Software Suggestions/Improvements Thread

MoreTBC

@unibetslowplay wrote:

A problem exclusive to the unibet (I also play on two other sites) appears to be that if I get a momentary disconnect of my internet or a bit longer that requires me to shift to my back-up the program stops working and I have to close it and log-in again.

The reason for this is because the client is very resource hungry. I have an idea though. Unibet should make a 'light' version of their client with basic table layout, basic lobby & no avatars. The light version will use very little resources & run smoothly. This is perfect for those who have disconnection/lag issues with the current version.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Magicadil wrote:

The reason for this is because the client is very resource hungry. I have an idea though. Unibet should make a 'light' version of their client with basic table layout, basic lobby & no avatars. The light version will use very little resources & run smoothly. This is perfect for those who have disconnection/lag issues with the current version.

I think by default Adobe Air is resource heavy. The table backgrounds are just pictures really so whether you're on the beach or the most basic layout it's not really effecting the resources required. You can also turn the avatars off already and I've never noticed it making much difference. League of Legends is/was plagued with the same sort of issues as their launcher uses Adobe Air as well. It's probably just goign to be one of those issues that will only go away if/when a new platform is used for the client.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

@MoreTBC wrote:

@Magicadil wrote:

I think by default Adobe Air is resource heavy. The table backgrounds are just pictures really so whether you're on the beach or the most basic layout it's not really effecting the resources required. You can also turn the avatars off already and I've never noticed it making much difference. League of Legends is/was plagued with the same sort of issues as their launcher uses Adobe Air as well. It's probably just goign to be one of those issues that will only go away if/when a new platform is used for the client.

We have a plan to improve things, I should be able to post some news about that in the next few weeks.

Former head of poker @ Unibet

Is it just me who is at least semi annoyed about the sound effects, especially at night?

I just woke up and couldn't fall asleep again do I thought I'd play a few rounds of poker. I installed the unibet poker client on an Android mobile phone. I have the phone on mute so I won't disturb others. However, the poker client kept on beeping when changing views and I couldn't find an option for silent operation. Maybe it is there but I didn't want to wake up everybody by browsing through the menus. In my opinion, the client should respect the phone's muted state.

I had the same issue with betup beeping very loudly and I had give up on that.

Phone will vibrate (beep) even when on silent. You have to go into settings > Unibet & turn off notifications.
I debate

I'd like to have the option to post the big blind immediately when sitting down at a cash table to start being dealt in right away.

It's sometimes a bit dull having to wait for the big blind to come around. Especially since people tend to leave the table just as they would get the big blind, which means the next person sitting down then just misses the blinds and has to wait an entire round.

@nutpeddler wrote:

I'd like to have the option to post the big blind immediately when sitting down at a cash table to start being dealt in right away.

It's sometimes a bit dull having to wait for the big blind to come around. Especially since people tend to leave the table just as they would get the big blind, which means the next person sitting down then just misses the blinds and has to wait an entire round.

If this feature existed and someone doesn't use it, it generally means they're new or bad, and we want to avoid identifying players that way for as long as possible.  We have the same reasoning behind not having auto top-up.  We looked into having it forcing you to post as soon as you join as an alternative, but it's likely that we don't comply with some of our licensing terms, as people need to be able to avoid betting if they want to.

@Doroty5599 wrote:

Do you meditate on the separation: master account and poker account?

because I have different currencies and it is not as good as they are automatically transferred.

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean.  

Maybe this was suggested earlier, sorry if this is a double. 

Would it be possible to groom out sitouts from tournaments after a certain period has passee and the player has not played at all, e.g. a no-show? The time period would be predetermined, the first break for example.  In a deepstack Tournament it takes a long time to outblind the players who have not logged in at all. It also gives a big advantage if you happen to sit before the sitout player, or two as it happened in Tuesdays deepstak Rio Mtt.

