Recreational playing aka beatThemAll

ragnarok

Hi,

Introduction

My name is Daniel, living somewhere in Central Europe, playing poker for couple of years (maybe 10), never as poker pro. Married, got 1 kid (3 weeks old) and 1 dog (sheltie). Full time working in IT with Python.

Poker results

Tried all kind of games, mostly playing Double or Nothing, or MTT, able to make couple of thousand euro profit :). The biggest online win was qualifying to Carribean Poker Tour in 2015 in Dominican republic, where I was able to finish in 11th place (It was like my 4th and last live tournament, :D ).

Poker goals on Unibet

I have made deposit of 250e and will play mix of all games. Since I have a little boy, dog, wife and full time job, I will be happy if i will be able to play couple of hours per week. I will be playing 4e SnG, MTT up to 5e, 2e hexa and some CG. My long time goal will be to qualify for some Unibet Open event :)

Unibet client

Since I have only 13'' notebook, poker client is not very friendly for my eyes and comfort.

1.) Is there any possibility to change betting keys to 2.5 times of BB? There is default 2x, 3x, 4x, but I cannot find in setting possibility to customize it

2.) Is it possible to mark players by some colour?

3.) Where can I found my overall results? Something like where can I see, that today I have played 7 SnG, and I have won 10e.

4.) Is it possible to download hand history?

Investment

Since it will be nice to have some backup money for future, I have started to look for some possibility to invest some money. Any tips? I am using Mintos for P2P loans and Degiro for ETF investments.

Hobbies

Enjoying times with my family, hiking (geocaching), beers (IPA), sport (watching and ocassionaly playing :) ).

• Like 17

Hi,

this is a very nice introduction. Due to the protection of recreational players opportunites like mark a player, hotkeys, waiting lists and co are not available here. You can make notes to aliases but due to the easy changing function of them (player could have 4 of them at the same time) marking doesn't work. You also can't download hand history but you can request your results here:

https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/General-Poker/Thread-for-Poker-Results/td-p/216675 

IPA:Heart:

• Like 2

@psrquack wrote:

Hi,

this is a very nice introduction. Due to the protection of recreational players opportunites like mark a player, hotkeys, waiting lists and co are not available here. You can make notes to aliases but due to the easy changing function of them (player could have 4 of them at the same time) marking doesn't work. You also can't download hand history but you can request your results here:

https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/General-Poker/Thread-for-Poker-Results/td-p/216675 

IPA:Heart:

Hello, welcome to the community.

What the duck said + you can use the mouse scroll to make a bet of 2.5bb, 3.5bb, etc. :Happyshy:

:Thumbsup:  Play Smart, Run Hot and Win a Lot. :Cash:

• Like 2

Congrats on the kid! Btw I love hiking too but I have never tried geocatching and I really want to try it :D

Regarding your questions on the Unibet client:

1 & 2: no

3: On the website client at least you can go to "account history" and you will see your buyins and payouts there. I think you have to calculate the total yourself though.

4: No. On the website client you can find the hands you played in the "history" section. It is not possible to dowload hand history (protection against tracking software probably). Copy pasting text for individual hands seems to have been disabled on the website too however you can copy paste the "inner html" using inspect element on the website for individual hands (same text with a few extra <span> tags). I have been using this to create hand replays on pokerhandreplays.com to share the most interesting hands. Just copy the inner html of the text section, remove the span tags, remove the summary section at the end (because it will confuse the hand replayer), click "import hand history" on the website and paste your text there. Like this you can create a replay of your interesting hand.

So you playing a mix of all games. Just NLH or also PLO?

• Like 2

@CuteRaven 

Geocaching is good when you want to discover some hidden places, which can be very close to your home, but you have no idea that there is some nice lake/ruined castle/spring/whatever.

Cash games

that was a plan to play all format, but since i do not have much time I am playing just SNG and some MTT. I used some free cach ticket after i have made a deposit but with no succes and made just some small profit. But when I read you blog, where you are able to make 50euro per session, maybe I should consider to play only cash :)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

December 2019

• I would like to give you some update, but I am still waiting for some summary that should I receive on email, I have asked it couple of days ago :)
  • I think that even recreational players would like to see their results in some easy way, so I am very dissapointed about this "feature" on unibet
  • In general I have made some small profit during the first month, probably 30euro, i was profitable on SNG and loosing on hexa and mtt I guess
  • I have tried several sattelites to UO, but only won one 10euro ticket

• focus on SNG, MTT and cash
  • play hexa only to fulfill some missions (I hit 10x and 5x on 5e hexa, but I did not win it sadly)
  • Try to get ticket to UO final sattelite 
  • Find easy way how to track results  - I was thinking about writing some parser on Poker History that you can list on page, but still there is no way to distinguish, if the buyin was for SNG or MTT, which stake it was, etc.

• Like 3

December 2019 (part 2) - email finally arrived

• Cash: -8,34 (267 hands)
  • Sng:  +50,47 (#153, roi: 8,34%)
  • Mtt: -27,6 (#33)
  • Hexa: -11 (#24)
  • deposit bonus: +5
  • Result: +8,54 - It is bull❤️♥️❤️, my real profit for december was 43,83. Report is inaccurate, since the buyin from tickets are counted as normal buyin, not as 0. And also it is not separated per stake. Not very usefull.

What is the best way to spent bonus points? It looks like 100bp = 1e, regardless if I want to spent 100BP or 10000BP, it has still same value. Is there any promo from time to time, like some discounts or black friday?:)

Hey.

Though not the best thing in my opinion, but I think if you buy up 20cent tickets from the bonus shop. The satelites or qulifiers to 1e tickets you play are rake free. So technically, that's the "best" way to spend them (this might allign with your goal to go through the ladder to that unibet open ticket).

You can imagine that in those 20cent qualifiers the player pool should be as soft at it gets on unibet. So if you manage to cash at least 2 out of 5 tickets you're better of than buying conventional tickets (bear in mind that when you spend i.e. 100 points for 1e ticket, when you register, you still "pay" rake). 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

January 2020:

• +33,18e
  • I do not track my result, so I am guessing that I made some profit on SNG and CG and lost some money on MTT

February plans:

• HexaPro Jackpot mania :) - I will play only 1,2 and maybe som 5e stakes. Today morning, the first jackpot was hit when there was around 200 games left.
  • Like 3

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, ragnarok said:

4 years without update. I would say that I busted :D.  Anyway, I deposited 250euro last week playing hexas, so lets track how it goes now.

@ragnarok set an alarm for 2028 to check for next update 🤣

Looking forward to hear how it goes 🙂 

• Haha 3

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

So just quick update after a week when I started to make a notes:

#: 49

ITM: 38%

Profit: +76.5

Playing just one table on 5euro, trying to focus what I am doing. But it was a hot streak, I am running good with multipliers, above average with 5x and 10x. 

• Like 3

Week 3:

• # 33
  • ITM 29%
  • Profit: -37

This week I've been busy doing missions on another site to get chips for the Vegas draw. It will be the same throughout April. 

But I played couple of MTT also here, one final table.
I also won 50e ticket with 30 days of expiration, which i changed for 10e tickets, which has now only 14 days before expiration. Little bit wierd to me, but ok.

unibet.png

• Like 2