"Proving the playbook" My recorded journey from fun player to regular slayer

absolutetanka

Hi all,

My name is Ahamed. I am 33 and live in the South of England. I have played poker for over 15 years, as a fun player. Never committed to the hard graft that is needed to become a consitent winning player and that is about to change.

10900030_10155001225105436_7799952714272448049_o.thumb.jpg.44290926ec1f1d88944c6ab1e00dd8c5.jpg <<<<<<<<<<<<<< ME

Here we will blog and record this journey. My intention is to make that switch within a year. I also want to provide others with the proof needed that with good bankroll management, study, planning and discipline to mention a few things that you can make that ambitous change too.

I was made redundant two days ago from a travel agency I have worked at for 10 years to this exact day, this is something I have wanted for a while as I was not enjoying my job and have been unchallenged for a long time.

We begin in around 10 minutes working with my poker tutor on a weekly plan and I will return on here to update on here LIVE ON TWITCH NOW

I welcome your comments, questions and ideas. Perhaps you would live to join me on this journey.

I've never written a blog so bare with me on this journey. I have other ambitous goals I am working on and am sharing my journey of most of them on my socials.

You can find me at the following locations

TWITCH> www.twitch.com/absolutetanka

INSTAGRAM> https://www.instagram.com/breakinpoint/

TWITTER> https://twitter.com/BreakinPoint

DISCORD> https://discord.gg/zHsEKKBHtC

• Like 13
“I'd rather be an optimist and a fool than a pessimist and right.” ― Albert Einstein

Hi Monk, I will begin from the bottom at hold em 4nl with a bankroll of 50, but will bump to 200 soon. I have been playing on pokerstars for all these years but will be focusing on unibet with the excellent rakeback advised by my wonderful tutor. Raul.... who is also active in here.

Me and Raul have done 5-10 hours already and he is the perfect tutor, I cannot compliment him enough. I will be more so in my blogs as we will be spending a lot more time working toegther.

Update soon already as we are about to finish a session where we have created my weekly plan.

• Like 4
“I'd rather be an optimist and a fool than a pessimist and right.” ― Albert Einstein

Raul and myself have set a very solid weekly schedule to add structure to my week revolving around the poker journey.

We have done this on google sheets and for transparency, accountability and for the benefit of everyone it is viewable (only viewable of course) via the link below.

Proving the playbook (My weekly schedule) 

See the cropped picture below for an idea of whats in the sheet.

24158752_playbookcrop.thumb.PNG.18bf898102a42d62f15ef03f4a350efd.PNG

I will be streaming most if not all of my poker sessions but be prepared if you jump in that I will be playing games (guilt free :Rofl:) as well as streaming meetings etc.

More to come.... any suggestions welcome, especially on how best to blog this journey!

• Like 2

Hi all following,

(boring bit)

As I only signed up to the forum recently I was unaware of the activities and blogs before and I am spending a lot of time reading through them for many reasons. To gain perspective of the past here in the forums. Gain insight from your own experiences (many zero to hero stories) and to also show some respect as what can I bring? (a noobie to the forum)

There has already been positive responses and a couple of heads swinging by the stream to say hello. This is so wholesome and I know this to be the right place to record the journey. Allow me time to read through most of the past blogs, I am very much enjoying it so far. I do wish to bring as much value as possible with this blog so reading others will help in doing this. I am already brainstorming ideas for the collective.

Fun bit

So today we begin playing as per my daily schedule.... 4nl and streaming every session possible. I'm already behind in reading and studying but want to start playing asap. So to the disapointment of myself and my tutor, im skipping the reading and  the study today. A clearly reckless and naive move but I will be better prepared tomorrow. I have spent the better of 2 hours simply adjusting alerts on twitch. My time could be better spent on the reading but we recognize this and move on.

This journey will be no cuts, no bull❤️♥️❤️, no hiding and its going to be messy at times. Nothing great comes easy. We begin at 1845 gmt.....

https://www.twitch.tv/absolutetanka

• Like 5

1 week in.  (apologies in advance of the scrappy post, hopefully it keeps some attention, I really just want to put something down to end the week)

This is what the schedule looks like and its completion or non completion you could say.

aaaa.thumb.PNG.a6c1ce52b64b4e39ef7182f11150de85.PNG

Lets look at the obvious here.

I am not reading like I wanted to, why? I am not studying poker, why? I am not going to be before midnight, why?

