Visa Debit Deposit Fees, Canada

Hello!

Brand new here. I made a $250.00 CAD deposit, with a credit card (that is indeed a Visa Debit Card) but the total single charge was $264.46 CAD.

Perhaps I've misread the fees/terms of deposit transactions, but I'm curious where the additional $14.46 CAD came from? I thought credit card deposit transactions were fee-less.

@PoliticalBets wrote:

Hello!

Brand new here. I made a $250.00 CAD deposit, with a credit card (that is indeed a Visa Debit Card) but the total single charge was $264.46 CAD.

Perhaps I've misread the fees/terms of deposit transactions, but I'm curious where the additional $14.46 CAD came from? I thought credit card deposit transactions were fee-less.

At Unibet Norway they did pay back to you the fee if you did deposit with a Visa Debit Card, but they don`t do that anymore. I have asked the support on mail, because it is not easy to reach them at Live Chat. But I hardly got any answer..

And now is the minimum deposit with Visa, 400,-NOK, about 57 Canadian dollars.. Crazy, and nobody cares..

But you have to ask @ReCorpH if you want an answer here :)

Hey @PoliticalBets and welcome to the Community!

I do not see any fees taken from our side, I can ask our payments department to take a look further and see if they know, but guessing from past experience this is a charge put in place by your bank. Please let me know if you wish for me to escalate this and I'll do so, or if you wish to ask from your bank. :)