Winner of Euro 2016

Evarb

IMO ther is 3 teams that might win, Spain, Germany and Belgium. The question is if the spaniards are getting too old to get another victory, i think otherwise that they have agreat team. Belgium was a disapointment in friendly vs Finland the past week, but if they can get their pieces together, maybe. But my tip goes to Germany. Once heard someone say: All the teams struggle and play great football, but when the smoke rises, the germans take the gold.... And i think the have a strong team again.

When in a hurricane, some people build shelters while others build windmills.

Germany is my likely winners as they have strength on a very stable squad ... but Spain em in their bright moments are incredible high quality can be a great surprise to many teams ... robb-75

robb-75

@Hoovers wrote:

IMO ther is 3 teams that might win, Spain, Germany and Belgium. The question is if the spaniards are getting too old to get another victory, i think otherwise that they have agreat team. Belgium was a disapointment in friendly vs Finland the past week, but if they can get their pieces together, maybe. But my tip goes to Germany. Once heard someone say: All the teams struggle and play great football, but when the smoke rises, the germans take the gold.... And i think the have a strong team again.

Why not France? They have everything to win and playing at home

A good point, but i think that the "french nerves" playing on home soil will make them loose in the semifinals, and also i think that the team is´nt good enough. On the other hand, i might be wrong and u might be right :smileyvery-happy:

When in a hurricane, some people build shelters while others build windmills.

i think it's between germany and spain,the best teams by far in my opinion.i don't think belgium has enough experience to win it even though they have some great players

Fear knocked at the door, Faith answered and nobody was there.

They used to get far. I think Belgium was the first team not to survive the first round as host of this tournament in 2000.
Poland, Ukraïne, Switserland, Austria followed their example. (correct m if wrong please)
On the other hand, if the tournament is hosted by only 1 country, the host usually gets far in the tournament, that's correct.
(No idea what to think about Euro 2020 now :D)

I've got a feeling it could be the year of the underdog with a good team ethic, like Leicester in the premiership.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Croatia won it. Obviously the big guns will be there or thereabouts but I think its very open.

A bit of luck here, a bit of momentum there could carry a team all the way to the final............and then lose to Germany :smileylol:

Archived