From Poker Donk To Winning Monk

P0kerM0nk

And off we go, started 23:00 Friday evening so that way I have most of Friday in 2 weeks left to clear this bonus. Been a bit of a hectic weekend with crap nights but we're at 20% now, feels more doable than the RAKE 900 I received before. Most volume has to be done next weekend though.

OFFWEGO.png.700e755359d2848db78a0f37abb94f48.png

Month so far so good as well, ran well on Friday and hit 8 buy ins up at 50NL, then yesterday only made €1 profit 😂 , today down 1.5 buy ins but it has been a rough session today. If the 2nd half of February is like the 1st half I'll be happy enough 🤗

• Like 3

Getting seriously fed up with this run bad crap all the time or am I just a retard. Every time I have a good day it seems to be followed by a crap week. I actually don't know how I can build a bankroll like this. Played like 2h yesterday and lost 7.5 stacks... 

3b he calls, I get x/r on the flop I call, he jams turn I call... feck

LULZ.png.de6b64511557fd06d98b686783037d2f.png

UTG 50bb stack opens 4bb, rec player, CO rec calls, I iso and both call, pot is 44bb and UTG has 35bb left and CO 25bb... CO jams wtf want me to do here, can't really fold anything so call and UTG folds lol... feck

lulz2.png.aa71a591ac3c9abba15a4d19fd8ea033.png

CO opens, I 3b, BB whale coldcalls and so does CO. BB donks 20% CO folds and I raise he calls then he donk jams the turn, easy call... nope... feck

tils3.png.5adccf42a2f6af63b8cf1e0a3ca16a20.png

Open TJs on CO, get 3b, I call, decent flop and we are flipping, he bets big on flop and I call, prob misplayed this hand, money went in on the turn as he bet so big I just shoved it in... feck

lulz3.png.de07e9b8844d4be8f70b0ff66b604535.png

MP opens CO whale calls, I squeeze, CO calls, I bet 1/2 flop and jam turn, of course 46o ... feck

lulz4.png.21cb97d83702e2b71c19795022144e7b.png

I open A3s in CO, BB whale calls, monster flop for me and he donks pot and I raise and he shoves it in... bricks out again... feck

lulz5.png.47a1580a4d5aad6696118fefbd4ded5d.png

Tilt mode, CO whale limps, I raise and bet flop get raised, I call and call it off 3 barrels... feck

tils1.png.d9cca66b8716c747b4d780ed088925f3.png

Tilt mode. Same whale, MP opens I 3b and whale in BB coldcalls, MP folds, he donks pot on flop and I just stick it all in, 30% but never hit anything anyway... bye bye 150bb... feck

tils2.png.ae2619f12d5864ec59341b2965849e5d.png

Everyone else sticking it in with silly hands and silly equities and they get there but when I do, never any joy...

I honestly have no idea why I even keep bothering. Gonna get this playthrough cleared and by then I also reach loyalty lvl 6 to keep my multiplier for next quarter but prob take my money off and go lose it somewhere else. 

Edited by P0kerM0nk
  • Sad 4

14 hours ago, P0kerM0nk said:

I honestly have no idea why I even keep bothering. Gonna get this playthrough cleared and by then I also reach loyalty lvl 6 to keep my multiplier for next quarter but prob take my money off and go lose it somewhere else. 

Sorry to hear that, man. I know how frustrating can be when for days in a row you can't seem to do anything right, you get smashed no matter how good you get it in. I teared two t-shirts since December since that is how I cope with a very frustrating situation, just swear out loud and reach for the t-shirt😅😅. But then I also remember there is also the rungood when you can't seem to lose anything and the bankroll skyrockets. I also take a couple of days off if I feel the mindset is not ok. I've managed to better manage this moments, because even in a downswing, if you play good, and you lose less than your opponents would in the same context, you still win. So I just concentrate on playing good and result will come. GL on anything you decide!

