The poker chit chat

JeppeL

5 hours ago, WuDu said:

No read, no specific behaviour before.

Well, the two callers obviously have a hand that's somehow attractive, but not good enough to raise with. Mostly it will be connectors (including 1-gaps), then suited cards with a minor chance for a small pocket pair. AXs, 76s, KQo, JT to name a few.  

So the options are: Fold, call, some small raise or all-in. 

3 bet jam all in. Flat calls aren't traps a high enough % of the time for me to worry about that, and the opening raiser can fold a lot of equity with A9o KJo  type hands to make this a very profitable play.

• Like 2

So we have 3 x All-In, 1 x Call and 1 x Fold. Interesting.

I think what makes this hand so interesting is that all these options make sense, yet you really cannot be happy with any of it.

Calling for just 1,5 BB? OK, but then you're against 3 opponents and you need to hit an 8 on the flop.

Folding? OK, you still have enough BB left, but 88 is simply a little too strong for that.

All-In? Would feel a lot better if I had less than 18 BB left or if there weren't two additional callers in the hand. However without the callers, you might as well take a look at the flop for 1,5 additional BB.

So I came to the conclusion that I'm either folding or going all-in here. In the end it comes down to if KerelMaat beats my hand. I'm assuming he has a valuable hand: If it's AA-99, I'm obviously screwed. But it could also be something like AK, AXs, KQ, QJs, maybe even down to 98s or a smaller pair. Maybe one of the two callers has another ace or another king, which would improve my chances.  

In the end, I went all-in. With 18 BB, there's always the chance that everyone folds and I pick up almost 10 BB uncontested here.

Well, KerelMaat 4bet All-In, the vampire folded and imanem (short-stack) called. Now it's time to guess again, what card were they holding?

Edited by WuDu
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

As you say it's a guessing game. To be honest we've all probably seen everything imaginable in these situations. KerelMaat could have a monster, there again I've seen this done with AA down to garbage. The small stack could have had AA hoping for something like this, or a shrug of the shoulders and hoping with 9-4o. Purely on the basis you've posted the hand I'm saying they both have nothing, the first a total bluff, the second a pure hit and hope. 🤔

Edited by GR1ZZL3R
  • Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

On 8/27/2021 at 10:24 AM, Andy-Unibet said:

Can everyone please stop looking at this as a hand vs hand scenario. Range vs Range Ian is probably much closer to 50/50 or slightly ahead.

Can i use that same next time we have bad beat competition? Like thou card odds showed like i was only 60/40 fav, in reality i was probly much closer to 99/1 fav 😆

Lets see if i get banned again for SPAMMING for replying to posts 🥶

1221450651_Screenshot_20210831-1523482.thumb.png.219bf36aeae2b955b9570a6b853f7ad2.png

On 8/30/2021 at 2:19 AM, WuDu said:

What would you do?

wwyd.png.b7c198aaaeb32f35c5243ce5c5ca4afe.png

In the Big Blind, not on the final table, not on the bubble.

None wanted to know what stage tourny was even if in wasn't ft or bubble? Chance to make itm with that stack without gambling with eights? Majority was just ready to all in without that info even it was sure sb will go all in too and most likely that at least other, if not both, of big stacks will join too?

Secrets revealed: pocket eightss aint that strong in multiway pot 🤫

Once again, no wonder badbeats are so common when it is even promoted to play that way. Laying down is for loosers, just all in and pray for best 😂

That what he said...

39 minutes ago, Livertool said:

even if in wasn't ft or bubble?

and i quoted 🙂

To me wudu wasn't in such position that he needs to gamble.

I reckon sb had carbage (why not 3-bet otherwise with low stack?) and sb wasn't the one that had to be worried too much but bigger stacks could easily have cards to kick wudu out. 

20 hours ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

KerelMaat could have a monster, there again I've seen this done with AA down to garbage.

I agree grizzler with this, but that both big stacks would be behind wudu and either wouldn't call all in, that i just don't see.

None wanted to know what stage tourny was even if in wasn't ft or bubble? Chance to make itm with that stack without gambling with eights? Majority was just ready to all in without that info even it was sure sb will go all in too and most likely that at least other, if not both, of big stacks will join too?

Secrets revealed: pocket eightss aint that strong in multiway pot 

Once again, no wonder badbeats are so common when it is even promoted to play that way. Laying down is for loosers, just all in and pray for best

@Livertool

Like Andy said, no final table, no bubble in sight and in the BB. 

wwyd2.png.814611d0bffc78c4a26e2c08e8aa42ff.png

KerelMaat in fact really had a hand and I was doomed from the start, however I think in this situation, pushing with 88 wasn't a bad decision. Like I said before, AA-99 were possible, but so were AK, AQ, AJs, KQs, QJs, T9s, 77-22 and so on...

Edited by WuDu
  • Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

On 9/1/2021 at 8:55 PM, psrquack said:

Hello Mr. Tool.

Playing undercover again?😁

I demand answers! @Livertool

n3.png

On 9/1/2021 at 11:07 PM, Livertool said:

Not me this time mr duck. One cheeky avatar per year against wudu is enough 😀

But nice to see that someone else does it too 🤣

no laughing matter kanye GIF

tool.PNG.41fd557717b2f065a18f06876519168b.PNG

tool2.thumb.PNG.236ddb56802c11ef56f4227524e63bc4.PNG

Be Quiet Ben Stiller GIF

• Haha 4

On 8/31/2021 at 2:47 PM, Livertool said:

Lets see if i get banned again for SPAMMING for replying to posts 🥶

Just to clarify on this, this was a mistake on my end. I meant to click inappropriate language. Hence why I removed the spamming one and added the right one.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cris1285 said:

@psrquackI got 3 or 4 tickets, and never won a penny on that flip tourney (so shady to run it at 2 am, maybe doesnt even happen 😜). Play them if you like them, but playing hexas only for the ticket makes no sense imo, you need to be great at flipping way too many times 😄

Dont wanna spam @CristianPoker80 s great blog, so i announce the big news here. The jinx worked, i won... 57 cents + 2€ hexa ticket!!! 😜 Yeah, obviously not worth it, just if you play them anyway. I like hexas (at the moment...) so hopefully i win something valueable in the flip tourney.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What would you do? In the BB, no final table, no bubble, one of the first few hands, the opponent has been pretty liberal with the raise button before.

what1.PNG.7dd7280afec4e0a873a5b345bb81e4cd.PNG

what2.PNG.8c6ac5e7b7e2b5aed47d5e92ec025601.PNG