Verification Errors, Constantly...

AV_Brady

Hi all, 

Felt like this is my last resort in trying to get my account verified.

I was requested to do this on 09/12/20 initially, so I immediately uploaded all documents as required. The security team then came back and said they needed a different proof of address as well as proof of Apple Pay deposit. I immediately uploaded another posted bank statement and my poof of the deposit.

Flash forward to today where again I am now being asked for another proof of address. I am really at a loss as to what else I can send and why nothing I do upload is being accepted. So far, I have submitted at least (in no particular order);

- x2 PDF Bank Statements

- x4 Bank Statement letters

- x5 Photos of me holding ID

- x2 Photos of ID (Driving Licence and Passport)

- Proof of Apple Pay from within my iPhone app and bank account

I am sure I'm missing more I have sent but long and short, nothing is being accepted.

So Im now asking for help if someone else has had this many errors (seems like this is a common thing with Unibet) and how I can get this approved as I am now sick of uploading correct documents only for the security team to come back with the same "unfortunately we need a different proof of address as requested by the security team".

I have been through Live Chat loads of times and still no luck, so any actual help and consideration would be appreciated.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now pushing onto a month with no reply and yet another 2 bank statements sent, a photo of my passport and 3 more photos of me holding ID/proof of address...

Any chance of some help @ReCorpH? Seems like I am one of many who are having the exact same problem even though I have provided above and beyond what I have been requested to.

Handing over this much personal data in this day and age is an obvious data protection risk.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

This is the same error I have been experiencing recently. I contacted unibet to withdraw my funds almost a month ago, and each agent seems to require different things from me. After sending bank statements over, no updates were given until I had to probe, and the reply would be something different. It has dragged on until now, and only today did I send another set of bank statements over. I wonder when there'll be any response, or if I have to probe after a few days again.

• 3 weeks later...

I am being afflicted by the same issue. Impossible for this not to be intentional. If you look at Unibet's TrustPilot reviews you'll see dozens of issues like ours. They seem to use the verification process as a means to stop - for as long as they can get away with - players from withdrawing funds. I have taken dozens of pictures now with multiple different proofs of address but they still send me round the houses and never let me speak to the 'security' team. I think the only way round it will be to take Unibet - called Platinum Gaming Limited in the UK - to court through a civil money order.

Very happy for a customer service person on here to prove me wrong... I've got all the documents in front of me and my camera ready to go. Can send you proof of address next to my face... My passport.... Can say my name in reverse will balancing a bucket of water on my head... Anything you request.

• Like 1

@Armojoe, welcome to the community! :) I've archived a couple of your posts, as you posted the same in 3 different threads (spamming isn't allowed).

Your logic has quite a few flaws. First of all, you can easily check the financials of Kindred Group, and there's absolutely no financial reason for us not to pay out asap. It's not like customers don't come back after making their first withdrawal, so it's never in our interest for anyone to have issues with payments, which might make them go to a competitor. If we were to completely ignore all regulatory requirements and simply focus on the bottom line, we'd process a lot more withdrawals straight away, without requesting any documents.

I can see it hasn't been 72 hours since you sent the documents, so I'm afraid there's nothing to do but be patient and wait for them to be reviewed. I do apologize for the delay :)

NB a video of you balancing a bucket of water while saying your name in reverse can't help with the verification, but I'll be happy to send a few tickets your way for such a video!

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

Well let's see if I'm verified. It has actually been longer than 72 hours because they decided to reject my previous images without any explanation last month. I've submitted about 12 different ones now. Each time I'm told to submit another without any detail on how I failed the previous time. I cannot speak to the verification team myself, I have to go through multiple customer service people who aren't especially helpful.

It might sound conspiratorial but go and read Unibet's TrustPilot reviews and the posts on this very forum. 100s and 100s of posts detailing what I am going through, many for weeks on end with no resolution. It is extremely clear that you intentionally use the verification process to block withdrawals unreasonably. No matter what images I submit you will reject them without justification. I'll wait the 72 hours but if it's not approved afterwards then I'll do a money claim order through the civil courts. It's very easy and inexpensive.

• Like 1

@Armojoe, again, that would just be a completely insane business decision that simply doesn't make any sense :)

If the documents haven't been approved within 72 hours of sending in the latest document, let us know on here, and @ReCorpH can take care of it.

We have millions of customers, and more than a million individuals playing every month, so of course there'll be a fair amount of complaints, as people don't like sending in documents - I didn't either, the first time I was asked - and as you can see from cases on here, it's sometimes 3rd party usage or fraud cases, where the customer still tries to hurt by complaining in public. I worked in customer support several years ago, and I've seen countless examples of simple instructions not being followed, leading to rejections and multiple requests for new documents - no longer have access to those systems, so can't say what happened in your case :)

• Like 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

I will be sure to do that, thank you. I don't think it would be an insane business decision, though. You can read countless cases of individuals who might want to withdraw a small amount but are then deterred from doing so by being put through this seemingly endless process of sending document after document and image after image to a nameless verification team that customers are never able to talk to directly. I imagine such people give up after a few weeks and simply forget their small amount of money. I am attempting to recover a fairly large amount so clearly I won't be giving up easily. To improve the process, I'd suggest Unibet:

1) act in line with every other gambling site I have ever used and adopt a more sensible verification process. All these other websites simply require a picture of ID and a utility bill/bank statement. They also approve the documents in minutes generally. Unibet not only ask for these documents but also ask customers to hold them in a very specific way that is actually quite difficult to do whilst taking a selfie.

