Roland Garros

NemesisBE

Don't you like this time of the year in Paris?
I really like this Grand Slam the most. Although I do not like Rafael Nadal.

Until now, all favourites are through to the next rounds, but Andy Murray already played 5 sets twice.
Who's your favourite this year?

I think Nadal will win his tenth RG, he's really cruisin' through.

Your thoughts?

Indeed – the Grand Slam’s have an incredible atmosphere that you don’t see anywhere else. Nadal looks really strong this year – IMO he should at least reach the semi’s with the level of play he’s shown so far.
As you mentioned, Murray has been struggling with tough matches until now, and I don’t see him get any further than the quarter finals. The long matches will probably get to him eventually.

My darkhorse for this year’s French Open is Nishikori. He’s been playing well for a long time, and even though he hasn’t been able to knock down the favourites in a long time, he almost always puts on a great effort giving his all in big matches.

Close match for Tsonga right now at Philippe-Chatrier! I expected him to destroy Baghdatis in 3 sets – hope to see a tight 5th set :smileyhappy:

/Marco

Former community moderator

After Nadal withdraw, there is only one favorite to win this trophy: Djokovic.

His main opponents for the title should be ... Nishikori, yes small little Japan guy. Why not Murray ??? Because he dont the balls to beat Djokovic in best of 5, Kei if he got a good day, his groudstrokes will clear the lines then Djokovic could be in a realllllll trouble

I don't like djokovic that much so i keep have some faith someone would defeat him ( finally )

Let's hope that gofin could have a bit of magic in he's game and win it ( but wouldnt be realistic maybe ) however e pkays a good tournament so far .

Murray not hitting the balls good and with all those 5 sets he may not be in good shape anymore longer .

I think the finale Will be Djokovic - Wrawrinka :)

Pretty boring Slam, but from semis it should go up. Very interesting semis, maybe Thiem will make some noise, last time with Novak it was very close.

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

@tomeczek19 wrote:

For me RG this year is a parody. Radwanska and Halep out, because they're had to play in the rain.

The condition were the same for both players :smileytongue: its a parody to say that the lose because of rain. Both got really great handicap before the rain Halep 5:3* Radwanska 6:2 3:0, both was playing in little rain(when they were winning), its only their fault they lose. Same thing you can wrote about almost every match, for example you can say about Djokovic - Murray match US OPEN final 2012, Djokovic lost because he need to play in such a windy condition, c'mon ...

Everytime someone will complain when they lose, everytime on slams when you close the roof(if you got one :manvery-happy:  ), its give small advantage to one player, because the conditions of playing changes, balls got different speed, different bounces etc.

In Final I think both will win at least one set.  Djokovic is not as good and dominant as I waited and Murray had weak matches too but now  without Federer and Nadal they are the bests in clay.  Djoko won against Murray in 3 straight sets in Madrid but Murray got revenge In Rome in two sets. If Murray can serve as good as in Rome and Djokovic wont play his best the british can win but I think this will be the most important match to Djokovic because they want to do carrier GS. And If he can win today he can won all GS this year.

My tip: Djoko won 3-1

odds: 3,85

• 4 weeks later...

Archived