Are you the wiz of the community in Premier League?

Hoovers

Here´s your chance to prove that it´s YOU who knows all there is to know about The Premier League. The competition is about predicting the top 6 teams in the PL series;

You shall predict witch 6 premier league teams will be the best this season. You have to post the order from 1 to 6.

But it´s not quite that easy. Each week, starting 17/9 ,the standings at Saturday 11:00 ( or at least before the first match of the day if I don´t get out of bed in time) will decide how many points you get each week.

If your teams is among the top 6 you get 1 point for each correct team.If you also have your team(s) in the actual correct position, you get another 2 points for each correct position.

To be clear about it - You predict Man U as number one. Every week that Man U is top 6 , you get 1 point. Every week they are number one you get another 2 points - total 3 points and so on for all of your 6 teams. Maximum for the Wiz is 18 points every week.

Then we just add up every week and at 24/12 ( no we don´t count postponed matches played after this date) we´ll know whos the PL Wiz of the community.

Lastly, you must guess the leading team's points 24/12 before the competition starts - in the event of a dead heat we'll decide the winner by the closest guess. If 2 members or more have the exact teams in the exact order and the same guess on points, its the person posting first who win vs the other.

So to lay your hands on one of the precious prizes , because there will be prizes you want to grab - trust me, and more important the bragging rights: Post your 6 teams in the order you think will give you the most points no later than 9/9 20.00 CET , tell your teams to behave and follow the outcome with reports every week in the thread.

When in a hurricane, some people build shelters while others build windmills.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guarantee that we’ll throw in some prizes for this awesome competition, but I’d like to see how many participants we get before we determine the prizes – e.g. it wouldn’t make sense to add €500 prizes if we’re only 30 members competing against each other. Hoovers made a terrific job monitoring Rio promo (despite some setup mistakes from my side), and I’m convinced he’ll run this competition with the same professional approach.

The winner will also get this prestigious wizard-badge:

Wizzard.png.c0aa1a01220c95aaaece805843265da2.png

Give it up for Hoovers for his amazing work on this competition!

Former community moderator

@Evarb wrote:

We have to post our top 6 every pl week or just post it once ?

Good question. You post it once, i take responsibility for doing the running scores and the info every week , with some cheering for the leader.

When in a hurricane, some people build shelters while others build windmills.

Can you only edit your posts once ? Well anyways I'm just going to repost.

1  Chelsea

2.  Manchester City

3.  Everton

4.  Aersenal

5.  Manchester United

6.  Liverpool

The leading team will have 48 points by Christmass

Always remember... You can be... do... or have anything your heart desires !

Really nice initiative @Hoovers. 👍 Just one tiny thing, at first I didn't even realize this was a competition, I just glossed over the topic on the front page because I thought someone was bragging, lol. But then I went into the promotions section to read the Bingo competition thread and saw that this was in here as well and decided to have a look anyway - and I'm glad I did. :) But to avoid confusion maybe you could change the title to "Are you the wiz of...?" instead of "I'm" - just so others don't make the same mistake as I (almost) did and miss out on this awesome competition. 😃

Anyway, here goes:

1. Manchester United

2. Chelsea

3. Arsenal

4. Everton

5. Liverpool

6. Manchester City

The leading team will have 41 points at X-mas.

And just for the record, I'm actually pretty clueless about PL, the only team I know something about is Man U (mostly because of Zlatan), so if I happen to win this there truly will be some real wiz magic involved. :laugh: That said, I wish everyone the best of luck! 😃

I also found it by fluke , was just browsing and happened on it.  maybe add the word  (Comp ) in brackets before all comps or something like that, in the heading, so there is no confusion  :wonder:

Always remember... You can be... do... or have anything your heart desires !

Another great promotion by @Hoovers

I will admit I know absolutely nothing about football so I will look into my magic crystal ball for these predictions

1) Man U

2) Chelsea

3) Man City

4) Everton

5) Hull City

6) Arsenal

Leader points 41

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

@MarcoV wrote:

I guarantee that we’ll throw in some prizes for this awesome competition, but I’d like to see how many participants we get before we determine the prizes – e.g. it wouldn’t make sense to add €500 prizes if we’re only 30 members competing against each other. Hoovers made a terrific job monitoring Rio promo (despite some setup mistakes from my side), and I’m convinced he’ll run this competition with the same professional approach.

The winner will also get this prestigious wizard-badge:

Wizzard.png.93bb31c8da29fccad63116cbe3372894.png

Give it up for Hoovers for his amazing work on this competition!

Seconded, way to go @Hoovers!! 

I do like a good competition and with people like yourself and @jonny2192 to name a couple(some really helpful members out there too), there's always plenty happening. I would just like to take this chance to say a big THANK YOU for the extra work, and effort you put in, keep up the good work.

Archived