Unibet poker room is terrible software

startelver

The software is CPU-intensive for sure, but in my opinion it's the best (and certainly most modern) poker client that isn't made by Rational.

More importantly, the Unibet developers actually listen to us when we report problems with the software and are actively trying to improve it. On some sites, there are software glitches that have existed for over five years that the devs have done nothing about. (e.g. The blind-posting and seat reservation problems on 888).

I like the software from a visual standpoint.  Graphics/avatars are top notch.  The usability of the site isn't quite up to par... mainly refering to the MTT lobby.  But overall it's a good product.  Disconnections and logging in problems do happen but support has made me whole again if I lost money.  Fortunately it seems that when these problems arise they are bunched together so I know not to play if it starts acting up.

What has losing KK to 99 got to do with standard of software?

Rarely have a disconnect btw, software is very good.

Only issue is the occasional disappearing cards etc which I know is being worked on and will hopefully be addressed soon.

Graphics software looks very good, i would give grade 10, improvements however that may be made to no longer disconnect and lock so often. This are my problems with this software.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm.

I like this software, colors, graphics its pretty cool. What i dont like is that it is very heavy on cpu. When you have few poker rooms open it could be problematic to switch from one to other.

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

@nelutzu wrote:

i get disconnected at least 10 times per tournament

Then something is going wrong on your end - we've had very few major network problems since we moved data centre in March.  CPU lag seems most likely, in which case you can probably help it by running fewer programs at once.

@jokers wrote:

What has losing KK to 99 got to do with standard of software?

Rarely have a disconnect btw, software is very good.

Only issue is the occasional disappearing cards etc which I know is being worked on and will hopefully be addressed soon.

Goooooo Iceland!

Disappearing cards/avatars was improved with the last update and should be fixed with the next one on the 29th.

@jerry wrote:

I like this software, colors, graphics its pretty cool. What i dont like is that it is very heavy on cpu. When you have few poker rooms open it could be problematic to switch from one to other.

I recommend only playing on Unibet :(

But yes, the CPU requirements are a big problem for us.  It was a conscious trade-off - we wanted to look like a modern client, and we wanted to be able to develop identical clients on separate platforms at the same time.  We have a relatively small development team, around a dozen (I've heard that back in the day Party had 1,000....), so the compromise we took was to use Adobe Air as a wrapper program.  Unfortunately, Adobe Air turned out to be crap, so we have these resource requirement problems.  We have a long term project to fix that, but it's still a few months away.

Former head of poker @ Unibet

Archived