This was implemented in a another site a long long time ago. The no-shows would be removed after 15 mins of play and only the active players remain. Of course this would apply to the freerolls only. If you pay for the ticket then you can sitout for the entire tourney if you like. :)

The kicking out sitouts feature that was implemented on Microgaming I think was kicking players after the end of the first level. I absolutely hated it. Been kicked out so many times for being a few minutes late. And most infuriating, being kicked out of a deepstack "freeroll" that was basically a prize for the leaders of a month long leaderboard because I got home 10 minutes late since I thought missing 1 level didn't matter that much. :robotsad:

Just let players have their chance to come back and play. I do agree that sitouts can be problematic in leaderboard situations when they end up getting more points or even money by not playing, but in the end you also have the option to fold every hand, but you do play to posibly get an even better finish.

@FeelsBadMan wrote:

The kicking out sitouts feature that was implemented on Microgaming I think was kicking players after the end of the first level. I absolutely hated it. Been kicked out so many times for being a few minutes late. And most infuriating, being kicked out of a deepstack "freeroll" that was basically a prize for the leaders of a month long leaderboard because I got home 10 minutes late since I thought missing 1 level didn't matter that much. :robotsad:

Just let players have their chance to come back and play. I do agree that sitouts can be problematic in leaderboard situations when they end up getting more points or even money by not playing, but in the end you also have the option to fold every hand, but you do play to posibly get an even better finish.

but they also have late reg .i think micrograming tournaments( freerolls) still have late reg. so is still a good ideea kiking off the sit outs

I agree, being kicked out of a prize freeroll after a few minutes be unfair.  Maybe the first break would be better suited? I have taken advantage of the situation myself, alhough unintentionally, as I missed the start of one Rio MTT, and joined in during the first break. 

I think there were some long term sit outs even after the second break. I can't say if they were playing and then had to leave or were they absent all the way from the beginning. 

Anyways, not a big problem. Sometimes it can be a blessing as well if you end up in a good position regarding the sitouts and one can also use the same feature to arrive late to the party. Thanks for listening..erm.. reading. :)

Sit outs are beneficial for others because free blinds/hands can be slightly weaker to win at showdown because less players involved in hand. Keeping sit outs would be best because due to player cap the freerolls have, some people register and start play later in the tournament. It doesnt really matter when you anticipate on playing or even if you decide to play at all, if you hit register for a tournament you should be there until all your chips are gone.
I debate

To reduce sit outs just tighten registration periods to 20 mins or less before a freeroll.   With an hour or 2 of reg you can find something else to do instead of waiting 45 mins for a free tournament.  

Microgaming's policy is great your in a 944 player tournament when 160 pay and after 1 level it goes down to 670 players after they remove the sitouts.  Just makes you show up and they have late reg so if your going to be late unreg and reg later.  Once you realize they have that policy, it's on you to show up and play, benefits the people actually playing.

@jappe wrote:

Maybe this was suggested earlier, sorry if this is a double. 

Would it be possible to groom out sitouts from tournaments after a certain period has passee and the player has not played at all, e.g. a no-show? The time period would be predetermined, the first break for example.  In a deepstack Tournament it takes a long time to outblind the players who have not logged in at all. It also gives a big advantage if you happen to sit before the sitout player, or two as it happened in Tuesdays deepstak Rio Mtt.

This was implemented in a another site a long long time ago. The no-shows would be removed after 15 mins of play and only the active players remain. Of course this would apply to the freerolls only. If you pay for the ticket then you can sitout for the entire tourney if you like. :)

@FeelsBadMan wrote:

I think it could work as long as we do it right.  I think one level is way too soon, what happens if someone disconnects as soon as it starts and can't get back for five minutes?  On the other hand, we want to be RELATIVELY early to avoid the problem too much.  I think it can only happen in freerolls, but may well be worth looking into.  I'll add it to the internal thread we keep on client improvements.

@tunkkiruni wrote:

It would be nice if Pokerihuone players can play Unibet twitch freerolls too. Example Squid freeroll which doesn't show up in Pokerihuone client.

I'll investigate.  The aim was to avoid cross-selling players between the two skins, but I guess we're doing that anyway now.

Another thought regarding no shows: what if everyone would be in "sit out" mode at the beginning of the tourney? If you are present, you can click or tap the Play button and you are active and present. That would reduce the time spent to go through every player, first the normal waiting time plus disconnect timeout bank. Once I was in a freeroll where I ended up in table with many disconnected players and the first round around the table took so long that the blinds went up two times. :)

Regarding the "Play" button, would it be possible to have it active all the time? It looks like it is active only when my turn has arrived. Current implementation does prevent fishing more sit out time. 