• Like 3

Forgot this gem, although it was only 16bb's it still does my nut in lol. Might be that villain lost a pot before but can't remember, anyhow, he openshoved UTG and woop KK, easy call but yeh, can't even win vs 72, although it's the suited version so not exactly the worst hand in poker but still 🙄

72crap.png.a82c11f5d840de37d3a0c79b47ca4635.png

@fornicator99 Not sure what I'll do but I'll see when I complete this bonus. Dying to get my sub for poker scientist back and dive in some theory again as the more I play and therefor the less I 'study' the dumber I feel every other day I play without studying 😆  Think it is also nice to have a solver to check some spots that came up in a session to give me feedback on how I played the hand without me having to guess if it was an ok play or not. 

I might also start on another site and just see if I can get a bonus somewhere and clear that for a change. I could at the same time also buy a €500 50NL CG ticket on Unibet and just play that ticket without needing a normal bankroll on here. Have enough to buy another €100 playthrough bonus on top of a CG ticket as well so who knows... lots of options.

Most frustrating for me is lack of results, it actually isn't about the money although it is about the money as that's the way results show in poker 😂 I just feel like my bankroll doesn't go anywhere whilst I feel I should be beating these games. Not saying I'm a crusher, or I know how to play most spots that come up etc but I see so many bad plays even from some long standing regs I've seen for years that I wonder how the hell I can't win (although I don't know if they are winners of course).

There is of course the part where I move up when I can so in a way I'm always playing the hardest games I'm rolled for and/or that I'm capable of as grinding 10NL for 'a living' isn't really the goal I have in mind. I also don't have the goal to become a professional poker player by any means but I would see it as an amazing achievement if I could work my way up to let's say 500NL showing that I understand the game and am able to beat these limits. But trying to mix this with a day job is also another thing lol.

I'm on a roller coaster, up and down, upside down, my head is spinning and no idea where I'm heading to (back to the start? 🤣) Time will tell.

Bonus at 30%, a good week left on it but should be doable.

• Like 5

12 buy ins down in the last 4 days, started today and within 5min I get AA, woop all in pre vs AKo...

Aye of course! Even giving me a set just to stab me a bit harder in the back. 

FUCKOFF.png.8e3a966fb0506bbfa71bf78ce0c1b969.png

Then later this rubbish, UTG rec limps, I iso, SB calls and BB who just sat in again squeezes, I call and see a flop, he bets 1/3 and I raise, he jams... ah well if he has JJ+ well done but AKo... and gets there again.

stinks.png.9587a75e54a36675377c594280348e19.png

45min played and had enough of it. Off to watch tele, not even bothered anymore!

Edited by P0kerM0nk
  • Sad 2

10,5 buy ins down so far, if anyone is wanting donations, it's all happening at 50NL please come and join me. My all ins today, guess I just need to nit it up to AA and KK only.

AQ-99 1-0
AA-AK 0-1
AK-QQ 0-1
TT-QQ 0-1
KK-AK 0-1
AK-AA 0-1
KK-QQ 1-0

badluck.png.a53194674e56eaa3633fc8a89a20fb35.png

The way I run in 3b pots, I always get a piece of it but never the nuts. I'm really good at flopping just enough to sucker me in.

bullshite.png.a90184e49ad4e69de2eefc6762f9e18e.png

3b pre and cb the flop, ofc he has to turn a set and I got it in with my combo draws booh!

bullshit2.png.3d2f40327e19e94c06d544bc73b51daf.png

Standard flop when I squeeze, worst flop for my hand over and over.

