10€ to 10.000€ Bankroll Challenge

MicroGrinder

Around februari I started to play on UB. I started with the free 10€ they gave me. I was lucky (with 5 x 2€ buy-ins) to grind it up mid-stacking to around 70€. Then started to play bigstack. 40k hands in I was playing 10NL. 

The following month, 30K hands later, I hitted the 1K mark and was rolled for 25 NL. After that I stopped playing, didn't play for few months. Been busy with other projects. Started to play again occasionally in the last weeks and I plan to play some more again. 

So here we go, up to the next sub-goal! I will update this thread regularly. I wish you all bad luck against me at the tables, obviously. 

Challenge completion: 12%

Current roll: 1205€ 

Next sub goal: 50NL / 2K+

Good luck! Tough goal, but if you stay dedicated & use proper bankroll management, you can make it :smileyhappy:

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys for the kind words, much appreciated.

Sorry not much updates, was like 30 degrees the last week and a half, too hot to stay inside (and therefore to play). Played a session today (10nl, since it's been a couple weeks and felt rusty then) and had good fun. Was overall happy with my b game. 

m.thumb.png.dda5fb4dca058aa69fce5ead53ee407b.png

br: +65€

Total 1270€

• 3 months later...

Alright, been a long time. As you can see on my challenge points, I hardly play. Got 4 25nl tickets, cuz I played on another 25nl ticket for a month and a half, and didn't even reach 150 flops, playing few flops each week so ticket didn't expire. Was at 90€ but couldnt play cause of black screen issue since updates.

Let's do this, beem me your energy to clear them all. Off to good start. Let's get to 20% off the challenge done. Cuz at this rate, challenge will take years to complete. :)

Naamloos.thumb.jpg.4458027dbdef57efc9a035576580d456.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Incoming embarrassing post:

Newyear went terrible. Started to play on NL100, lost a stack and went to NL400. And lost one too. Auch. Don't regret it, played as usual, felt comfortable. Didn't go my way, oh well. Then I spewed off the 100€ ticket in 5 minutes, for some reason.Absolutely terrible. I rarely tilt. Others 2 tickets, I got busted, what can you do.

Then the last ticket I ran up to 200 almost and variance began. Omg, they lukboxed me over and over and was back to 23 at one point. Luckely managed to clear it at 75€. I don't mind the variance, it's part off the game, but that was insane and frustrating when you dont play that much and you play well, but lose. Didn't tilt me, just kept playing my best, what else can you do.

Super double trouble I got 17th, so close, lost important coinflip. Never lucky :)

So back at 1Kish, after losing 5 hundo. Hopefully the run it promo tickets go well this time. Have a good change to end up in top 3 of 2+2 Banzai challenge (I think) wich means more tickets. (25 to 75€) Fingers crossed. No worries, I'll win it back. 

Naamloos.thumb.jpg.0c2ef33faaf70835b840cd7a9f3aa54a.jpg

Yeah, can be tough, even if you play well, you might lose a good chunk quickly on a low br. It got worse, put up an agressive stop loss to 500€ at NL 100, and offcourse didn't go my way. went down to 500€. :/

I wanted it back, asap. Didn't happen.

Time to switch gears... take the slower route. 

Went back to NL 10 and i'm at 655 now. Ill stay at NL 10 untll I hit 2K, before the end of feb, to set myself a goal. Even tho 30 BI for NL 25 is more then plenty imo; I'll just stick at it for a month. I like the idea of being overrolled.

Here we are at 12/1/2017 after the setback. Back in the game, expect more regular updates. 

Naamloos.thumb.jpg.9206ff23f7e3692d9973af631e6c2d92.jpg

I opened my account and out of nowhere I received a 50€ UO ticket. Had to do with a raffle of last month promo it seems.

I had another 10€ UO wich I got also last month with 2 days left before expiry. Fired it up and won another 50€ UO ticket.