Somethings that I would like to see from Unibet.

Multi Day Tournament on the Weekend with a Deepstack strucutre and really slow blinds like 20 or 30 minute blinds.  Maybe 50 Euro Buy In with 2,500 Gtd or Something that just to mix one in weekly.  Would be good for all types of players for different reasons.  

Standard satellite step system that is open.  1 Euro to 4 Euro to 25 Euro to 100 Euro where you can start from a euro and if you wanted to stop at 25 euro go hop in a 25 Euro MTT or keep going to try to get into the Saturday 100 Euro.  I think this is probably the best way to help recreational players take shots at the higher levels comfortably.  Also just in general for Unibet MTT's to grow I think a simple step system is great.

Mix Max Tournaments.  Start 9 handed till 36 remaining then 6 max till 16 remaining then a heads up shootout to the winner, their is also no heads up shootouts in general yet.  I know that shootouts were on the list.  I just think for a poker room that is focused on growing the game, they should try some of the funner formats that have been used before.

Big Ticket Satellite Weekly Tournament(s) a 4 Euro Tournament that awards 50 or 75 Euro Open Tickets which can be exchanged into whatever they want.  and a 10 to a 200 Euro or 25 to a 200 Euro Open TIcket.  What a tournament this would be, if it was a 4 Euro 350 Gtd on a Sunday where top 7 got 50 euros in their choice tickets or 5 players got 75 euros worth of tickets.  They could replenish there bankroll for the week decide to grind sngs, mtts, whatever their heart desires.  

I really like the step it up tournaments and I know they just give cash which is arguably better based on your perspective.  2 to 10 and 4 to 20.  This is similar but slightly better for the poker room, I think also better for players who have bankroll management issues.  If you convert 75 Euros into 10 x 4 Euro 10 x 2 Euro and 15 x 1 euro tickets, you got no worries about tilting it off somewhere.  Just a weekly idea, I mean Id love it daily.

Random Bounty Tournaments.  Instead of always the progressive K.O format.  It could be fun to have an entire bounty 3 minute blind tournament, where when you knock someone out a little box opens up or envelope saying how much his bounty is.  It's definitely a progressive idea, but I could see those tournaments becoming addictive.  Everyone trying to k.o each other to get the fun envelope opening bonus game.

Twitch Freeroll Payouts- Great freerolls and enjoy watching the streamers, just doesn't make any sense to have minimum cashes below 1 euro.  There isn't lower stakes sngs or mtts or able to buy into a cash table without a euro besides centroll unibet open sats.  100 euro could pay 10 for first 4 euros 2nd to 11th 12th to 61st get 1 euro. Just a suggestion.

Mostly tournament related suggestions, but honestly I really like Unibet Poker's software, cash games, etc. 

There was a tournament on Unibet when it was part of the Microgaming network where you had a certain amount of time to accumulate required number of chips or you'd be eliminated. Example, you have 10 minutes to have minimum 3,500 chips. Was extremely fun. Would be great if a similar variant was added.

Also,   has incredible tournament ideas. I agree with everything in the above post ^^

I debate

Survivor Tournaments they were called.  9 Levels eliminate 10% of the field each blind level.  Till their is 10% remaining and they each get an equal share of the prizepool usually 10x buyin.  100 player tournament eliminate 10 players every 5 minutes till 10 remaining.  They were fun, but can be frustrating when you are forced to go all in to survive and the other players tank fold to keep you from having a chance.  

@BookTheWin wrote:

Somethings that I would like to see from Unibet.

Multi Day Tournament on the Weekend with a Deepstack strucutre and really slow blinds like 20 or 30 minute blinds.  Maybe 50 Euro Buy In with 2,500 Gtd or Something that just to mix one in weekly.  Would be good for all types of players for different reasons.  

