Slowrolling No! No! Bad Dog No! No!

BookTheWin

Slowrolling is when your all in and they have only 2 options calling or folding.  If it's preflop and they have AA, KK, AK and use all their time bank and then call it's slowrolling.  On the flop turn or river.  If they have a clear call like have QQ on a Qj5 flop and you go all in with K10 or something and they take all their time with the best hand or an easy call that's slowrolling.

Interestingly when someone is almost completely zeroed out as you call it before calling or raising is actually just a tell on your opponent more than anything.  If it was calling then it could be a slowroll if it meets the criteria above, if it was raising then that's just a tell you had and you knew when your opponent was strong and when he weak so well done on picking up that tell. :smileyhappy: 

You should be happy if you pick up patterns because, patterns are exploitable and can be very profitable at times.

Thanks for the explanation @BookTheWin. Luckily I never went all in, but I got the distinct feeling that he was trying to entice me into doing just that by making me think he wasn't really paying attention. Maybe he wasn't slowrolling, but he definitely had some kind of "strategy" going on. He always started his little "waiting game" pre -flop whenever he had a strong hand, so after a while it became quite obvious what he was up to and he only got to me the first few times, but it was still annoying. :smileytongue:

@Valkyrie wrote:

I'm not sure I got the slowrolling thing correct, but I think someone did this to me today. He/she kept waiting until the clock was almost completely zeroed out before calling or raising and whenever he did it he had a great hand that beat my good one. It just didn't feel like he was busy doing anything else but did it on purpose. :smileyfrustrated:

many people are doing this as  a slowplay : theathre action ! a bit of thinking , a bit of unsure etc.

@polarbear wrote:

@Valkyrie wrote:

I'm not sure I got the slowrolling thing correct, but I think someone did this to me today. He/she kept waiting until the clock was almost completely zeroed out before calling or raising and whenever he did it he had a great hand that beat my good one. It just didn't feel like he was busy doing anything else but did it on purpose. :smileyfrustrated:

many people are doing this as  a slowplay : theathre action ! a bit of thinking , a bit of unsure etc.

Exactly, it felt like he was acting his little butt off just to provoke me into doing something stupid - like going all in, thinking he would fold - only so he could then call me with a better hand. But I figured him out, so no Oscar for him. :smileywink:

Archived