Favourite poker game

polarbear

What is your favorite poker variant and why?

I play only sng s short handed ( 5 or 6) and must be turbo to have action .I hate games with no action as cash games or tournaments where if you have a nit table you may loose a lot of value from good hands and action start to begin after 1 or 2 hours depending of the tournament structure.Cash games i hate mostly because they are indeed boring with less action , loosing a lot of value from good hands , not involving a increase blind structure etc.

Sng turbo short handed is my favorite cause they do create action is much more enterteining and they mostly finish in 30 minutes.

You guys?

PLO because of the action and complexity of the game. I also like the good value NL mtts like the buttler league for example. This is purely because of the added money value I don't really like NL that much otherwise. I think it's quite a boring game to be honest. 

I like cashgames, they are a more steady way of building a bankroll and improving my game, and I can control exactly how long I play which is very useful, since I have limited time to play on working days.

I also like qualifiers for live events because they give me the opportunity to experience tournaments that are otherwise way above my bankroll. Currently playing the UK Tour and Belgian Champoinship qualifiers. I also very much like that they are turbo speed, again because I have limited time to play.

If I had more time to play, I would probably dive into deep stack tournaments, because the more strategically complex it gets, the more interesting for me.

If I had the choice i would love to be involved in a big live tournament, preferably WSOP main event final table :))

But I play cash as i can come and go as I please, online tourneys cannot commit to and end up with like 3 hours sleep and having to work etc.. And  want to build a roll which i do slow and steady on the cash tables.

also, I think playing cash probably prepares well for tournaments - obviously not so much when stacks get short - whereas playing tourneys likely doesn't cross over to cash that well.

sit and goes I dont really play unless i get free tickets, they are a good gamble though and hence more fun.

SNGs, because they're fast. Cash games because of the freedom to play whenever I want and leave whenever I want. When it comes to tournaments I prefer turbo freezeouts with relatively few players, again, because they're fast. Hate rebuy tournaments because when I kick someone out I want them to stay gone, not pop back up again like a jack-in-the-box as if nothing happened. :smileytongue:

Archived