These are questions I will ask myself. Now we are accountable to others and I will have my teacher looking over my shoulder, I won't be able to hide away from my avoidance. I will be able get down to a fundamental level of understanding of why I am not doing these important things and fix them, or find ways to install them into my day. I mean, at the end of the day. Its all about whether my ambition matches my graft. If it doesn't then give up or fix up. 

But fix up so it is sustainable.

So thats one glaring obvious from this week. Lets look at the fun bit, the scores.

scores.thumb.PNG.536d6bf90a3cb84031c29757150f8a10.PNG

We played for a total of around 14 hrs from tuesday to Sunday, we streamed every single session and this is of course a very small sample size of whats to come.

I am still figuring out a balance between concentration and management of the streama and focus on the playing. This is becoming easier and I am really enjoying it so far. Thankyou to the heads in here who have joined, watched, supported and given guidance. It is much appreciated. You all so damn wholesome. thankyou.

I made a lot of mistakes and I can't single many out for you here. I have all play recorded to review some with raul but who doesn't like figures so here they are for now.

Overall this week, has been overwhelmingly positive. I'm learning what makes me tick and what doesn't. What needs fixing and where my strengths are but most importantly I am PATIENT enough to know this is a long process and COMMITED enough to see this through to the TOP.

Also today  In the sessions I played a 0.25c bounty tourny for one of unibets challenge. I had a group zoom "crypto/shooting the breeze" scheduled meeting to facilitate for my "collective" that started  at 8 and had to play it for the whole 2.5hr meeting and managed to win the :Heart::Hearts::Heart: thing. My multitasking is one of those strengths lol

I have a lot of lessons planned for making the stream more exciting and in video editing so look forward to all that in the next few months.

Heres a short clip from the stream.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/796296522

Ahamed, aka absolutetanka over and out

• Like 2

@absolutetanka You need to start dropping your fun player / part time player mentality if you want too truly succeed in poker, also you should study more than you play in the beginning. If you are not serious about it, just cut your loses and quit now. If you are, then, honestly you need to cut all the BS from your Schedule, especially Nano MTTs. You took the Cash Game route, stick to it. If you keep putting this short hours and keep skipping study time. Sorry to tell you, but it's not gonna happen. Either way, Good Luck!

• Like 1

Some obviously good points in there. I do also think you are missing out on a main objective of mine and that is record the process from start to finish, all flaws and all. This is where the value will come for this blog. Not whether I make it or not.

Life is not all black and white for everyone, one cannot simply change mentality, habits and skills overnight and have it be sustainable. This schedule was put in place a week ago and will evolve. It's also not just about poker. I've included things in there I see as beneficial to my life. Some will go, some will be added. I am not just going to be recording my poker, but my day to day or week to week thought processes. 

It is not always enough to "be serious" about something. In my experience there are many ridiculous obstacles we has humans put in our own way. Mentally and physically. So you may see some of this as BS but I have my own reasoning for it. 

Let me say this, I have had to pick up from the absolute start in life. Mentally and physically having to rebuild myself in a way that can match my ridiculous amount of ambition. Poker being a small portion of it. 

I hope that my reply gives you more of an idea of how this process of "mine" will be showcased warts and all. It may turn out its not valuable to the community here at all. But I know it is to some outside already. 

Anyway, you watch bro. I am going to blow the bloody doors of this joint within a year or die trying, 

Salute

• Like 1

This is a good question and I guess because I always have dinner, I have not included it in the war map cos its nevever mised.

Party because I have a terrible history of missing breakfast and lunch (which I have included). Perhaps when I start having breakfast and lunch everyday, I then start missing dinner and then have to include it lol 

@laifstaile wrote:

this shows priorities...no dinner...more poker... @P0kerM0nk...let´s see if that helps...GL...

@laifstaile If you knew how skinny I am... no dinner would be no life so no poker for me 🤣

@absolutetanka had a look for a min at your stream and one thing I will say is, top up every time you can, you were sitting there with €3.70 at one 4NL table. I know it's annoying not having auto top up on Unibet but it's not that hard to top up on desktop anymore, you can double click above that top up icon for it without having to move your mouse. I do it all the time and don't see why you would want to play with less than 100bb. Good luck.

• Like 2

A good spot and its because I can keep an eye on what I am winning or losing. Even though I agreed not to look at the balance for this is exact reason.

I found a hack without realising I was hacking. I will reload whenever possible now and continue NOT TO CHECK BALANCE!

• Like 1