FECKTHIS.png.1f1c7f544d0677618a962c795fa1938a.png

3b pre and 1/2 the flop, x it down... ATs ok nh.
FCKOFFFF.png.3fa9f993071c6338c270e274d7ffeed6.png

CO limp, I iso, he min clicks it back I call,  flop he bets 1/2 I raise and he clicks it back again lol, I mean AA-QQ wp if you have it, I jam and he shows AK... of course K straight away on the turn and meh.

shite.png.c1b0bae7c3cad7eed29a4c22ffcbafed.png

AA all in pre, 2nd time in 2 days vs AKo and lose again vs a straight.

aafeckagain.png.8fe7585f6b267f5f84cae9e79b3cc465.png

No joy for me when I get it in with AK vs AA, and I even have the suited version! Could have guessed as BTN 3b and SB nit 4b... 

nofdforme.png.520e4e3ca4713fd9ac16cff688b27325.png

Feeling like my poker journey is coming to an end tbh, coming close to 2  years since I started this blog and have yet to withdraw some money. Never really been able to 'break free' and this latest run has crushed my soul pretty much. Prob still try to get to loyalty lvl6 although I'm not sure why but if I lose even more I probably end up withdrawing my bankroll and call it a day on Unibet.

Don't really want to post these crap hands all the time either as it makes me look like some sore loser or whatever + it's a waste of my time anyway so this will be my last post here unless I make a comeback in the future of some kind or something, highly unlikely but who knows.

Over and out,

P0kerD0nk

Edited by P0kerM0nk
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

Cleared the playthrough, waste of my time, running crap, playing crap... needing a regroup as lost my patience. This high volume grinding is no use as it makes me play when I don't want to and when the pool is terrible. Often during the week NL50 is just full of regs, every table 4-5 other regs... wouldn't play but when you have to... so waste of time and efforts. Month is again a loss, 8 buy ins or whatever but doesn't matter because took my balance off, €1850 something:  CASH.png.9d02656bf991e4c156a9afa401592882.png

Still have this laying around:  STARS.png.26d91827c8aefe8fe35a54de400d6c23.png

So:

tickiiits.png.9123d1ab26856f1d9cc9b88adef14c62.png 

bonus.png.700fd550c4a5b258248c85a7cf699858.png

Still left for more playthroughs probably:  STARS2.png.81fbc87949005e2ce692bb186cafa525.png

Let's see if we can build a bankroll again and turn these tickets in to cash.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I understand and sympathise enormously after the last few days of non stop losses on my tables. 

What's so frustrating is when you know it's not your fault, it's pure variance, but you feel like you've been picked on deliberately. 

Just as a touch of relief I dropped into the 1-2c fast tables on PP. Lost a decent pot on the bad river, raised with JJ, short stack shoves, relief at last?

1806843682_Screenshot(1910)_LI.thumb.jpg.739bd2a73be2a1dc4bed73a311b99096.jpg 

No chance, when will it ever end? 🙄

Who knows, but it will sometime. 🍻

• Sad 2

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

I started playing bad as well tbh, bad beats are part of the game as that's how it goes and I'm fine with it but I've never experienced it like how it went recently so this is the way I'm going to deal with it, drop down and see where we get with the tickets. I also signed up to another site and will try and work my way through a welcome bonus there too. And who knows I might just go through a few other sites to profit of the bonuses and just see what the pools are like.

At the same time, I have subbed to poker scientist again for 3 months and will put in an effort to work a bit on the GTO approach and check my own plays again. GTO wizard looks an amazing tool as well and depending on how poker goes might give it a shot after my poker scientist sub runs out.

Haven't seen any replay rewards appear but I guess I haven't lost any big amounts as what I lost is actually what I won to start with lol. Can't remember last time I deposited on Unibet and if I did it was maybe just to top up the bankroll with €100 or something to keep me away from playing 4NL 😆

What I do understand now is how big name crushers out there sometimes tell their poker story and say they have been broke a few times and I always wondered how on earth you could go broke being a crusher but now I understand it a bit better lol, I have read and watched a few things about downswings and even though I'm not a pro nor a crusher it shows that even the biggest crushers can have months without making a profit and that shows how brutal variance can be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, P0kerM0nk said:

