The poker chit chat

JeppeL

13 hours ago, pinki said:

@Purpseasy shove 🧐

Why? To run in to set of Queens? AQ with A of clubs? The guy is calling every draw and a pair there. Never a fold tho, but calling and checking the turn what ever card it is I think it's the play here. If you miss the turn, you might get a free river card. If it's a club, you're at least a 80-20 favorite and can still get it in on the river. If turn pairs the board, you still have the odds fold for a shove. 

Don't know the guy, but way to often these min raises PF in a multiway pot are big pairs at the low levels.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pionrj said:

Why? To run in to set of Queens? AQ with A of clubs? The guy is calling every draw and a pair there. Never a fold tho, but calling and checking the turn what ever card it is I think it's the play here. If you miss the turn, you might get a free river card. If it's a club, you're at least a 80-20 favorite and can still get it in on the river. If turn pairs the board, you still have the odds fold for a shove. 

Don't know the guy, but way to often these min raises PF in a multiway pot are big pairs at the low levels.

@Pionrjfor me, even his SET on the flop doesn't matter - simply nice hand 😄 . I don't even discuss the variant with eg AcQh or QJx because in this case it is a typical flip, which at this stage of the tournament is EV + for me. His next move is almost certain, because it's a hyper tournament and his bet size, just like in your case the 16bb after call, your next playable hand will be your usual preflop all-in in a few minutes.

image.png.61576c95b4744106c38ea2848a359980.png

"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

3 minutes ago, pinki said:

@Pionrjfor me, even his SET on the flop doesn't matter - simply nice hand 😄 . I don't even discuss the variant with eg AcQh or QJx because in this case it is a typical flip, which at this stage of the tournament is EV + for me. His next move is almost certain, because it's a hyper tournament and his bet size, just like in your case the 16bb after call, your next playable hand will be your usual preflop all-in in a few minutes.

image.png.61576c95b4744106c38ea2848a359980.png

That's everything else but +ev. If he raises with carbage and really folds, you will miss value. If he calls, you're always behind. You can talk about "flip" but looking at the other stacks therr, 16bb doesn't look like a push or fold stack at that stage.

6 minutes ago, Pionrj said:

That's everything else but +ev. If he raises with carbage and really folds, you will miss value. If he calls, you're always behind. You can talk about "flip" but looking at the other stacks therr, 16bb doesn't look like a push or fold stack at that stage.

He mentioned: no bubble, no ft. IF ? He(villain) will be allin on the turn/river no matter what, with ie. 2s on the turn will you give up after 7bb call ? 16bb now, but in couple minutes it will be ie. 10bb , like i said its hyper tournament with 4min blinds lvl. Even the closest preflop play at this level will cost you, say, 3bb and later/or current hand what ? 

Not always, he can easily hold j10 suited in his hand 😑 

Second thing players for 5-10 € play very aggressively and very well because your game will look similar to 15-16bb 🙂 I don't see any brake in this configuration here. the question should be: if not now, then when?  🙂

"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

12 minutes ago, pinki said:

He mentioned: no bubble, no ft. IF ? He(villain) will be allin on the turn/river no matter what, with ie. 2s on the turn will you give up after 7bb call ? 16bb now, but in couple minutes it will be ie. 10bb , like i said its hyper tournament with 4min blinds lvl. Even the closest preflop play at this level will cost you, say, 3bb and later/or current hand what ? 

Not always, he can easily hold j10 suited in his hand 😑 

Second thing players for 5-10 € play very aggressively and very well because your game will look similar to 15-16bb 🙂 I don't see any brake in this configuration here. the question should be: if not now, then when?  🙂

I already answered that. Fold only if the board pairs. And that's also after randomizer. Even tho it's a Hyper, math works the same way. If you're constantly taking -ev flips I don't really mind. I don't agree players at 5-10€ playing very well, aggressive yes. 

And the last question is just nonsense. Every hand is it's own and should be played like it. If you're thinkg the tournament way ahead, you'll never get there. 

11 hours ago, Pionrj said:

With K9s, I had a flush-draw, a middle-pair and an overcard. Not even giving me the extra 2 %-points for a backdoor straight. Against a top-pair and an over-pair, that's a 50-50 situation. A set is not really likely here, if Turms2 min-raises with QQ preflop, he's doing that with AA, KK, JJ as well. To me this smelled like he's having something but wanted to protect his hand with the pot bet.

Folding is out of the question. If I just call, he's probably pushing on the turn as well, given his stack size, so why not just go all-in immediately? 

So most of you guys would have done the same and here's how the hand played out:

image.png.5a3ba10b7a4d88c807f4eb090fd34dab.png

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDuI don't think that shove is the worst play there if yoy think purely the odds. Min raise PF+potting flop is just something that I've seen so many times at these levels with JJ+. But yeah, I checked that from Monker and it gave 68% call. You have fold eq, he doesn't. It's a freezeout tourney and folding turn after call leaves you with small but playable stack. 

15 hours ago, WuDu said:

so why not just go all-in immediately? 

That was thing that i wondered that you didn't do after that flop. Perfect place to semibluff, either steal the chips or if he calls, you still have good chance to win the pot.

#0lucky this time

6 minutes ago, Livertool said:

That was thing that i wondered that you didn't do after that flop. Perfect place to semibluff, either steal the chips or if he calls, you still have good chance to win the pot.

#0lucky this time

Donking this flop is in fact the play I would most prefer, but not all-in. With middle pair and a big draw you want to see the turn and probably river too as cheap as possible. Betting 25-33% as a blocker bet works at higher levels at least. It looks fishy for the PF aggressor, but that's just why it also works so well.

3 minutes ago, Pionrj said:

you want to see the turn and probably river too as cheap as possible. 

Ofc, and in the perfect world we would see them for free, hit nuts flush and still get called. Unfortunately my world ain't perfect so i prefer put pressure on others. With those stacks, all in at some point seems inevitable anyways so might as well push it (none folds at unibet anyways, certainly not when they are half stack deep). Stealing is fine as we ain't golden but decent odds to gamble too.

Not saying that my way of playing it would be only solution, just how i play.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pionrj said:

Donking this flop is in fact the play I would most prefer, but not all-in. With middle pair and a big draw you want to see the turn and probably river too as cheap as possible. Betting 25-33% as a blocker bet works at higher levels at least. It looks fishy for the PF aggressor, but that's just why it also works so well.

see tbh if I faced the bet you are saying I would see it as a flush draw 

Donkbetting? Now you guys are going wild! 

Again, with a FD+MP+OC it's totally OK to go all-in with in this situation. Don't forget, I was playing an MTT, you need to win at least 2 All-Ins if you want to reach the money. On the bubble or ITM, things might look a little different, but here?

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

1 hour ago, Livertool said:

Just cause name has negative vibe don't mean it is always bad play 😉

image.png.a64439cf52c78ab8750c71bb915c53d5.png

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e478irguds1wqns1600b2

The Wire Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

the most RIGGED RNG poker product of all. Favorising the highest chips and the most stupid ones in order to finish faster and play more and more

raised 3 bet,the donk called.

raised again,another insane call.

went all in,why not? 😑

and there you go... 🤮

who the fck plays like that.

This is not poker anymore here at UNIBET, it is only about beeing tilt or not. if your account is  on "hot run" any 2 cards are 100% winners

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

• Haha 1