thumb.PNG.a7355cf2f4d64847e009d066fbb34f3c.PNG

2) Next we're going to locate Adobe flash player, and do the same. If you have multiple flash players, you're going to want to uninstall them all. This is because sometimes older versions stay installed on your computer & end up causing script errors and freezes.

3) Locate Java and uninstall it as well

4) Restart your computer

5) Now that your computer is turned back on, first we're going to reinstall the latest version of Java: https://www.java.com/en/   <-- Follow the instructions, and once fully installed, move on to next step

6) Now we're going to reinstall the latest version of Adobe Flash: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ <-- (Uncheck the additional offers)

7) Now we're going to reinstall the Unibet client.

8) After Unibet client in installed, you should have shortcut on desktop. Right click and go to properties. Check 'Disable Visual Themes' and hit Apply.

c.PNG.fa63b3eec1871b8502ae40d1fae02c3d.PNG

Part 2 will be in my next post below since everything didn't show up here. Some parts got cut off.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

8 ) Next, open up the Unibet client but don't login.

9) Press CTRL ALT DEL and click 'Start Task Manager' Next locate Unibet in the tasks, right click, and set priority from 'Normal' to 'High'

r.PNG.ed0ff57ac4fee949f4b4c296990a0362.PNG

(Right click the highlighted above to set priority to high. You will be asked for confirmation)

Additional notes:

1) Always update Windows whever an update is available. You can check if you have automatic updates by going to Control Panel, 'Windows Updates'

2) Since you're changing priority from normal to high, make sure nothing else is running in the background. If you want to have internet browser as well, 'normal' priority works best.

3) If you're using wifi, make sure you have very good signal. Sit near the router or in an area where it's easy for the signal to reach you. For Unibet, wired connection works best.

4) If possible, always run Unibet as Admin. You can do this by right clicking the desktop shortcut.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

I debate

No idea why the previous post posted twice. Can  or one of the Mods please delete one of them. 

,  when I open the Unibet client & go to task manager & right click to set the priority from normal to high... I can't find where to do that. I don't think I have that option ? I've looked all over in the box that opens when you right click unibet in the task manager. I'm running Windows 10. Could that be the challenge ?

Always remember... You can be... do... or have anything your heart desires !

I only played 1 game and then the next one it bombed out again. I don't know what else to do ??? It's getting to me now & making me a bit depressed. I would love to play, but just can't get it right  😠 Can't wait for October for the new client to come out.

@Nestabear wrote:

I only played 1 game and then the next one it bombed out again. I don't know what else to do ??? It's getting to me now & making me a bit depressed. I would love to play, but just can't get it right  😠 Can't wait for October for the new client to come out.

Have you tried the browser version directly from the site instead? This is why I didn't upgrade to Windows 10, too many problems currently.

I debate

images.jpg.e1ba09f0b640d4e9b829a6d5403d5ed8.jpg

Gee-Wizz that was cool , I played a whole game with no troubles. I really appreciate the advice, now I can play on my favourite poker client again. :Laugh: When we meet I'm gonna sort you good Bruv, don't you worry. VERY VERY happy right now & its all your fault .  LOL 

Glad it worked for you mate :) Now you can enjoy the poker. 🆒

I debate

@Magicadil wrote:

@Nestabear wrote:

imgres.jpg.f13ca57f18b1a7ab990743746b6b8297.jpg

Have you tried the browser version directly from the site instead? This is why I didn't upgrade to Windows 10, too many problems currently.

@Magicadil  thank you so much again for the suggestion to play in the browser. Playing in the the browser is MUCH better for me. In the screen shot below you'll see in the left hand bottom corner, there is the dealer chat & it gives you all the stats, next level - next break - my position - average stack. When I was playing through the client this was not there & I had to switch back to the lobby to get this info. 3/4's of the time when I switched back to the lobby, it was just blank so I never knew my position & how many Peeps were left in the tourney. It was so frustrating & I can't tell you how many times I missed the money by a couple of places. Now, thanx to you I can play a whole game without getting kicked out or the game freezing & I've got all the information I need to make good decisions towards the end of the tourney. I'm so glad you informed me about playing directly off the browser. Its such a pleasure to play now. Big up Bruv !

magic.thumb.PNG.4f1e7231d43ada3f8a752c1d723d693a.PNG

my P.C. is 3 months old, but my internet connection sucks...@ the end of the month that will be sorted with a ADSL line and then I'll have a stable connection. Then I can start crunching the field !!! LOL so you better watch out.

@Nestabear wrote:

@ares263 my P.C. is 3 months old, but my internet connection sucks...@ the end of the month that will be sorted with a ADSL line and then I'll have a stable connection. Then I can start crunching the field !!! LOL so you better watch out.

What type of Internet connection are you using now? Dial -up ...😀

For Windows 10 especially, updates are extremely important. Framework updates will prevent script errors and freezes. A very stable commection is required to ensure stability. It seems you can get away with weaker connection on the browser version since less resources are being used.
I debate

@ares263 wrote:

@Nestabear wrote:

@ares263 my P.C. is 3 months old, but my internet connection sucks...@ the end of the month that will be sorted with a ADSL line and then I'll have a stable connection. Then I can start crunching the field !!! LOL so you better watch out.

What type of Internet connection are you using now? Dial -up ...:veryhapp:

Yes @ares263, I know its shocking, but I'm using a dail-up sonnection.  😞 

You need a big win this week so you can get better internet. I feel the poker Gods will grant you a huge win soon :cash: 😃

I debate

@Magicadil wrote:

@Nestabear You need a big win this week so you can get better internet. I feel the poker Gods will grant you a huge win soon :cash: 😃

Hahahahahaha @Magicadil@ how strange...I feel the same thing. Was almost last night. I was in the top 3 on 3 different tables on 3 different poker sites & the power was cut. 😠 It's called a blackout over heare & we have them often. Power only came back on @ 3 o'clock in the morning. Here's to the weekend...

images.jpg.3c9bb0b8744e57786a848c9cd484d7f4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The current bug with cards/players avatars/chips disappearing seems to be a client based issue. A lot of people are experiencing it, and while the current solution is to reload the table, I have found that it occurs a lot less frequently on the browser version & mobile devices.

I debate

Archived