Start of a million 🤣

boom.png.7294aec6f7044cc177a9ad79117388d2.png

I considered my response and had to go with confused in the end. Any further details, if not I'll understand. 😐

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

If I can help you a bit. Been playing poker since 2008. Except for the first half year or so I've been, as far as I can recall, profitable EVERY month I have played until 2020. Live, FullTilt, 888 and then Unibet. Did I dodge the biggest downswing variance in the world? Have people gone too loco and is variance too crazy these days? Do I play like donkeyshit? Who knows, but since somewhere halfway 2021 I've been registrering losing month after losing month. The allin's I have lost are beyond bonkers and I'm literally calling out river cards these days that will hit to make me lose. You know how it feels by now probably. I will not surrender, I will not stop, I will keep going and maybe in 2025 or something I'll look back at these last 6 months as my most unlucky period in my life, hopefuly. 
I can guarantee you, if I would have been playing on other sites and this was my first time on Unibet, I would 100% say it is rigged. But I know better, it's just an insane game.

How about you quit until summer? Wait for the games to soften up a bit again? If you run poorly your good plays will make up for it. If you run good you'll have a profit also.

• Like 3

Started playing on 888poker again, I did play a bit with the free money they gave me for signing up before but went busto as was just not enough money and I just donked around a bit trying to see what the site was like. Have deposited $400 as they match this amount which I need to clear by playing. Might not get the whole lot but we will see. 

Playing mostly 25NL snap which is their version of zoom. Pretty soft pool and I enjoy the format as we don't have this on Unibet here. It's nice for a change. Up so far on 888 and up on both my 25NL tickets on Unibet as well. Yes it has been a crazy period but sometimes it is nice to drop down and grind my way up again and then see where we end up again.

Overall 888poker software is smooth but the whole layout is absolute crap compared to Unibet. Also their mobile version is shocking, no landscape mode nor can you flip your mobile upside down.

One thing I like on 888poker is the control centre where you can see your Deposits / Withdrawals / Win-Loss / Active days per certain period. Especially the Win-Loss is nice to see as it shows you clearly how much you are up or down in the last 7 days for example. Easy way of keeping track of your own game and maybe good for some to see when they are losing / spending too much money.

Don't feel like quitting, still enjoy playing, still enjoy putting in some work off the tables and I'm not actually spending real life money on this as I just keep on building my bankroll so no need for a break. But I do enjoy not having to play a big volume as that just doesn't work for me personally so it isn't worth the possible reward.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly enough I had to say goodbye to my almost 16y old 4 legged friend last night, his time had come and pretty sure we had the timing right. He's been an amazing dog and although I've 'only' known him for 9 years (being my gf's dog), he's been the best friend I've ever had. I overly enjoyed the time we had together and all the places we've been to. He was as good as they come, only regret is I can't rewind time and do it all over again 😭 🐶 ❤️

WeeKaiser.jpg.7b6832dc94cd6f70132fdecc9e8138db.jpg
(my wee boy is the one without the antlers 😉)

Obviously have a broken heart right now and I've never cried so much in my life but I can only be happy with the life he has had and if every living being on this planet could have the same life as him, our Planet Earth would be a better place.

@KrustyTheClown As for poker, with the slightly challenging times of the past month, mostly lack of sleep, poker has been on a low volume. I dropped 2 buy-ins on both €250 tickets atm, wouldn't say I had the best run yet so far but hey ho. €14.85 in the cash bankroll now with clearing my €25 playthrough. The funny number is just the exchange rate as my account is in £.

Played a bit more on 888poker, just the 25 zoom variant which is just handier if I just have 15min or whatever, or even at work at times when my machine is running 😆. Total deposit was $415 and bankroll is now $780 where $40 came from clearing the deposit bonus so far and maybe another $20 from their hand of the day bonus, first time I won it I got $10 funny enough, which was a big one to start with as mostly it is just $0.5 so far, apart from a $5 few days ago.