I always wanted to try to qualify, but saw me try it somewhere in the future. But now that I have 100€ worth of tickets, it would be stupid to not try. You can't exchange them for cash tickets, right?

What is the best strategy? How should I convert my tickets? 10x10 or is that to shallow? 25x4? Would appreciate input.

141.thumb.jpg.f580668c632ce4b4e10e71c2d11693cd.jpg

@MicroGrinder...my strategy may be a bit cautious for your tastes...I prefer (without enormous success so far admittedly) to play the 2>10 games and play the 10's when I've got over 10x10 if that makes senses....when I get to 10x50 (I estimate this to happen around June 2022) I'll start playing them too! 😉    

Nice little saturday session. Wish I could play more but I'm also busy setting up a business and it requires months of preperation. But I'll try to play as much as I can.

Yeah, I guess I'll go with the 10x10, hopefully I win at least 3. Prolly much variance as well. They have 26 days till expiry so I'm not gonna bother, now, but exchange them near expiry. Thx for advice.

sesh.thumb.jpg.c3f3932375b0466fd9f8f835abddf41a.jpg

sesh2.thumb.jpg.86d812269d34850944c65d6198eb694b.jpg

Thats crazy man. For all i remember my biggest stack on nl4 was like 25 and it was because i made quads over top full :wow:. Do tell how you managed to do that 👍

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah pretty crazy if you think about it, almost 90€ at freaking NL 4. I never saw anyone above 30 on NL 4 myself.

How did I do it? Complex to tell. I could write a book about it. In short: playing extremely loose agressive. Feeling players out and exploit their leaks. Value betting extremely thin when possible. Offcourse having luck at some coinflips, having people spew off their stack, because they feel the urge to finally win a hand. That sort of thing. And I just played very well, altough made few misstakes, but not as much as everyone else. 🆒

Maybe I could record a session one time if people are interested. But I think it will be dull without audio. 

Had a great monday session. Close to 1k again. Woot! I will prolly not reach my goal of 2k by end of feb, I simply play not much enough, If i would grind every day, I would prolly make it. Also gonna exchange the UO tickets in 10 days or so will let you guys know how it goes. Prolly not too well, I'm not a tourney kind of guy. 

1783373085_nl10.thumb.jpg.37b4335595b94deeee555f9525f64f0b.jpg

• 2 months later...

I'm back for a challenge, gonna play 4nl for one month, for like 4h/day, 5 days a week minimum. Curious how much profit you can make in 30 days of play on nl4. Forgot to extend 9x 10 UO tickets, Feelsbadman, what a waste. Pumped to grind again a bit finally.

Anyway:

Br end of day 1: 1048,28€

Day 1: +31.05€

30 days challenge total: +31.05€

I logged in yesterday and was like, let's do a 10 NL challenge instead, so the bankroll grows faster.  I'm gonna try to qualify for Belgium championship with the tourney tickets I get from the challenges. Only have 1700 points, so only got 1€ ticket yet. But was lucky to finish top 3 for a 4€ ticket. At 3k points, I get 5 more 1€ tickets. So we'll see how that goes, would be naais. 

Day 1: + 41,81€

BR: 1090,09€

Yeah, started to watch some twitch again lately. I'm more of a lurker then a chatter.But I'm gonna try to avoid watching and focus solely on only playing 20 to 25 hours/week max. Cause if I spend more time then that on poker, it will burn me out. And i want to continue grinding again, to eventually play midstakes and make a nice side income from this hobby. So I need to spend my time wisely I feel. And before you know it, 2 hours easely pass by seeing David getting wrecked. :) 

Good luck to you too on the tables! Hope all Belgian community players qualify, so we can meet. Should be fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't play last week, I have sleep problems for years and sometimes it's nasty. 35h awake, some sleep, again 35h awake. Cannot play like this. Hopefully this week is better so I can play more. Luckely the pokergods were with me today.  

Day 1: + 41,81€

Day 2: + 92,32 €

Challenge total: 134,13€

Archived