Release notes 2.40 (timebank, time to act and rake changes)

Stubbe-Unibet

I agree these changes have made the games less fun. You have no time to check stack sizes, look over a past hand, think about bet sizing... Or even think about the hand in progress! Its just made everything a mad rush, hoping not to be sat out!

I really hope you revert to the old timings! 

• Like 1

Agreed!!! It just makes it hard to play more than a couple tables at once. You spend what couple seconds you have in the hope you click the timer in time!!! Never mind think about what you wanna do hehe

With a shot clock LIVE you get at least 20 seconds pre, and you're playing ONE table!!! hehe

Other than that, keep up the good work peeps! : )

@Stubbe-Unibet 

• Like 1

After reducing the timbank, it became impossible to play! When playing, you are constantly stressed. In particular, when you pause at a certain hand on all other tables, the cards go to pass and you sit and wait for several minutes of your turn. (I play 6 tables, earlier 7-8). Increase your rake, reduce the number of tables, but make poker a comfortable game. I will look for another room for the game.

• Like 1

I agree with the posters above. Used to play 4-6 plo tables and now 4 seems to be the max I can handle. And still keep sit outing. I'm forced to play tighter and close short handed tables. Not fun. If Unibet can't do something to this quickly I just have to move part of my action (raked ~14k€ this year) elsewhere.

I have played all game types at Unibet ( a lot! ) and don't understand why you had to make these changes in the first place. Imo everything was fine. Maybe there is the occasional abuser at HU, although i never encountered those players. In satelites it's pretty common, sure, but there it's actually part of the strategies available to abuse your timebank.

But even if you had good reasons to change time to act, i think you totally messed up. Cash games are a postflop game and good players can basically autopilot 100% of preflop spots. So at least it made some sense there, although in PLO it's probably a lot harder. But in SNGs ( my main game ) it's a totally different story. They play primarily preflop, so this is where you actually have to use some time to make accurate decisions. Even if you know every single nash/icm range you still have to adjust to stacksizes and player types left to act. You can't ship any2 in an ovbious any2 shipping spot if there's a fish in the small blind who snaps you with KTo and even worse hands in a spot where it's correct to even fold AKo. Furthermore SNGs start with 5 players and go quickly to 3-4 players and even HU which reduces time to act even more since you have to act a lot more.

Right now, even if you know every single spot, you can't think anymore about your whole strategy, bet sizes or adjustments to specific players when playing more than 4-5 tables at once. It became basically a game now about who is good at creating strategies on paper and executing it as fast as possible.

If it becomes possible to auto use your timebank in the next release, my guess is that games even become slower than before because people will use this a lot!

Pls change it back, at least at SNGs and probably Hexas, too.

• Like 1

@KuriziwauCouldn't agree more mate! I'll say again, even with 'shot clocks' more wide spread in the live arena these days. You get at least 20 seconds preflop to act, and that is ONE table.

Which brings me to my point, why make it considerablly more difficult for both regs as well as NEWBIES to the game by giving you even less time to make a desicion that you would have live, and for some near impossible if ya playing more than one table.

Poker is supposed to be more fun than stressful. I've personally had to resort including tables from OTHER sites that have sufficient time allowances.

Again, other than that, props to Unibet for all the hard work, you're on point 95% of the time. hehe

Si