Jump to content

Software Suggestions/Improvements Thread


MoreTBC

Recommended Posts

Thought would be a good idea to try and create a 'Go To' thread for suggestions to improve the poker software/games so that everyone knows about things in development or reasons why things are not going to happen that may have already been suggested. There have been plenty of responses to suggestions in other threads/forums so I'll try and find as many as I can and update with any official replies that may have already been made.

Everything on the list is based off from posts from UnibetRep and UnibetAndrew on the MTT and general discussion 2+2 forum threads so it 'should' be accurate. Anything in the not planned list I'll try and stick a brief reason as well.

It looks like you can't edit threads after a period of time so hopefully a nice mod will update this as I find things.. and feel free to edit/delete anything that may be misinterpreted or is just completely wrong :)

 

In Development

  • Hand replayer
  • Friday night MTT event
  • Blind Structure changes to MTTs
  • Other game types (PLO8, etc)
  • Shootout MTTs
  • Rebuys
  • Bonus/Ticket shop
  • Fast Fold/Zoom poker
  • Multitabling on mobile version
  • Multitabling on web client. (Not with current Adobe Air platform, long-term dev)
  • Colour coding for MTTs in lobby
  • Win % shown during all-ins
  • Auto-update of client
  • Different card designs
  • Block on rat-holing <100 BB
  • Tooltips
  • Change client time to match local time
  • Popup to alert player r.e. expiring tickets
  • iPhone client
  • Font size changes
  • Integration with rest of site bonus system/tool
  • Real-time flop requirement updates for tickets
  • In client Community link (scheduled June 2016 client release)

 

Not planned

  • NLHE games higher than NL400 (Liquidity)
  • Animated Avatars
  • In-game chat
  • Run it twice for cash games
  • Downloadable hand histories (To stop third party software interaction)
  • Auto top-up on Cash tables (Protection for new players)
  • Showing your hand when you win (Simplicity)
  • Seat selection in cash games (Protect against bum hunting)
  • Player tagging/Note taking (Casual player protection)
  • Pop out lobbies for MTTs (Adobe Air issue)

 

No official response

  • Basic MTT info (Blind level/position in MTT etc) on table

 

Other Notes

  • Bonus store ETA Jan 2017

 

 

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good thread!

What I would like to have is the option to continue watching tables,if im out of the tournament and also the possibility to watch games without playing.

For example,I don't dare to play NL400,but I think it would be cool to watch the guys playing there,so far it's not possible,right?

In general it would attract ppl to play higher limits,cause there are not scared of what comes there ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites


@LordOfPoka wrote:

 

What I would like to have is the option to continue watching tables,if im out of the tournament and also the possibility to watch games without playing.


I think you can watch MTTs, you just click on the player in the lobby and the table pops up. Might be wrong but I thought it worked.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Looks like you read the 2 + 2 thread a lot!

Other game types are something I'm interested in, but aren't scheduled for development yet.

Fast is going to be several months away, but hand replayer and rebuys should be sooner.

The MTT schedule and structure stuff is up to Robin, it doesn't require as much development time, though someone still has to enter the structure info etc.

Former head of poker @ Unibet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't know if it's just me, but the one thing I hate since the update is thw way it's hard to scroll down a list.

When looking through the tourney schedule I'll get halfway and find myself back up at the top.

Similarly in a tourney lobby, if I'm scrolling down trying to find myself (cos I'm never at the top!) it will flick back up.

That's another thing, it would be nice to be able to select yourself and stay highlighted so you can see where you are at a glance.

Just call me Mrs Kings :-)
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@JillianP wrote:

Don't know if it's just me, but the one thing I hate since the update is thw way it's hard to scroll down a list.

When looking through the tourney schedule I'll get halfway and find myself back up at the top.

Similarly in a tourney lobby, if I'm scrolling down trying to find myself (cos I'm never at the top!) it will flick back up.

That's another thing, it would be nice to be able to select yourself and stay highlighted so you can see where you are at a glance.


I think this is something for the bug report list at https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/PokerBugReports


@Ja-z-Polszy wrote:

That threat is very important so i put something from me.

Please add option ' Change seat '


We don't have table selection on purpose - it's important to keep casual players alive.

