Sunday Entitled Sats

ChapInAChair

Given the standardisation of €4 as an MTT buy in amount and the high number of €4MTT tickets that appear in promos etc. would it perhaps be worthwhile to change the €5 SE satellite to €4 entry, meaning a bigger prize pool for the bottom rung €1 level and a higher likelihood of buying in direct at the €4 level?

Any thoughts?

Formerly known as StartlingGrope

@StartlingGrope wrote:

Given the standardisation of €4 as an MTT buy in amount and the high number of €4MTT tickets that appear in promos etc. would it perhaps be worthwhile to change the €5 SE satellite to €4 entry, meaning a bigger prize pool for the bottom rung €1 level and a higher likelihood of buying in direct at the €4 level?

Any thoughts?

Yeah that could be better. It may result in less tickets GTD ingame, although these 5s are usually winner take all anyway.  

Maybe have the ability to 'double stack multibuy' like in the UK Tour?

Not actually Old.

The multibuy gives to much advantage when the players are low, Think it would be better to wait for 2.0 and hopefully we get rebuys at least that way everyone is starting on a equal footing chip wise.

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

@jonny2192 wrote:

The multibuy gives to much advantage when the players are low, Think it would be better to wait for 2.0 and hopefully we get rebuys at least that way everyone is starting on a equal footing chip wise.

Multibuy in my opinion should be completely removed. Rebuys & Addons would be perfect as they give everyone equal advantage. Also, it's not wise to Multibuy 10x because even though you'll have a massive stack, you still have to make the top 3 to show a decent profit.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

@OldBurf wrote:

Yeah I am of the same opinion on the multibuys, atleast in sats. It was just an idea to boost the GTD. Although I dont mind it so much in MTTs such as Daily4.

I dont think it will even boost the gtd, There is one player that now multi buys every UK25, Its stopped me playing the late game and I am now using my tickets up and will stop playing the early game as well.

I dont mind that they are multi buying but they are a good player and imo they are effectivelly removing 1 seat from the guarantee by them double buying in. This is making the variance too much for me to continue playing at this moment.

So if I stop playing because of this and historically I have done well in UK25s I am sure it is making even more rec players not bother at all. So one person multi buying could in effect stop 3 other people playing which would have the opposite effect of building Guaranttes.

ps.

Not having a dig at the multi buyer any player should do what gives them the best return :)

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

Robin is travelling today, but I'll make sure he sees the thread.  One problem with switching from a 5 satellite to 4 is that there'll be lots of 5 tickets out there.  We'd need to phase it in, though I like the general idea I think.

Former head of poker @ Unibet

• 2 months later...

@psrquack wrote:

If the picture is from the last chance tourney and the buyin is €5 then I think this is a quiet fair payout. This is a do or die situation no further steps needed.

Yeah, it's from a last chance but I don't understand why you wouldn't want a €25 ticket to potentially jump in that last chance or to at least a €10 one to play in sats during teh week for the next one. The money stays in the system and the players don't have have to go through multiple levels of sats as a punishment for finishing 2nd in the last chance.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

I also like the idea of having 25's and 10's for the runner ups in that sat (when it will be technically possible). One reason I can find where a non-grinder wouldn't like it, is the fact that many people just register the final last chances to get the big ticket and play de final in the same day, not to get small tickets for next week's sattelites. 

I agree you're going into the last chance with the single goal of playing the SE. Getting a higher value ticket (and in theory an opportunity to play in a satellite with more seats available) as a reward for second place or third place in this situation seems much better than getting your buy in back.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

Archived