2) when the verification team reject a document it would be quite useful if they provided at least a scintilla of information about why said document was rejected. What happens at present is the verification team tell customer service to send an email saying "please upload an alternative proof of address." This has happened to me multiple times now over the last week and I have no idea what it is that I am doing wrong so I have to upload a new image and hope for the best.... but it's always rejected and I have to wait an addition 48-72 hours. Imagine how immensely frustrating this is, particularly given that I'm 99% sure I am holding the utility bill and my passport correctly in the very high resolution images I've sent.

3)  don't lie to customers and tell them that cases cannot be expedited because everybody must be dealt with in order. I know this is wrong because I asked a friend to create an account and upload the sort of documents that I am being asked to send and his account was verified within a couple of hours without issue. If customers were verified in order of submission then this would not have happened and I should have been dealt with before him/her. Lying to customers is, I think, quite "insane," mainly because it makes them deeply suspicious and untrusting.

4) amend the document upload protal on the website so that people can actually upload all of the documents that Unibet will ultimately request in order to withdraw funds. At present customers can only upload three images, namely an image of their passport, an image of their face next to their passport and an image of their proof of address. In practice, seemingly for some customers and not others, the customer service team will then email and say this isn't sufficient and you must send an image of your face next to your proof of address too. You then enter the loop of hell cycle in which it's possibly the case that one team of Unibet doesn't adequately speak to another and then the customer ends up being asked to resubmit things he/she has already submitted.

5) allow customers to delete the images they've uploaded to the document upload portal themselves so that they can start the process again. At present, customers are told their documents don't satisify the requirements (without detail as to why) and are told to send across new documents/images by email. I think this might be resulting in confusion as the portal still has the old images submitted which could then be confused or mixed up with the ones additionally submitted by email. It add even more loops customers are asked to jump through... 

6) when a customer, like myself, has consumed a week of his/her time taking various images of proofs of address/ID/face with said documents to no avail, the case should be escalated so that they are dealt with rapidly. Clearly they're doing something wrong and, given the lack of detail on what they're doing wrong that's provided, it would be helpful to have the assistance of somebody in the verification team directly who can explain the issue and then get them to upload the images and send them direct to them. It's clear from looking at these forums and TrustPilot that verification is causing a lot of problems for a large number of customers yet... Unibet does nothing to improve the process. That's also "insane." I imagine many people are genuinely engaged in fraud and a process is needed but, as per point 1, Unibet's procedures vastly exceed those of its competitors.

Anyhow... I look forward to waiting an additional two days for a human to look at four images. I imagine they'll be rejected so I then very much hope @ReCorpH can directly assist me with the process as you suggest. 

Thanks, 

Joe

Hey @Armojoe!

I'll take a look at your case but let me comment on a few things: 

1) act in line with every other gambling site I have ever used and adopt a more sensible verification process. All these other websites simply require a picture of ID and a utility bill/bank statement. They also approve the documents in minutes generally. Unibet not only ask for these documents but also ask customers to hold them in a very specific way that is actually quite difficult to do whilst taking a selfie.

There are multiple different verification processes that all gambling sites have. There are multiple reasons why different verification processes are triggered, and this is not something that is made public. Most verification cases are sorted within hours. 

2) when the verification team reject a document it would be quite useful if they provided at least a scintilla of information about why said document was rejected. What happens at present is the verification team tell customer service to send an email saying "please upload an alternative proof of address." This has happened to me multiple times now over the last week and I have no idea what it is that I am doing wrong so I have to upload a new image and hope for the best.... but it's always rejected and I have to wait an addition 48-72 hours. Imagine how immensely frustrating this is, particularly given that I'm 99% sure I am holding the utility bill and my passport correctly in the very high resolution images I've sent.

Once we reject a document, we must choose a reason for rejecting it which in most cases should send an automatic email such as: "Your document didn't meet the quality requirement, please upload a new picture in higher quality". Could you check your spam folder as well and confirm you have not received any communication about this? If that's the case I will pass that along.

3)  don't lie to customers and tell them that cases cannot be expedited because everybody must be dealt with in order. I know this is wrong because I asked a friend to create an account and upload the sort of documents that I am being asked to send and his account was verified within a couple of hours without issue. If customers were verified in order of submission then this would not have happened and I should have been dealt with before him/her. Lying to customers is, I think, quite "insane," mainly because it makes them deeply suspicious and untrusting.

As mentioned before, we have multiple different verification processes that are handled from different queues. 