Former head of poker @ Unibet
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@Andrew-Unibet wrote:

 Looks like you read the 2 + 2 thread a lot!

Other game types are something I'm interested in, but aren't scheduled for development yet.

Fast is going to be several months away, but hand replayer and rebuys should be sooner.

The MTT schedule and structure stuff is up to Robin, it doesn't require as much development time, though someone still has to enter the structure info etc.


I basically just scanned your replies to things from march onwards, Only 4 pages to go.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@Ja-z-Polszy wrote:

if you multitabling mtt's , it can be useful


You mean choosing where your avatar is positioned when you sit at a table on your table screen, not seat selection as in choosing which table to sit at right? Some people like to be at the bottom, some at the top etc.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, with a small screen it can be useful to arrange your postion at the table, so you can see yourself on all tables.
I don't think table selection was meant, I like the way cash tables are set up so you can't choose who you sit down with.

Just call me Mrs Kings :-)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi! When you are in the tournament lobby and want to find yourself fast, click the "eye" icon on the right side of the page, just above the scroll thingy. No need to scroll anymore! It'll tell you your position, chips and possible payout. This is something I struggled for a while with, till I found this little thing of beauty. When you once click the eye icon, it'll always keep you first on the list, and chipleader, no.2, no.3, etc. behind you. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites


@MoreTBC wrote:



You mean choosing where your avatar is positioned when you sit at a table on your table screen, not seat selection as in choosing which table to sit at right? Some people like to be at the bottom, some at the top etc.


That isn't there because it doesn't really work graphically with the 3d slant to the tables.  I think it's a matter of taste though, and that people get used to it pretty quickly.

@startelver wrote:

The lobby window is too big ! I can't resize it on my Windows 8 laptop. Only tables can be resized.  


This was a design decision someone took in the early stages of the project before I joined Unibet.  I agree that it wasn't a good choice, but we're working on a long term project that includes fixing this problem.  It's still a few months away though.

Former head of poker @ Unibet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh, and the reason it isn't fixed already is that it's something very fundamental to how the program works.  Changing it means changing a LOT of other things, so it's a lot of work to do something relatively minor.  It's better that we spend our development time on something with a better return for the work invested.

Former head of poker @ Unibet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just typed out another batch of items from the 2+2 thread but I got an error when posting :( Any way to pull back the autosaved version?

 

Are the rebuys going to be Rebuy/Add on style or Re-entry?

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@MoreTBC wrote:

Just typed out another batch of items from the 2+2 thread but I got an error when posting :( Any way to pull back the autosaved version?

 Are the rebuys going to be Rebuy/Add on style or Re-entry?


Sorry, I don't know enough about this site yet.  If you ask in the general threads they may be able to help.

Rebuys will be rebuy/add-on style.

Former head of poker @ Unibet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In development

  • Colour coding for MTTs in lobby
  • Win % shown during all-ins
  • Auto-update of client
  • Different card designs
  • Block on rat-holing <100 BB
  • Tooltips

 

Not Planned

  • Player tagging/Note taking (Casual player protection)
  • Pop out lobbies for MTTs (Adobe Air issue)

No official response/Maybe

  • Basic MTT info (Blind level/position in MTT etc) on table

 

Other Notes

  • Bonus store ETA Jan 2017

 

Two pages to go and I'll be caught up. If a mod wants to update the original post with the stuff above I'd be eternally grateful :)

 

Shout out to  for the heads up and saving an hour of my time.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad I could help. :) Btw, isn't the below feature already available? I thought that's what the little note icon that sits next to the player's avatar is for. But I've never used it so maybe I'm wrong...? :smileytongue:


@MoreTBC wrote:

Not Planned

  • Player tagging/Note taking (Casual player protection)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


@Valkyrie wrote:

Glad I could help. :) Btw, isn't the below feature already available? I thought that's what the little note icon that sits next to the player's avatar is for. But I've never used it so maybe I'm wrong...? :smileytongue:


@MoreTBC wrote:

 

Not Planned

  • Player tagging/Note taking (Casual player protection)

 


The icon next to people's names is the way to see what happened in the prior hand.  You can't take notes there.

Former head of poker @ Unibet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...