I'm off work till Monday for obvious reasons and will probably play a bit more poker again. Feel kind of lost today so hopefully I can find some things to keep my mind occupied with.

Edited by P0kerM0nk
  • Sad 7

• 2 weeks later...

Going well... 🙄 2nd ticket is on the verge of getting changed in to real cash I think as that's what happens when you hit less than 50% of the original ticket if I'm right. Close... very close lol.

OOPS.png.6a5d4ad4fe45689ae21bb4ad7f627bb4.png

Tough call... royal flush alert 😎 (He showed A9o with 9d)

easy.png.a9f344d3d98eb58e9078d641cea88599.png

Think I have to nit my game up, too many nits around who never show me bluffs even when they should. Every time I bluff catch I tilt my tits off as they always show the nuts and nothing less. Think one day I lost 3 stacks with a K high flush to a A high flush.

Bit down on 888 as well just too random games at times, prob same thing that I have to play a bit tighter post flop in some spots but overall it's always the issue of too many multiway pots, even times when you 3b or 4b and then you see a Axx flop with KK 4 way and stuff like that. Or AK on 789tt and meh, hating life just by looking at it 😂 whilst the pot it bigger than my stack 😂 and then you sigh fold and you see some ridiculous hands getting jammed and called. Not the first time I folded the best hand either lol.

Not too happy with the way I've been playing lately... need more focus. And fold more vs reg nits.

• Like 3

@P0kerM0nk Sorry to hear about the doggie, always a wrench when something like that happen. Commiserations. 😢

OOPS.png.6a5d4ad4fe45689ae21bb4ad7f627bb4.png

As for the tickets I'm afraid that's not quite correct. The ticket only converts to cash when you've seen all the flops required or you have less than half a buy in, not half a ticket,  at any time your tables are closed, in your case €12.49. Keep playing.

Edited by GR1ZZL3R
  • Like 2

@GR1ZZL3RThanks, received our dog back today in his urn, very strange seeing my dog coming home in a box tbh 😪 I'm over the physical shock now but still missing his wee face when I get up or come home from work. I'm happy for the life he has had so I should be happy too lol.

About the tickets, prob thought it was half the ticket as that's when you get a 1 buy in ticket lol, so yeh I kept on playing. We are back where we started when I got the tickets 🙄 ran amazing today, mostly anyway.

BOOM.png.99260f6471065699b495eb71916c30a9.png

Been a while I had a 600bb stack, barely manage to double up these days...

beenawhile.png.d8cab0dc7549780e0fa1a4a7858a2edc.png

Too much of this has happened in the past weeks, get it in very good on the turn and still lose.

allinonturn.png.8587a25f3c4a2d76a95ac92b294b07ac.png

Same happened here, all in on the turn and then the board paired and I'm like ffs not again, to then realize I had the other 44 😂

quads.png.a28bf904b61a1b2912f5c73005f403bc.png

On 888, oh lets trap with AA... never to be, bloody joke. He x the flop and so did I, turn he bet small and I raised and he called, then he x/r AI on the turn and I'm like, ffs he's going to have TT isn't it... this line doesn't make sense with JJ-KK 

aacrap.png.5acdbe543aa4f77394e8cda45d28a850.png

Let's hope we can get these tickets up and going now we are back where we started...

• Like 4

Seriously losing my sh!t on Unibet

bs.png.8014ba877157e0461a2b81532a3c315a.png

3B AA, get 4b so we call, call flop bet and call jam on the turn... wtf is this all the time.

bs3.png.35c210e4b562543dbf3e1adc60278223.png

MP opens, CO calls, I squeeze, CO calls, I bet flop and jam turn as weird SPR left, I'm ahead on the flop and still almost 40% on the turn... never to be...

bs2.png.8dbae3ab8204f5edd34fe77dbf76dc23.png

How can you even built up a roll like this djeez... 

• Sad 2