The only place I've seen multi-day tourneys work is PS and that's during coops. I don't think they're only weekly 2 day event does well at all and also has a massie buy-in. The Sunday Entitled is technically a multi-day phase tourney so wealready have one. No rec player wants to sit for 8 hours two days in a row for one tourney IMO.

Standard satellite step system that is open.  1 Euro to 4 Euro to 25 Euro to 100 Euro where you can start from a euro and if you wanted to stop at 25 euro go hop in a 25 Euro MTT or keep going to try to get into the Saturday 100 Euro.  I think this is probably the best way to help recreational players take shots at the higher levels comfortably.  Also just in general for Unibet MTT's to grow I think a simple step system is great.

The sat systems are closed by design I believe to keep the money in the respective area. If the system was open you would end up with a situation ike PS where people are only playing sats to get the T$ and not playing the event they're trying to qualify for.

Mix Max Tournaments.  Start 9 handed till 36 remaining then 6 max till 16 remaining then a heads up shootout to the winner, their is also no heads up shootouts in general yet.  I know that shootouts were on the list.  I just think for a poker room that is focused on growing the game, they should try some of the funner formats that have been used before.

Sounds fun :) 

Big Ticket Satellite Weekly Tournament(s) a 4 Euro Tournament that awards 50 or 75 Euro Open Tickets which can be exchanged into whatever they want.  and a 10 to a 200 Euro or 25 to a 200 Euro Open TIcket.  What a tournament this would be, if it was a 4 Euro 350 Gtd on a Sunday where top 7 got 50 euros in their choice tickets or 5 players got 75 euros worth of tickets.  They could replenish there bankroll for the week decide to grind sngs, mtts, whatever their heart desires.  

I really like the step it up tournaments and I know they just give cash which is arguably better based on your perspective.  2 to 10 and 4 to 20.  This is similar but slightly better for the poker room, I think also better for players who have bankroll management issues.  If you convert 75 Euros into 10 x 4 Euro 10 x 2 Euro and 15 x 1 euro tickets, you got no worries about tilting it off somewhere.  Just a weekly idea, I mean Id love it daily.

See above r.e. Sats

Random Bounty Tournaments.  Instead of always the progressive K.O format.  It could be fun to have an entire bounty 3 minute blind tournament, where when you knock someone out a little box opens up or envelope saying how much his bounty is.  It's definitely a progressive idea, but I could see those tournaments becoming addictive.  Everyone trying to k.o each other to get the fun envelope opening bonus game.

https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/Poker/Bounty-MTT-payouts/m-p/10051#M1086 - I posted before about bounty payouts always being the same all the time. I think your idea may cause some maths issues with the prize pool because if the bounty is randomly generated you may have people with their entire buy-in as a bounty which would create a low final table payout.

Twitch Freeroll Payouts- Great freerolls and enjoy watching the streamers, just doesn't make any sense to have minimum cashes below 1 euro.  There isn't lower stakes sngs or mtts or able to buy into a cash table without a euro besides centroll unibet open sats.  100 euro could pay 10 for first 4 euros 2nd to 11th 12th to 61st get 1 euro. Just a suggestion.

Mostly tournament related suggestions, but honestly I really like Unibet Poker's software, cash games, etc. 

I've never made a twitch freeroll so I've never seen the payout structure but I'm guessing it's designed so 'everybody wins'. It's not designed as a bankroll booster.

I've not worked out how to multi quote yet so I just replied under each one :)

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

BookTheWin wrote:

Definitely a great idea, I thought about steps with SNG 10 players like this for instance: 

• Step 1€ (0.9+0.1) : 1) 4€ MTT or SNG ticket  2) 4€ MTT or SNG ticket 3) 1€ MTT or SNG ticket
  • Step 4€ (3.6+0.4) : 1) 25€ MTT or SNG ticket 2) 10€ MTT or SNG ticket 3)1€ MTT or SNG ticket
  • Step 25€ (22.5+2.5) : 1) 100€ MTT or SNG ticket 2) 100€ MTT or SNG ticket 3) 25€ MTT or SNG ticket

I think that this idea of permanent qualifications would reduced the number of players in the MTT qualifications but advantage for players is that they can qualify whenever and advantage for Unibet is that it avoids overlay.  

Archived