My Blog - Ticket Tracking & Random Ramblings

JillianP

Just in case anybody else reads this -
For a while before the community began I was planning on taking my poker more seriously and creating a blog to track my progress.
Then just before joining the community a) I went into such a downswing I was convinced I was the worlds worst poker player and was having a larf about taking it seriously, and b) I got a job!

Couple of afternoons a week quickly became almost full-time, so between that and trying to keep my own business going there's not much time and energy in the evenings for poker now :smileysad:

Anyhow I was lucky enough to win 100 euros of tickets in the community league, so I've decided to create a blog to track how I go on with them, just for myself really, hope nobody minds a little self-indulgence?

I began last night with 36,41 in my account and the tickets.
Used the first to enter the Community weds and got 6 euro for 4th. Wasted 1e on a SnG so overall I'm up 3 euros at 41,41!
Could definitely have done better, but I particularly noticed how I tend to get a bit tired and bored towards the end, must guard against that.

At least I began with a positive!

Just call me Mrs Kings :-)

Good luck converting tickets to cash, Its always worth changinf a little bit to  a playthrough bonus maybe 10e and that way it gives you a bit back guaranteed.

I agree with David as well try for the UK tour, Talking of the UK tour I now have 2 seats for Glasgow, so double the chance of me getting a win and you 5%. :)

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

I'd encourage you to use small amount of the ticket towards the UK tour, since atleast in the smaller qualifiers(4€) the field is (or atleast was with giveaways) pretty soft. A few regular sat grinders here and there, but you should manage to get more tickets quite easily. And either grind those up or exchange to bunch of smaller tickets and keep on grinding. IIRC with 5x 100€ UK tour final tickets, you can convert that to a package? Or take your chances 5 times! 

Hope to see you in Glasgow! :smileyvery-happy:

+Don't make the same mistake I have made multiple times now, stick to a strict BRM and most importantly, remember to have fun! 

I'll be looking forward to seeing your progress. :)

Thanks guys!

I always visit my family in Manchester some time in December so I would love to make it to that leg of the tour.

Was too tired to do much tonight, bust 2nd hand in the Doom freeroll, my QQ beaten by pocket kings!
Then accidentally regged for a deep crazy bounty without realising it was 1min blind levels!!

Managed to hang on into 4th place for 5,62 + 68c bounty, so from a 2euro ticket I'm up 4,30euros.
or was before wasting another 1e on a SnGo to win a 1e ticket :smileytongue:

So started today on 41,07, now on 46,37.

Actually got a day off tomorrow so hopefully will play a bit more

Well, should have stuck to catching up on the housework today!
Played 5 tourneys, 2 freerolls, a 4euro ticket on the Opening Ceremony, a 1euro ticket bounty and a 2e ticket for the Community lFriday.
Played like an idiot, lost, lostquickly, lost just before the money and managed 6th for 4,41.
So overall on the day I'm down 2,59, but balance gone from 46,26 to 50,67.

Good luck! Stay positive & you will achieve great things :smileyhappy:

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

Didn't update last night, too depressed, disheartened and disgusted with myself.

Had a good afternoon, couple of FT elsewhere, one on Unibet, played a little 10NL cash and came out slightly up which is all I'm looking for while I get used to those giddy heights!

But then in the evening there was alot of negativity flying about and I continued to play, and play.
I'm down by 2 x 2e, 2 x 4e, 2x 1e tickets, plus some cash i'd won earlier. So the day ended up having cost around 20 euros. balance is still 51 something, but not good.

I MUST learn to stop playing when there is such a poisonous atmosphere, it's not the first time it's happened, but it HAS to be the last. Don't know why it affects me so badly, but just accept that it does and DON'T PLAY!!!

Haven't updated for a few days 'cos not played much, and when I did it was neither terrible nor terribly successful.

Today was a day off work so played quite a bit and actually did ok!

Won a little cash, played a 100GTD with a 4euro ticket and amazingly came first for 39,06 euros!
Didn't manage to match that with anything else on Unibet but did manage another ft in the league tournry.
So altogether quite a good day. Now have 60 euros in tickets, and 88,66 balance.

Grats on the first place! Going to try for the Sunday Entitled Entry only tournament? Lots of qualifers running
I debate

Thanks! Still feel that's a bit out of my league yet, got to stay in the shallow end of the pool for now :womanlol:

btw  every time I see your pic it makes me think you could be my son, can't find a pic of his red phase but you see what I mean? 

2003540220_November82012.jpg.74da1032800478ae9f60f175e10e7b9c.jpg

I definitely see what you mean The thing with red hair is I always go out in a dress shirt otherwise people think I've gone mental The crazier the hair the more professional you have to look in other areas
I debate

• 2 weeks later...

Another week gone by with very little to report, this working for a living thing is getting old quickly :smileysad:

Have been playing a few of the UK tour satellites with little success, keep getting to the bubble and then making a big stupid mistake :smileyfrustrated:

So now my ticket balance is down to 20euros and cash balance 100,57.

In real terms then I am down from my starting total of 136,41 to 120,57.

Thanks 

Bit down at the moment (mentally and financially lol) but I shall plod on.

Just had a few days where nothing would go right for me, don't know whether I've changed my play, or it's just bad luck.

Thought I could top up my tickets in this months leagur but I think I've slipped way down now 😞

C'est la vie!

Archived