Poker: Paused tournaments cancelled and refunds issued as per cancellation policy at https://cf-mt-cdn1.relaxg.com/chew/rules/com/en_GB/tournament_cancellation_policy/. Only cash games will run overnight. ×

Usa election

Duffster

You are more than right! 

"... Once a final tally of voters’ in-person, mail-in and provisional ballots has been concluded, all 50 governors prepare their state’s Certificate of Ascertainment, a document listing their electors for the competing candidates.

Each state completes that process at its own rate. This year, because of the pandemic, finalizing the electoral vote count will likely take a lot longer. Once completed, copies of the Certificate of Ascertainment are then submitted to the U.S. Archivist.

After the governor submits names to the Archivist, each state’s Electoral College electors meet in the state capital – D.C.‘s meet in D.C. – to formally cast their votes for president and vice president on the first Monday after the second Wednesday in December. This year, that’s Dec. 14, 2020.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/who-formally-declares-the-winner-of-the-us-presidential-election/ar-BB191vmQ

Established almost 250 years ago, this complex process is a foundation of American democracy. Many have questioned whether this antiquated system truly represents the will of the people in modern America.

But for 2020, it remains the process that will decide the presidential race."

More!

"You might think that the person who receives the most votes wins, right?

Wrong.

Just ask Al Gore, who in 2000 won more than half-a-million votes more than the “winner”, George W. Bush.

In fact, on four occasions in American history (1824, 1876, 1888, and 2000), the winner of the presidential election actually received fewer votes than their opponent.

This is because, contrary to popular belief, voters do not actually elect the president.

Voters are merely indicating a preference for president, but the task of actually electing the president falls to 538 individual electors to the US Electoral College...."

And... "

To win the presidency, a candidate needs an absolute majority vote in the Electoral College, which is half plus one, or 270. This is why you will hear a lot about the magic number “270” on Election Day.

If no one wins an absolute majority of the Electoral College, then the election is decided by a vote in the US House of Representatives, which has occurred on just one occasion (1824)."

https://theconversation.com/how-is-the-american-president-elected-67632

@Kitty_Bhadra, not really sure what you are on about or how any of it is relevant. Of course it's not winner by popular vote but electoral votes. No one is disputing that fact.

See https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/Betting-and-Sports/When-does-Unibet-settle-election-winner-bets/m-p/361745#M44996

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

Unibets official statement is that B.5.2

Settlements of bets will not include any changes deriving from and/or attributable to, but not limited to: disqualifications, penalisations, protests, sub judice results/or successive changes to the official result after the event has been completed and a result has been announced, even preliminary.

I have not seen official results or announcments from the Electoral College, Supreme Court or Senate!!!

If the official statement is not announced and Trump wins the presidency thought court, then unibet will be sent a legal letter of intent to sue.

• Like 2

I have got the answer like this... 
Disgusting!!!! So now the TV decides who is the president. It's soooo wrong!!! Shame on them!!!
"Thank you for contacting Unibet Support 
We understand your point, however, please be informed about why did we settle the bets:  On the main offer, Winning Candidate, it states: “Winner decided by who reaches the required number of Electoral Votes on Election day. If there is no clear winner on election day the offer will be settled as soon as a candidate is projected to win beyond reasonable doubt.” 
In the above description we have mentions of projections. This means that once we had a consensus among the big media companies (first and foremost AP, followed by NBC, CNN and FOX) that a candidate is projected to win the election we were OK to settle it.