4) amend the document upload protal on the website so that people can actually upload all of the documents that Unibet will ultimately request in order to withdraw funds. At present customers can only upload three images, namely an image of their passport, an image of their face next to their passport and an image of their proof of address. In practice, seemingly for some customers and not others, the customer service team will then email and say this isn't sufficient and you must send an image of your face next to your proof of address too. You then enter the loop of hell cycle in which it's possibly the case that one team of Unibet doesn't adequately speak to another and then the customer ends up being asked to resubmit things he/she has already submitted.

We don't allow customers to upload documents without them being requested, that would only cause extra queues and the verification process for the ones that are requested would be slower.

5) allow customers to delete the images they've uploaded to the document upload portal themselves so that they can start the process again. At present, customers are told their documents don't satisify the requirements (without detail as to why) and are told to send across new documents/images by email. I think this might be resulting in confusion as the portal still has the old images submitted which could then be confused or mixed up with the ones additionally submitted by email. It add even more loops customers are asked to jump through...

I'm not quite sure what you mean with this. Do you mean if you receive communication that your documents have not been accepted, you should be able to delete the previous picture and start the process again? When we reject a document the upload function should be there again. If for some reason you have been told that the documents are rejected and it's not actually rejected in the system the function will not open. If this is the case, that's a mistake on our end.

6) when a customer, like myself, has consumed a week of his/her time taking various images of proofs of address/ID/face with said documents to no avail, the case should be escalated so that they are dealt with rapidly. Clearly they're doing something wrong and, given the lack of detail on what they're doing wrong that's provided, it would be helpful to have the assistance of somebody in the verification team directly who can explain the issue and then get them to upload the images and send them direct to them. It's clear from looking at these forums and TrustPilot that verification is causing a lot of problems for a large number of customers yet... Unibet does nothing to improve the process. That's also "insane." I imagine many people are genuinely engaged in fraud and a process is needed but, as per point 1, Unibet's procedures vastly exceed those of its competitors.

We are absolutely trying to improve the processes and make it as smooth as possible for the customers. We have no reason to do otherwise. As Stubbe mentioned before, the number of complaints you see compared to the number of verification cases processed is extremely small. If people were to post about the successful and fast verification cases in the same ratio they do about the ones that are prolonged, you wouldn't even see the complaints as they would be drowned in the positive posts.

And from a personal experience, I've had to deal with verifications in the past and I've been asked to provide a picture of me holding my ID and a piece of paper on the other hand where I've handwritten the date and my username so I know similar processes are used elsewhere. With all that being said, I'll take a look at the case and try to get an update for you. 

@ReCorpH I appreciate your extensive response. I really like Unibet as a site as I think it has a nice layout and quite good odds but in comparison to others the verification process is extraordinary burdensome. 

The only email I recieved was exactly the same as the one yesterday, even though I have not submitted any extra documents. It says: 

Dear Joe, Thank you for sending in the documentation. We will contact you again once the verification checks have been completed. Please allow up to 72 hours as all documents are taken in the order they are received. Thank you for your patience, Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

As I say, I haven't submitted any extra documents between the time I received exactly the same email from his colleague Mia and today. I was told I'd have to wait up to 72 hours yesterday but now Jamie has reset it? I have to wait even longer...? Bare in mind this has been going on since the end of January. I know you've got the power to expidite cases from your previous posts and I am very happy to send you the four images I have most recently sent to CS (all of which I believe certainly meet the specific requirements). I would be incredibly grateful if you could help me out on this as I wanted to withdraw a portion of my Unibet funds to help pay for a relative funeral... And I really don't want to be dealing with a 

@ReCorpH Got a response... As I predicted they asked for the EXACT same documents I have sent multiple times now over the last week. It is utterly insane. How long can this go on for? Can you PLEASE help me. I beg you. I cannot do this for much longer as it is driving me mad. I'll end up doing the small claims courts route as it seems simpler (I already filled in the forms as they're so simple!)

@ReCorpH Honestly... how is this not intentional. Originally it stipulated the pictures needed to show my index finger and thumb, now it needs to show my entire arm (it is 90% in the picture but it is very difficult to take a selfie holding a piece of A4 paper with my full face and arm in shot). Next, once I meet this requirement I'll get another email saying "please ensure we can see 100% of each of your ears" or "please make sure we can see your eyes more clearly." It's totally nuts. Please help me. I can send you the pictures. You will see they are being totally unreasonable. This has gone on since the end of January.

Hey,

Please don't send me the pictures directly, I can access the case and view them. I'll check what was requested and why it has been requested. I assure you that we have no reason to intentionally prolong the verification processes, it would not be good business at all. 

I'll get back to you asap!

After very many days - and thanks to the brilliant and tanacious help of @ReCorpH - my Unibet account was verified and I was finally allowed to withdraw money. I would encourage Unibet to hire more people like @ReCorpH to help customers on this forum who feel like they're hitting their head against a brick wall. He was the only voice of reason through the process!

Clearly Unibet needs to improve its verification process to stop users having to enter a customer service loop of hell but at least they're willing to pay winners. 

• Like 5