Poker & Health

Magicadil

How important do you feel being healthy is to Poker success? Personally, I feel it's extremely important, especially in Live games since you have to be mentally sharp for long periods of time & are also seated for an extended time. Just the basics can go a long ways. Eating right & exercising for 30 minutes every day. (Can be as simple as walking/jogging)

I bring this topic up because I heard on Jaime Staples' stream that due to his health he gets sick when traveling & recently he had to cancel his WSOP trip early for this reason. An otherwise extremely talented player is being restricted due to his health.

How important is health to you, & in your opinion, does it play a major role in Poker success?

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

I think poker is a new kind of job, where you need to be mentally and physically strong if you are doing it for a living.

Pretty much you need to have all your :cathappy: ❤️ :cathappy: figured out, if you don't, you just get eaten by the poker beast.

#releasethekraken

Nice post :) I think quite important to exercise, in general, not only to play poker ... just do well to everything in life :) logical that a good diet, exercise and sleep well at least 3 times a week, and not get into deep stress with bad bets, it is key. In MTT's yes sometimes are long hours to play, and a mistake can give cable a good stack .. I've always done some sports / exercise, but stopped by Cauza an injury: / but when I started playing poker had enough patience, but over time there have been some bad bets, and I think too many hours playing, so I decided not pudia play so many hours, and felt the need to do exercise. I started to buy a machine to make fruit smoothies, stop drinking alcohol, and walk at least 1 hour of the mountain bike almost every day :) Yes I noticed quite difrença on my way to play, and returned to my patience: P I fundamental the exercise for poker, of course there will always be bad bets, but if they can minimize the possible best :) until the river will play: P
It is important to have other hobbies, preferably to keep you away from your computer. Playing sports, being with friends, etc .. :)

Archived