What happens if Trump will be declared winner in court and he will become the new president months later, or if there will be a new election?
We will stick to our rules below: 
Please refer to T&C Section below:
B.5.1
Result Settlement 1) When settling results Unibet will do its utmost to attain itself to information obtained first hand (during or exactly after the event has been concluded), through TV transmissions, streaming (web-based and through other sources) as well as official sites. Should this information be omitted from first hand viewing and/or official sources and/or there is an obvious Error in the information included in the sources above, the settlement of the bet offer will be based on other public sources.
B.5.2
Settlement of bets will not include any changes deriving from and/or attributable to, but not limited to: disqualifications, penalisations, protests, sub judice results and/or successive changes to the official result after the event has been completed and a result has been announced, even preliminarily. For bets referring to competitions which span over more than 1 round/stage (E.g,:.Season Bets), only amendments effecting bets which settlement has not been decided yet will be taken into consideration. Such measures must be announced by the governing association before the last scheduled round/stage will be considered. Any changes effected after this date, or else referring to bets which have already been settled based on events happening during the event/competition will not be considered.

This means we settled all our bets when multiple sources have declared a winner. If this outcome gets changed at a later stage first official settlement will stand.

Should you have any questions or doubts please feel free to let us know 
We wish you a great day! 

What's the big deal/panic? For now Unibet took a decision, if somehow the result will be something else, then i'm sure Unibet will make it right. Is it necessary to come here with threads and and drama? It doesn't accomplish nothing. Where are all the drama free/civilized adults? :wonder:

• Like 1

Can someone tell me in plain English, that if it turns out major fraud has happened, and Donald Trump wins in court, is Unibet then required to pay out to the people that placed theit bets on Trump or not??

If so happen, this wil be such a mess...

• Like 1

Disclaimer:  I have not had a bet on the U.S. election and am unlikely to ever have a bet on politics..................ever.

It seems to me from all these frenzied threads that some people are missing the point. The main question as I see it:

Have UB settled these bets in accordance with the terms and conditions at the time the bets were placed and accepted? If the answer is Yes then there is no more discussion to be had. 

As a quick follow up, can anyone show a bet that has not been settled according to those terms and conditions?

• Like 1

"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?"

No, unibet just sent me their terms and it says "...changes to the official result after the event has been completed and a result has been announced, even preliminary."

There have been no official results and there is plausible doubt that the elections have been compromised.

@emilk Thanks for the answer but I'm not sure what you mean. Has your bet been settled according to the terms and conditions prevailing at the time the bet was made, or contrary to those terms?

"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?"

@emilk wrote:

There have been no official results and there is plausible doubt that the elections have been compromised.

All Americans are celebrating and dancing but you say no official results... The odds are 1.01-1.05 for Biden in this moment. You can bet more on Trump  at odds 20 if you still think he can win.

According to their own conditions, the bet that was made, is settled contrary to the terms.

The terms say that there needs to be a official statement, even if its preliminary, it has to be official.

There is none, the bet is settled on the basis, that the projected winner is J.Biden and there is no reasonable doubt about the results.

Unfortunately there is alot of doubt about the elections integrity, it does not matter what the "media" says, the people have voiced their concerns and multiple lawsuits are being brought to court in Pennsylvania, Arizona, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nevada and more. Supreme Court ordered that the main-in ballots received during the election day and in person ballots MUST be separated, which was not done and a full audit has been ordered and this is one of many cases. https://triblive.com/news/pennsylvania/u-s-supreme-court-justice-orders-pa-counties-to-separate-but-keep-counting-late-arriving-mail-ballots/

Dead people voting, double voting, software errors, legal poll watchers denied to inspect the ballot counting for 24h and many more cases.

• Like 2

@ReCorpH wrote:

As far as I'm aware, all our bets have been settled in accordance to our T&C. The T&C has also been explained here multiple times and can be found on few posts in Here 

Thankyou @ReCorpH 

And that there is my whole point. I'm "officially" declaring the whole debate closed. :Rofl:

Im sorry, but the election is decided by Electoral College, Supreme Court or Senate.

There has not been any official statements. The media does not decide the elections, not Merkel or any other foreign body as well.

• Like 2

"This means that once we had a consensus among the big media companies (first and foremost AP, followed by NBC, CNN and FOX) that a candidate is projected to win the election we were OK to settle it."

This must be some kind of joke, right?

• Like 3